• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Mildew on surface of opium preparation effects on IV processed result

Fifth step

Greenlighter
Who can tell how somehow white layer and some white mold spots on the surface of opium preparation liquid affects to end result when processed to injectable morphine or heroin? Thank you for trying to resolve this problem! I think that fungi would hardly survive from heat, alcohol and strong alkaline solution if it's even a dangerous one, but if so how about mycotoxins as well? I'm only wondering this because of the possible risks when injecting directly to bloodstream.

This sounds bad... I've heard of hash makers scooping off mold from their water hash preps, but I still wouldn't use that. To IV something like your doing sounds really bad... Really though if you are making IV quality morphine or heroin from opium you would probably know the answer.

Maybe try dissolving your end product in 100% ethonal, filter, and evaporate to clean?

Yes I know, cannot help it. Maybe I have to use it other ways in the end. I just started this experiment on a whim from moldy part of my preparations. There has been, not very fine filtering yet, but precipitation steps from ethanol solution and now I'm trying non-polar washing. Just wondering, if I'll get close to pure end product, how possibly there might be something harmful from mold in the very beginning, hiding within. Some guides for chandoo quality opium are telling just to remove the possible mold coat, but chandoo has not meant for injecting. Actually, I think that the step when morphine should precipitate quite alone, it would be unlike to something from mold precipitate at the same, but just cannot be sure, unless someone knows for own experience for example.

I don't know enough about the true specifics of this issue. When you start talking about fungi and IV in the same thread, naturally, I get scared, but like you've said, if you use a bunch of strong chemicals to purify, maybe it won't be a problem.

Maybe. I think that it depends a lot what is removed and what remains, when speaking about toxins rather than risk of infection. Thinking the issue this way, any time when purifying any opium all the way to IV quality, one should always be sure if there has been any mold in any step of making opium, which seemingly is not very rare anyway. I don't mean that there could be when making safe product. It must depend a lot of the danger rate of the particular mold as well as the purity state of the end product. Is there same harmful toxins left from the mold metabolism, harmful directly in blood? Is there some safety mecanisms in lungs or before circulating to important and sensitive organisms from lungs?

I think that I got quite or very pure morphine, but I made too mild IV solution. Later, when I tried to evaporate it to stronger I didn't get it to dissolve anymore. I also tried IV my first time and it was practicing. I have been tapering from opium over three weeks now and managed with very small amounts, but my tolerance is nothing close to zero. I had some kind withdrawals and injected 3 ml. Then I didn't feel any withdrawals, but very easy, nothing more. Maybe morphine is smoother, than opium. I also had been drinking a very little O-tea, but some withdrawals got back in an hour from injecting. I'm making some strong stuff again and it looks pretty good this far.

Yes that mold will be killed off through the processes you need to perform. As you've had suggested to you just remove the visible mold and proceed as you are. Sounds like you know what you're doing fwiw, did you harvest the opium yourself and if so did you use traditional methods?

Well penicillin comes from mold....so could it really do any harm? Penicillin as a by-product of moldy opium? Who knows, maybe it's a thing..
Cha-ching!

Why dont you try pluging it...
As with others mould and IV do NOT go together
But I would risk plugging.....
A bit of a tummy ache is much better that the sickness you get from a dirty hit

Even if I will harvest some or a bit, depends...this far I have done actually from pods. I remove the seeds and everything excessive, powder the pods with blender and boil with a good amount of water, filter through cotton, evaporate and when thicky coating forms on the surface, remove it. I continue this till something like 1/10 of liquid is left, put a little bit ethanol and to cool place and next day I always made another round. When I had about three of those I put it all together and precipitation to secondary and started to evaporate the liquid again as before, removing the coating as it forms, all the way to opium. Then I mix it with some ethanol so that I have about 1/3 amount of liquid from the last one. Next, in few days a lot of precipitation forms to be removed to secondary again. I take the clear ethanol opium solution and evaporate it to more pure opium. Then I mix this high quality opium or some of it with good amount of alkaline water and adjust ph to 9 and collect very pure precipitation, morphine. Next I rise ph to at least 11 and collect precipitation again, other alkaloids. When I adjusted ph back to 9 no more precipitated. Last time this simple method worked very well. Very little further procession is needed, not even non-polar solvents. Both precipitations worked when smoked with herbs.

About the molds, only minority are dangerous anyway when eated or drinked. So that would be option also. I just got so pure looking end product that I couldn't resist to try IV my first time and didn't get any harm, only from my shooting technique (thick skin and vein walls).

Opium is best used orally you can try ingesting the pods as a whole u processed it's a very strong method that lasts almost as long as methadone

Oh yeah, actually that's the method I used regurarly, left the process to strong tea stage usually. Somehow I like the effects most that way, even if done regurarly it rapidly gets ones tolerance very high, with some bad side effects like constipation also, but that's the case taken in any form often enough, especially when enough morphine has been consumed within.

Edit.
IV my first time and didn't get any harm, only from my shooting technique (thick skin and vein walls).
Okay, it really was about technique. Now I got it. Still not going to go back to daily use anymore, any dosing way. I also have to get better IV solution done next time.

Edit.2 Some update: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/796278-Potentiating-opium

Last edited: