• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants mild stimulants for adderall crash?

Lopez

Bluelighter
ok today i dosed my usual 60 mg (XR) and obviously sped the day away. now i'm ~7 hours into the beautiful rush and i'm in the progress of coming down. i know within 4 hours the crash will manifest and i'm mentally prepared for it (i've used adderall enough to get used to the crash). obviously just because i can "tough it out" doesn't mean that i can't soften the crash ;) (not to mention i'll be testing tomorrow), so i came up with a theory...

amphetamines are RELEASING agents, you crash because your brain is burned out of most of its dopamine/serotonin/norepinephrine supply (right?).

methylphenidate is a RE-UPTAKE INHIBITOR, which basically makes your brain RETAIN dopamine and norepinephrine.

(now i'm no pharmacist so correct me if i'm wrong)

when a person is clinically depressed (lacks one or more of three transporters) a psychiatrist will prescribe a RE-UPTAKE INHIBITOR to restore them. so would it be helpful to dose some methylphenidate for ~3 days after taking amps?

lastly, will smoking cigarettes inhibit the production of dopamine?

Awesome topic too bad so few replies :(

I think there may be some utility in what you suggest--and at the very least, its certainly is based on good logic. If you were to stop taking amp and instead take Mphen A.K.A : Methylphenidate, for 3 days, in order to have any "healing" effect, you'd have to take a dose of Mphen that is comparatively lower than your normal amp daily dosage. Even better would be to take a low dose of Mphen, generally speaking, that is a dose considered low even to stimulant naive people.
The reason is that Mphen is way more powerful than the antidepressants you speak of, so you'd have to take that into account. Also Mphen screws with your neurotransmitters in its own special and damaging way. So even though it behaves like an antidepresant and effects the brain differently than amps, it still can cause its own problems and so I'd stick with a low or very low dose for that reason alone

hmm, thanks man. and yeah i'll test my theory out soon :)

what i think you need is some dextroamphetamines bro..... thatd make u feel way better.

I've heard of people taking caffeine on the crash of Adderall or Dexedrine, but never methylphenidate. I personally think that taking more stimulants when coming down off stimulants just prolongs the crash that will come sooner or later...that being said, I am a fan of re-dosing with Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) during the day, and then taking a sedative (benzodiazepine or sedating antihistamine) or at the very least smoking some cannabis on the comedown.

You have to come down sooner or later...

Mixing a reuptake inhibitor and a releasing agent sounds dangerous to me, but I could be wrong.

Still an interesting thread nonetheless...

caffeine doesnt even help only makes you feel worse... been amph dependent for almost ten years now. trust me. the only thing that will stop the crash is more amphs which will just make you crash harder, but like neighborhoodthreat said when u do come down .... benzos are pretty effective. at making the end of the world freak out feeling go away.... and pot will help if ur not too gacked ha.

Awesome topic too bad so few replies :(

I think there may be some utility in what you suggest--and at the very least, its certainly is based on good logic. If you were to stop taking amp and instead take Mphen A.K.A : Methylphenidate, for 3 days, in order to have any "healing" effect, you'd have to take a dose of Mphen that is comparatively lower than your normal amp daily dosage. Even better would be to take a low dose of Mphen, generally speaking, that is a dose considered low even to stimulant naive people.
The reason is that Mphen is way more powerful than the antidepressants you speak of, so you'd have to take that into account. Also Mphen screws with your neurotransmitters in its own special and damaging way. So even though it behaves like an antidepresant and effects the brain differently than amps, it still can cause its own problems and so I'd stick with a low or very low dose for that reason alone
and also from experience methylphenidate makes me really sick and just feel like shit... so i would really avoid that... cause i mean if ur coming down from adderal... which is a half dextro half levo amph...it will just make u feel way worse (on the note of methly DO NOT EVER EAT AN 82.5 mg patch.... u will get really sick...) but ya either way id pass on those if i was u ha...

It seems that I interpreted the OP's question differently than all the other posters did. I read the OP to be asking: Whether or not Mphen would be a good idea to take the day AFTER taking amp, and for an additional 2 days as well. Essentially, I thought the OP was asking if Mphen would either,
1) minimize amp w/d's
And/Or
2) possibly help to restore neurotransmiter (sp?) equilibrium

Everyone else seems to have interpreted the OP's question to be asking if Mphen, taken immediately upon onset of amp crash, would "soften" the crash.

IF my understanding is correct, I stand by my suggestion of taking a very low dose of Mphen the day after taking a break from amp, and possibly for a few days more.----it probably won't "fix" the (temporary) damage amp caused to your NT system, but it will make you feel better. It would be analogous to taking Bupe or Methadone for a few days when one is taking a break from opiates.

BUT if everyone else's interpretation is correct and the OP wants to take Mphen to help w/ the amp crash for a few days, then I would agree with everyone else and say NO, the Mphen won't "soften" the crash, it will simply keep you high until it wears off and then you'd be dealing with an Amp and Mphen crash

When i ran out of Ad, i took an antidepressant for a few days along with benzos, worked pretty well.

Please trust me when i say combining pot && caffeine pills is a BAD idea. One day i took my normal dosage of "NoDoz" which was 2x 200mg in the morning and 1 200mg in the afternoon. I smoked a little and had to be rushed to the E.R. My blood pressure was crazy and my eyes were rolled back in my head ( didnt have control of my eyes no matter how hard i tried). They gave me adivan and cardio meds. My discharge papers simply said substance abuse. I thought i was going to die.

sorry for being a little late here, i don't know if anyone will still read this but:

as waldo said, i was thinking of using methylphenidate to recover from the damage done to the dopamine transporters. i wasn't able to try it as i decided not to risk it on a test day and instead manned up and waited for it to wear off. still i'd be interested just in case i decide to use a higher dose of adderall one day (double the crash doesn't sound fun).

anyway, thanks all :)

SWIM mixed promethazine today with adderall and had some nice euphoric effects that would compare to a ecstasy.

the answer is: GABAPENTIN ...... It's not a benzo nor stimulant, but acts like both.... Perfect!

Horrible mixture

the answer is: GABAPENTIN ...... It's not a benzo nor stimulant, but acts like both.... Perfect!

I agree with the guy in quotes. To an even better extent, lyrica.
To the op, although I've never mixed methylphenidate with adderall crash, I do have a similar experience.
I was having a relatively nasty experience coming down from my monthly binge of adderall ir tablets so I tried a little ethylphenidate which I believe has similar pharmacology to mph, and let me tell you, it was the worst experience I've ever had crashing from stims.. This includes many many comedownds from the REAL mdma of the nineties rave scene. And I have had some pretty nasty times coming down from ten mitsubishi nights (dealer habit) and woh boy what I'm saying is I don't reccomend taking any phenidate after amphetamine
Good luck to future experimenters
Mygreenbic