• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

mild soar throat last couple times smoking weed...is it normal?

euphoria445

Bluelighter
mild soar throat once inawhile the last couple times smoking weed...is it normal?

i smoke out of a one hitter so i don't know if that's a cause of it...but it will only happen during the peak part of the high when i'm fee;ling relaxed chill and whatnot...then it goes away after the high is coming down...i can be a naturally paranoid person though(i have a bit of hypochondria)so i don't know if i'm making out the sensation to be bigger than it really is when i'm high...and if being high is heightening it a bit...anyway,like i said...it comes VERY quickly than goes...it doesn't really effect my high too much./...also it mainly happens when i'm smoking a heavy indica dominant hybrid or something similar

i take two hits and hold them in for a good amount of time(5 seconds).

Last edited:
It's due to the effects of smoking. You should switch to oral ingestion or vaporization.

By the way, it's "Sore". "Soar" with an A is to soar like an eagle.

5 seconds is pretty long and will give time for tars to stick. One hitters give very hot smoke because they are so small so there isn't time for the smoke to cool, and the most tar because there isn't much surface for the tar to attach itself to (think pipe resin).

Your method of smoking is very effective (getting the most out of a small amount) but also the hardest on your respiratory system.

Roll a small joint or use a corncob pipe or something. Eating and vaping are cool but give a different kind of high.

Inhaling technique might be something to look at too. How deep are your inhales, is there smoke in your throat for 5 seconds? Not sure if tar in your lungs is much better but at least you won't have a sore throat. :D

I'd say it's because of the one-hitter and really has nothing to do with holding your hits in. As 421 said, the smoke doesn't have time to cool before it reaches the back of your throat due to your pipe's size. I'd recommend investing in a water pipe or bubbler. Another suggestion that I have for you is instead of inhaling as you're lighting your bud, simply suck the smoke into your mouth as you would with a cigar, and then inhale the smoke into your lungs once it's in your mouth. This will give the smoke an additional few seconds to cool down and, if you're interested, you can play around with the french inhale.

thanks for the responses guys....gonna try the method you said samslumberland...anyway the reason i use a one hitter is to conceal smell etc...and through a doob tube....if i could i would smoke through my larger glass pipes or even a bong... but i'd rather be discreet.....than smell up the whole house..lol

It's due to the effects of smoking. You should switch to oral ingestion or vaporization.

By the way, it's "Sore". "Soar" with an A is to soar like an eagle.

God damnit, Captain, I was going to make an awesome joke but you ruined it now.

use a vape... and drink a lot of cold water after taking a hit...
also, high quality weed will help a lot better than some backyard boogie weed! lol %)