• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Mild breakthrough with munchies...

Uncle Chuffnuts

Greenlighter
So as a regular smoker I obviously think about alot. Recently after a honking piffter, I was thinking about how much I had eaten on the given day. I realised I hadn't been eating as much (I frequently over eat so no worries there.) which led me to pondering on why I sometimes eat more or less than usual, and my appetites obvious relationship with the munchies. Blah blah blah 5 minutes later, I realised I actually eat less when I smoke alot, as I have more to do when I have more smoke which in turn stops me eating from boredom, wether or not its a healthier alternative to smoke out of boredom than over eat is questionable but I'll keep on topic. Also, when I smoke more there is obviously the minor increase in tolerance which leads to less potent highs and less potent munchies, meaning less food is consumed. But when my jar is pretty much empty I seem to substitute smoking with eating; and I eat alot when this hits. And again there is the decrease in tolerance leading to stronger munchies,

Thoughts?

I saw an article that suggested the BMI of regular cannabis users is lower than non-users for all other factors being controlled for. Google it and you'll find it.

As for me...nope...cannabis defiantly makes me eat too much and contributes to my being over-weight.

Damn...now I want cookies. ;-)

Indicas tend to give me less of the munchies; Sativas more so. I figure that since the Indicas tend to zone me out so well, I can barely stay awake enough to eat; I'm much more interested in relaxing.

Sativas that really get me amped up tend to cause insane bouts of eating. My attention wanders all over the place and usually gets fixated by food.

Mixtures of the two, or hybrids - tend to give mixed effects.

Here's the weird thing though.....if I start smoking before eating, and keep smoking without touching food....then I can go a long time without the munchies. But if I eat a single molecule of food I become quite a pig, and it continues until I go to sleep. Also, if I smoke right after a big meal, I find I can immediately eat again (though I feel like crap the next day).

Tom

Well, I have never experienced such a thing.

All I know is that smoking up makes me want to eat like a freaking maniac.

Interesting, it seems there are alot of factors to take into account. I feel you guys, I battled a weight problem from 2006 straight through to 2012, then I got fat again in summer 2013 through to the same time this year, when I had my second spurt of excercise, been up and down in weight ever since.

This 100%;
Here's the weird thing though.....if I start smoking before eating, and keep smoking without touching food....then I can go a long time without the munchies. But if I eat a single molecule of food I become quite a pig, and it continues until I go to sleep. Also, if I smoke right after a big meal, I find I can immediately eat again (though I feel like crap the next day)

Weight problems? My problem is I can't fucking gain weight, man. If it weren't for tree I'd probably weigh an even 110 or some shit. As it is I'm down to 125lbs (I'm only 5'4" so fuck your little kid jokes if you have any :sus:).

Also, I load trucks for a living. Meaning I regularly have to load packages that outweigh me by a good 75lbs.

...My job is a big part of the reason I struggle to gain weight. It's like a 6-8 hour steady workout around midnight every day. I need some protein shakes or somethin', hahaha.

Weight problems? My problem is I can't fucking gain weight, man. If it weren't for tree I'd probably weigh an even 110 or some shit. As it is I'm down to 125lbs (I'm only 5'4" so fuck your little kid jokes if you have any :sus:).

Also, I load trucks for a living. Meaning I regularly have to load packages that outweigh me by a good 75lbs.

...My job is a big part of the reason I struggle to gain weight. It's like a 6-8 hour steady workout around midnight every day. I need some protein shakes or somethin', hahaha.

I wish pot had a predictable, repeatable effect on my appetite, but it doesn't. If I've gone 12-16 hours without food and then I smoke, I usually end up going another 3-4 hours without eating. But if I smoke after eating, I get hungry again. If I smoke when playing a video game/watching a movie, I focus in on what I'm doing. Some strains tend to make me hungry, and others kill my appetite. So my weight fluctuates up and down between 178-198 lbs @ 6 ft. Was 218 when I was a student many years ago.

Another odd thing about pot and hunger/weight Jibult; when I was a student (and didn't smoke pot), I ate complete garbage. Older now, I smoke from 4-8 times a day currently....and I weigh less.

Having my morning coffee now and watching the news. Had a bong rip and appetite....perhaps 4/10, but since I don't have in the house what I feel like eating I'll wait until lunch.

Tom

(have a great weekend)

I wish pot had a predictable, repeatable effect on my appetite, but it doesn't. If I've gone 12-16 hours without food and then I smoke, I usually end up going another 3-4 hours without eating. But if I smoke after eating, I get hungry again. If I smoke when playing a video game/watching a movie, I focus in on what I'm doing. Some strains tend to make me hungry, and others kill my appetite. So my weight fluctuates up and down between 178-198 lbs @ 6 ft. Was 218 when I was a student many years ago.

Another odd thing about pot and hunger/weight Jibult; when I was a student (and didn't smoke pot), I ate complete garbage. Older now, I smoke from 4-8 times a day currently....and I weigh less.

Having my morning coffee now and watching the news. Had a bong rip and appetite....perhaps 4/10, but since I don't have in the house what I feel like eating I'll wait until lunch.

Tom

(have a great weekend)

Yeaaaah, I'm 26, though. I feel like my metabolism should've slowed down and the pounds started piling.

I do eat rather unhealthy foods, though. I grew up on pasta, man-- italian food. Which actually you would think would make me MORE likely to gain weight. Fuck if I know.

People say I don't look 125, though. Most people guess around 140-145 the few times the topic comes up, and I don't really know what that means, lol. Like if it's a good thing or a bad thing, you know?

I'm definitely able to ignore hunger for a while, but more often than not there's just no reason to. When I'm hungry, I eat, and I eat to my heart's(/stomach's) content. I rarely find myself eating for any reason other than to satisfy a hunger, and I don't really keep eating once I know my stomach's at that point. It's just easy for me to stop when I feel full is all.

Before I started my current job loading trucks back in 2012 I weighed 155lbs, but looked pretty much identical to how I look today though I'm 30lbs lighter. Weird as shit. idk, I should see a nutritionist or some shit and get to the bottom of this.

[EDIT: lmao, I'm awesome at turning threads into ones about me. sorry OP]

Marijuana doesn't often make me want to eat. In fact most the time I either don't want to or completely forget about it untill hours later after I've come down.

Now that I'm a student I'm finding it easier to not consume everything on earth cos I'm aware that I'll be the one paying for it, but back at home I'd probably eat my bodyweight in cereal if I decided to eat. I went through a phase in summer where I ran up the overdraft on my debit card to ridiculous levels. we'd be at my mates house getting blazed most nights and I had my details saved to the Domino's pizza app on my phone. Bad times. (But also pretty damn good times, too.)

I find that smoking a joint in bed with the lights turned off and some chilled out music (the new Floyd album is pretty fantastic), makes it difficult to WANT to eat. Just lay back and bliss out until food is the last thing on your mind. -DBC

I always have lots of fruits and vegs in the fridge so I feel less guilty about the munchies...
I can eat a whole broccoli with dip after smoking. And a whole cantaloup on top of that!