Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Microdosing iboga for tolerance reduction

Mind-Expansion

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

Over the past few weeks I've been reading as much as I could find about iboga and finally ordered some root bark. As I can't afford a flood dose under medical supervision, I'll give microdosing a try. I'll start at 300mg and increase to as much as I can handle. To get the most out of it I'll take some curcumin with piperine before each dose.

I'm doing this in hopes it will lower my tolerance, mainly for kratom and phenibut, but also for stimulants and weed. I've heard that Iboga doesn't do much for gabaergic substances but phenibut has a big impact on dopamine as well, so maybe I'll get some effects back.

I'm curious if it also helps with cravings. For now I can't imagine a life without drugs. Maybe iboga proves me wrong.

I know iboga can have dangerous interactions with drugs during a flood. But are there any drugs that should be avoided when microdosing?

If someone has already tried microdosing iboga for tolerance reduction, please feel free to share your experience. Otherwise I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Maybe have a look here:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/823455-Ibogaine-and-opiates-opioids

-----

Also, wonder if you've seen this:

Oxycodone habit aborted with low dose Ibogaine

Fred had the rewarding opportunity to sit in on Josh's's detox from 150-180mg/day Oxy (insufflation) habit, duration of 3 months.

Subjects pre-history w/opiates:

*1999-2002 heroin habit 1-3gm/day (gaining daily intake by approximate 1gm per year, graduating from sniffing>smoking>shooting in the first year).

*late 2002 Successful Ibogaine hcl treatment.

*early 2010 Subject had surgery, resulting in Hydrocodone & Oxycodone habit, tapered down from 100mgs/day to 40mgs/day before a flood of Ibogaine hcl aprox 100 days after surgery, successful results.

*Mid 2012 subject injured neck in a bike wreck, resulting in the above mentioned recent habit (150-180mg/day Oxy)

Subject was gradually administered low doses of Iboga 80% TA (total alkaloid extract) in combination with small doses of methadone just prior to anticipated withdrawal symptoms. (Every 8-12 hours)

Subject metabolizes opiates quite rapidly, thus the methadone was administered in micro doses 2-3x/day. In combo of building up to a flood of the Iboga on day 3, as the Iboga was increased, the methadone was reduced by 1/3 (18-12-6-0), the 4th day being 0 opiates. Total Iboga amount required 470mg, spread across 5 days, with a peak of 200mg on day 3 (60-100-200-60-50).

Extreme care and calculations based on providers experience and open/honest dialogue and agreement with subject assured no risk of overdose, or an overwhelming Iboga experience, as the subject had already been through two single dose Ibogaine complete rebirths, with 12+hours of visuals and no sleep for 36 hours - which was quite overwhelming for the subject. This detox was more like an abortion as opposed to the classic Iboga rebirth.

The concept of introducing methadone in combo with the Iboga TA was two-fold:

1. To stabilize the subject from the ping-pong effect of short acting Oxy (going through withdrawals every 2-3 hours) while gently introducing the Iboga into the mix without a major Iboga experience.

2. Limited resources, Iboga is a precious sacred medicine!

Subject was able to sleep about 4-5 hours/night the first 2 nights with the administration of low doses of Valium, melatonin, L-Trytophan and 5-HTP. Sleep became an obstacle after the flood on day 3, getting only 2 hours of sleep, leaving subject a bit tattered on day 4, but hung in like a champ and got 4 hours sleep the following night.

Surprise surprise! During day 4 the subject was quite restless and was offered a small amount of cannabis (less than 1/20th/gm). This helped subject relax for a few minutes but then began to potentiate the Iboga (or vice-versa) and led to a 3 hour tearful cathartic experience - including visuals - illustrating the subject's traumas, failures, triumphs, lies, truths and challenges in life. Although subject was not comfortable with the process, literally 8-10 years peeled away from subject's face. As the processing subsided, subject was left with a deep calm, in spite of the challenges to be faced moving forward.

FYI, The cannabis was a Sativa variety - Dutch Treat. Had an Indica strain been available, the cannabis would have had a more sedating effect. It is Freds opinion that Sativa varieties of cannabis have what Fred refers to as the truth serum effect, in addition to visualization, and psychoactive properties.

Subject is quite clear on day 5, was able to go food shopping and a short walk in nature, and has a complete 180 degree view on life and purpose moving forward. Aftercare plans include ending addictive associations of people, places and things and reaching out to Iboga peers met during previous treatments. Subject is not a 12 stepper, but does not rule out that in case of cravings, and is quite knowledgable with the right supplements and physical activities for a healthy rebound.

Fred always finds it a blessing and miracle to witness a seemingly hopeless addict transform through the sacred medicine of Iboga. Aside from the spiritual/psychological healing aspects of Iboga are the physiological aspects of how the Ibogaine molecule helps reset/repair the opiate receptors/peptides.

-3rdStoneFromTheSun

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but wow!! vital and insightful knowledge in there Mrpeebody!!

I really want to try this low dose ibogaine.

To stop PAWS symptoms.

Will continue further research.

Iboga is such a facinating plant. I did a flood dose (at home, not really recommended though it worked for me in the end) back in 2014. I have unfortunately fallen back into opiates but it changed my life dramatically (combined with a lot of work afterwards and significant changes in my daily habits). I have some TA extract still and am working on jumping off of suboxone. I'm planning to use 20-25mg doses of the extract at that time to help get through the after math. I considered taking it all in one big dose (but not flood, I don't think I will ever do another flood), but I think microdosing might be a better idea. Ever since my flood dose and the follow-up, smaller dose I took on day 6 (which was an amazing night and much less of a commitment than a flood), I have wanted to take a strong but much less than a flood dose again.

Iboga is such a facinating plant. I did a flood dose (at home, not really recommended though it worked for me in the end) back in 2014. I have unfortunately fallen back into opiates but it changed my life dramatically (combined with a lot of work afterwards and significant changes in my daily habits). I have some TA extract still and am working on jumping off of suboxone. I'm planning to use 20-25mg doses of the extract at that time to help get through the after math. I considered taking it all in one big dose (but not flood, I don't think I will ever do another flood), but I think microdosing might be a better idea. Ever since my flood dose and the follow-up, smaller dose I took on day 6 (which was an amazing night and much less of a commitment than a flood), I have wanted to take a strong but much less than a flood dose again.
Please let us know how it goes. I did a flood dose of Ibogaine a few months ago, but unfortunately I don't think it was enough because I didn't have any profound visions or revelations... Just felt like I was on a 10 strip of acid. Unfortunately I recently fell back into it (opiods), and have like 10 boosters with me and wanted to try to take them to see if it would alleviate withdrawals without taking a full flood dose. I've thought about ordering some HCL online to do a proper flood dose, but I'd be administering it to myself and would have to be very careful