• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Microdosing Cannabis - An Ancedotal Report

Akbar Rabbitowitz

Bluelighter
Daily cannabis users:

Ever wish you could make one gram of 20%+THC bud last well over two months, with daily usage, but still achieve a noticeable medicinal effect each day, such that would provide a sufficient level of mental relief and mood modification, and alleviate cannabis withdrawal symptoms? (Do you have that level of self-control over your intake, or would you like to reach this level?)

Would you like to regain the ability to experience and remember your dreams, every night, despite a daily dose of cannabis?

Would you like to dramatically reduce intake of smoke toxins into your pulmonary system?

I'd like to share my anecdotal experience of microdosing cannabis for a 90 day period. The average daily dosage (1.7mg) during this period was quite low by any conventional standard and represented a 92.5% reduction from baseline 2015 dosages (1.25 oz per month or 1.780g per day).

Please note, this is NOT addressed to social or commercial users, those who do not perceive a medicinal benefit from cannabis, and are happy to indulge in their chosen vice, as they see fit, as circumstances and whims dictate. You are free to enjoy yourselves in the manner you see fit. This discipline is not for you.

This report IS of benefit for anyone who wants to maximize benefits while titrating the dose. This is not about total cessation of cannabis use. This does not involve hash, wax, or dabs, although they could be readily adapted to this dosing regimen.

Essential to this microdosing effort was the use of a unique delivery device which enabled control of the daily dose. This device was specifically designed to minimize the dose. This cannabis delivery device is made of components available to the public, which are inexpensive, simple, and discreet. Also, to determine and monitor the dosage over time, you would need to keep a log and use a 0.000g resolution scale.

Intelligent questions and comments are welcomed, and will be addressed in this thread on a periodic basis, from those seeking to reduce cannabis use. Your interest is appreciated.

Akbar - either your numbers are wrong or something is funny. 1.7mg/day; that is 1700 ug. Charitably assigning a value of 20% THC by weight to your Cannabis (are we talking about flowers? concentrates or THC?) that is 340 ug THC. That is an absirdly low amount for medical use. And a reduction from 1.78g/day to 1.7 mg/day is more than a 92% reduction.

A unique delivery device that is capable of measuring to that extent is an analytical balance....I use them at work. Or analytical pipettes (same thing).

Well, my intelligent (hah) question and comment is; where is the report? Here's the funny thing; medical users (o whom this is geared to) are not seeking to reduce their use. I would say they tend to titrate up to the dose that works for them. Just to clarify a bit further, you need more than a .000g resolution scale to accurately determine 1.7 mg reliably unless you are working with very ;arge weights or volumes of dilution.

Tom

Tom,

I don't mind answering your questions.

Yes, my delivery device is a glass ear dropper, with curved fluted tip, and equipped with a 1/2" deep stainless steel water filter screen that slides easily in and out of the eye dropper. You can buy them in Walmart or any chain drug emporium. The screen can be ordered via Amazon. With a few bic mini lighters, it will run a total of a Hamilton.

The amount of bud is what was stated. It was an average of all 90 days and a total of 2.03 grams of NYCD from an artisan Northwest independent dispensary.

Here is one run within the 90 day period. Start with 0.41g, use every day for 36 days. Full activation of effacious effects achieved in each use. You tell me if I am in the ballpark with the initial numbers.

I use the opportunity presented by the challenge of "microdosing" to point out that yes, a few lucky individuals need only a tiny dose to fully activate the optimal effects. Proper titration will make it as satisfying as the previous larger dose. We use way more than we need, tbh.

You, or anyone has the option of reproducing my feat. I don't speak to you or the 95% who ingest large amounts of social cannabis, but to anyone else out there who wants to radically reduce their medical use. My anecdotal experience can be executed at any level.

Daily cannabis use can be reduced 90% if properly titrated, while retaining full efficacy.

I will post a few pics of the device later.

Salutations Akbar Rabbitowitz,

...90 days and a total of 2.03 grams of NYCD...

Hummm... M'well, 2.03 g divided by 90 days ~ 22.6 mg per day only, which happens to be nearly equivalent to this level of micro-dosing i would argue:

29y58yb.jpg

Using a Syqe cannabis inhaler based on a revolving wheel holding 70 metered doses it should be possible to get single doses close to 15 mg, so it's not exactly marginal: other people already performed significant work on similar application ranges it seems, but 15 mg is *1* dose only for them - not to mention this would hardly last more than 3 ~ 4 hours for me i think.

Start with 0.41g, use every day for 36 days.

410 mg per day is sufficient to supply 3 of my 125 mg pipe bowls, providing a total of 18 to 30 tokes over a period of about 18 hours... With some cookie baking later, it depends. Just don't burn it, VAPORIZE!!

We use way more than we need...

Perhaps many consumers like to flirt with cannabic abuse only as a result of their consumption tool(s) which just ain't conceived with micro-dosage in mind... That is an opinion i came to adopt too late in life for my own taste.

Daily cannabis use can be reduced 90% if properly titrated, while retaining full efficacy.

That statement renders me somewhat perplex too as this could mean the consumer has to ride on the razor edge constantly, trying to never exceed an ideal dosage threshold while accounting for multiple variable factors, like aroma/taste appreciation, etc. In addition this makes me mention biofeedback as an obvious "next step" IMO: consumers offered to change from their blind legacy method to a system promoting self-awareness acquisition via real-time monitoring would most certainly appreciate the opportunity to evaluate it by themselves. At least i know i would!...

Good day, have fun!! =D