• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Methylphenidate(Ritalin)

xdefiance

Bluelighter
Whats your opinion on Ritalin? The instant release only has a half life of 2-3 hours which makes it superior to the extended release imo.

Thoughts?

Well, it depends on what your using it for, for medical treatment of adhd often ER formulations like Concerta can work better because they last the entire day without experiencing peaks and troughs. I remember when I first started on MPH I was on IR ritalin and I would get these huge emotional crashes once my blood levels started decreasing. In this case the ER medications certainly were superior.

Well, it depends on what your using it for, for medical treatment of adhd often ER formulations like Concerta can work better because they last the entire day without experiencing peaks and troughs. I remember when I first started on MPH I was on IR ritalin and I would get these huge emotional crashes once my blood levels started decreasing. In this case the ER medications certainly were superior.

that's fascinating. Yes, I suppose it depends on what your objective is sometimes the ER's don't last the entire day. I read the FDA approved a stronger dose of er Ritalin up to 240mg so kids wont have to redoes throughout the day.

it's basically a lesser but longer lasting version of cocaine.

well, it also depletes and down-regulates some receptors long-term, might want to read into that alittle bit

Ritalin is great, I like it as much as meth or Amphetamine, one of the best psychostimulants there is. I just read in the german wiki that it was introduced to the market in 1954 and sold without a prescription first. It was sold with a narcotics prescription not until 1971.

Never tried.Wish i had.Officialy existed in our pharmacopeia....but very hard to find.I guess is expensive(limited import) or doc.just did not prescribe it.Concerta-that was the med

I'm currently using ritalin for a medical treatment and ir really helps me to start, focus and keep going with some boring tasks (or any tasks in general), but I've heard that can be easily addictive. At first, my irritability and anxiety increased with ritalin, but my doctor gave me fluoxetine and it helps me to deal with this points.
What sucks is when the effect leaves my body and I get sad, but life is like this. I'm not gonna use more if the doctor don't reccomend me, as is an addictive medicine.

that's fascinating. Yes, I suppose it depends on what your objective is sometimes the ER's don't last the entire day. I read the FDA approved a stronger dose of er Ritalin up to 240mg so kids wont have to redoes throughout the day.
Damn that's a high ass dose for a kid

I know it's an "old" thread but well...
there's a megathread on Concerta? I didn't find it, to be honest..

I'm using the baby dose of Concerta: alza 18mg.
it seems to "work" but it also "works" creating that odd zombie state after the interesting effects subside (I mean, after the first dose is instantly released, that's about 1-2 hours for me)
I guess I could do all that jazz to break the pills to get the IR formula that's inside but I feel to exhausted and overwhelmend by thousand things happening to waste my time doing that...

It's an interesting medication for ADHD. Unexpectedly, for me Concerta it's quite similar to 4f-mph, I barely feel the stronger affinity to norepinephrine that normal MPH has...

perhaps the dose is too low? I used 2 pills once and I barely notice any difference. I wasn't expecting that I would prefer 4f-mph instead of mph but well, I guess I didn't experienced yet the "true" mph being in its pure instant release form, or the better option, dextro-methylphenidate that you get on focalin...
It would be too hard for me to try to get other formula, the psychiatrist seems a good guy, but I felt he "smells" the fact that I'm searching for a high, not only a medicine, even though I'm actually searching for a formula that helps my ADHD cause I need to study super hard for public examinations... so well, that's the main point. But generally I get no motivation at all if I'm not feeling a buzz....
and Concerta doesn't provide that in my opinion, just a clean relaxation and focus. At least on the doses I've tried.

I used to take Concerta recreationally and most of the time I did it, I took 96 mgs, I would take two 36 mg pills and an 18 mg pill throughout the day and I would be nice and wired. The last time I did it, I took two 54 mg pills so 108 mgs and had a massive panic attack. I stopped stimulants for about 4 years and then started again with crack, coke and Adderall and sometimes Meth

Plugging Ritalin ahhh the good old days
while my fiendish friends would shoot it up and go kinda bonkers
ill iv opiates but stimulants I wouldn’t iv

Ritalin is great, I like it as much as meth or Amphetamine, one of the best psychostimulants there is. I just read in the german wiki that it was introduced to the market in 1954 and sold without a prescription first. It was sold with a narcotics prescription not until 1971.
True

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is a “Classic Amphetamine” nearly identical to Cocaine in its MOA. both being “Inverse Agonists”

Ritalin is VERY euphoric and pleasurable

Also nearly double the potency of Cocaine at inhibiting dopamine transporter (ED-50) 0.25mg/per Kg of body weight to inhibit 50% of DAT required to induce euphoria

Duration of action 3-4 hours / 1-1.5 hour peak plasma levels, 30-45min onset

Amphetamine
d-Amphetamine
d-Methamphetamine
Methylphenidate (Ritalin)
Phenmetrazine
Cocaine

All classic Amphetamines

Ritalin & Oxycodone….the 2 drugs to ever give me true euphoria…..overwhelming dopaminergic & opioid euphoric pleasurable anxiolytic inner warmth & happiness. Feels like I just won 70 Million Lotto Max