Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Methylone and not MDMA - great roll, bad come down

SWIMpsy

Greenlighter
Hey all,

So went out and got some "good stuff" from a friend. Had no reagent on me and he had taken it already and had tried it previously so decided to try it.
Opened the cap and into my mouth the crystals went, a glass of water, chewing and pulling faces from the tastes and then wait and see what happens.

Started to get really happy around 20 minutes later, like really happy. Normally I would get extremely tactile and wants lots of hugs and cuddles but this time not nearly as much. I just felt happy. My friends who took the stuff with me also said they were really enjoying themselves and I initially thought it was just really good MDMA for a change and the stuff I normally get isn't as pure / lower dose. Probably the best roll I have experienced since the 1st time I ever rolled.

I had a moment of tiredness and then I was back on and then it started to fade and I started to come down, fairly soon after. It was bad, the come down was horrible. I got really tired physically as well as felt emotionally crappy and was then very, very sleepy. I had no desire to re-dose and left early with my one friend as her and I were both just completely over it.
One of the worst come downs I had.

I saved a crystal from the cap so that I could test the stuff when I get back home. The crystal breaks very easily and stays in a very crystal like form and as soon as the Marquis landed on it, it started to turn yellow and then became a bright yellow and looked "oily" almost. I was quite shocked and disappointed.

Does this sound about right? My MDMA experiences recently have been pretty lame compared to the bk-MDMA to be honest. I kept thinking the MDMA we were getting was just bad (and it might be, perhaps a low dose). It seems we get MDMA with some 2CB in it (tested) - I am not sure if they add 2-CB to try and help those who roll often still get a good effect or maybe they try and reduce the MDMA content and add some 2CB to try and save money and hopefully give you the same / similar effect to a full dose of MDMA?

I am currently in two minds about using Methylone again compared to MDMA. Been trying to find some info on it regarding the dangers and how similar it is compared to MDMA in that sense.
Seems to be much of a muchness when it comes to the dangers and how bad it is for you?

The times I tried methylone it was very different to MD, more a stim but still a good experience all round. Never had the crash off it days laters. Much more research on the dangers of MD has been done, methylone might be less neurotoxic but we don't really know.

Both mephedrone aka 4-MMC and methylone aka MDMCAT have been recently shown not to be neurotoxic.

I had a moment of tiredness and then I was back on and then it started to fade and I started to come down, fairly soon after. It was bad, the come down was horrible. I got really tired physically as well as felt emotionally crappy and was then very, very sleepy. I had no desire to re-dose and left early with my one friend as her and I were both just completely over it.
One of the worst come downs I had.

add chest pains and depression for one week afterwards and you have what a methylone comedown is like for me. the high is good, but the aftereffects just arent' worth it ime.

add chest pains and depression for one week afterwards and you have what a methylone comedown is like for me. the high is good, but the aftereffects just arent' worth it ime.

Say what?

You guys must have been getting some really crappy methylone, the stuff I used to get didn't have anything but the usual stimulated crash which was mitigated by my nightly klonopin dose and a shot or two of Jack. I was fine the next day even if I went on a bender which is why I abused it so much. Besides the fact my buddy was giving it to me really cheap.

Say what?

You guys must have been getting some really crappy methylone, the stuff I used to get didn't have anything but the usual stimulated crash which was mitigated by my nightly klonopin dose and a shot or two of Jack. I was fine the next day even if I went on a bender which is why I abused it so much. Besides the fact my buddy was giving it to me really cheap.

arent we all so lucky ....

arent we all so lucky ....

I'm just questioning the material... I had many batches of methylone and I certainly never had chest pains and depression. Mephedrone caused that pretty frequently but not methylone. It was far less of a crash than most things I've done.

I had multiple batches from multiple vendors too. Never any nastiness other than the over-stimulation when I was coming down if I redosed more than twice.

Last edited:
I've only done methylone a handful of times (on purpose, not bought as MDMA) but I've never actually gotten a real crash from it, just some exhaustion that's it. MDMA has a much more intense crash for me and even that is hardly noticeable. So I tend to agree with MagickalKat, your methylone might be of questionable quality if you're getting such a bad crash from it. Though everyone is different so YMMV

I'm just questioning the material... I had many batches of methylone and I certainly never had chest pains and depression. Mephedrone caused that pretty frequently but not methylone. It was far less of a crash than most things I've done.

I had multiple batches from multiple vendors too. Never any nastiness other than the over-stimulation when I was coming down if I redosed more than twice.

the quality was ok. i've brought the material to lab testing.
also, i was the only one of three people who responded in that way. it seems to be up to personal differences (just like with mdma, which doesn't really give me a crash at all if i keep the dose within sane limits).

i've also got a hypothesis, that if you use ephedrine for partying until you don't notice any positives anymore and only get the side effects (like i did), then you're more prone to getting unpleasant side effects from the metabolites of cathinones (which all have that beta-OH group). but of course we'd need more data than just one person to see if there's really a correlation ;)

i've also got a hypothesis, that if you use ephedrine for partying until you don't notice any positives anymore and only get the side effects (like i did), then you're more prone to getting unpleasant side effects from the metabolites of cathinones (which all have that beta-OH group). but of course we'd need more data than just one person to see if there's really a correlation ;)

Your hypothesis doesn't seem to effect me in a similar way. I have used ephedrine for partying and after that bundles of Khat, which contains the beta-ketone cathinone. And experience no side effects whatsoever it feels to me just like I remember my mdma minus the stimulating effects. With mdma I would pace around thinking I need to do something and on methylone I just lay down let it wash over me and relax. It's duration is a pain in the ass though!

Your hypothesis doesn't seem to effect me in a similar way. I have used ephedrine for partying and after that bundles of Khat, which contains the beta-ketone cathinone. And experience no side effects whatsoever it feels to me just like I remember my mdma minus the stimulating effects. With mdma I would pace around thinking I need to do something and on methylone I just lay down let it wash over me and relax. It's duration is a pain in the ass though!

it's just a hypothesis, and you certainly put a huge dent in it. if the first one with a similar history gets a wholly different outcome, it's unlikely to hold true (not that anyone would ever get a large enough sample and do the statistics ;) ).
on the other hand your description makes khat sound very appealing. i hope i'll get another chance to try it :)