• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Methyl nicotine

Neuroprotection

Bluelighter
What would be the effect of adding a methyl Group to the nicotine molecule. Would this change the general chemical and physical as well as pharmacological properties of nicotine. And even more interesting experiment would be to add a phenyl group.
Has anyone ever attempted to carry out these changes to nicotine and if so what were the results.
Personally I imagine that methylated nicotine would have enhanced bioavailability but what are your opinions

There are many different places to add a methyl or phenyl to nicotine and end up with a new molecule. If I were going to do it, this one would be my first choice.

N-methyl-2-(6-methylpyridin-3-yl)pyrrolidine.png

You might get good results from taking off nicotine's methyl.

2-(pyridin-3-yl)pyrrolidine.png

Dresden- what do you supposed doing that would do in terms of effects of the drug?

I can only imagine the addiction potential of a nAChR agonist with the right receptor subtype selectivty and a short half life. Luckily nicotine is legal so we wont have to worry about it being sold as on RC.

I wouldn't put it past a certain enterprising vendor to start experimenting with it.

There are many different places to add a methyl or phenyl to nicotine and end up with a new molecule. If I were going to do it, this one would be my first choice.
sorry, I have know vision. Please could you try and describe what you mean in the picture, and explain why you would place the methyl group there.

N-methyl-2-(6-methylpyridin-3-yl)pyrrolidine.png
Thanks