• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Methyl clonazepam wont dissolve.

hoxyz

Bluelighter
I've made a solution of 5mg/ml methyl-clonazepam which I couldn't get dissolved in PG. I've diluted it down to 1,66mg/ml but after weeks and several hot water baths I still can't get it dissolved. Anyone else had this problem? Or isn't it soluble in PG?

Bump. Still not dissolved (not that i've tried shaking or heating it last months, but i've tried hard before). Anyone tried this?

I have no exp with this particular benzo, sorry. But I suppose it's possible that it just isn't very soluble in PG. perhaps a strong proof ethanol might work better but I have no idea. looking up it's information on places like pubchem they only list what I've typed below for solubility, doesn't mean it's not soluble in other stuff like PG, ethanol, etc but it seems from your exp that perhaps it's not so soluble in PG, assuming your methyl clonazepam is actually methyl clonazepam of course.

Here is only solubility info I could find:
DMF: 25 mg/ml (NOTE: DMF IS NOT SAFE TO CONSUME)
DMSO: 25 mg/ml
DMSO : PBS (pH 7.2) (1:1): 0.5 mg/ml

I don't know anything about DMF but I have used DMSO to dissolve Bromazolam a few times. Bromazolam was annoyingly stubborn about dissolving in PG especially when trying above 5mg/ml, but it was easier to dissolve in dmso. Like way easier. PG took all kinds of heat, tons of shaking, and plenty of time to fully dissolve whereas with dmso it just took a little bit of heat and a few quick shakes and it was all dissolved (usually I did it at 2mg/ml, don't know how high it's soluble to)

So you might have better luck using dmso. Can be purchased relatively easily online even Amazon offers it (should be ok to mention that since this an HR related item). DMSO can be taken orally in small amounts and doesn't taste too bad either in my opinion. Looks similar to PG, just a clear and kinda thick fluid.

As far as I know PG and DMSO mix together without issue. Meaning you should be able to add some dmso to your PG+methyl-clonazepam solution in order to get the benzo dissolved. If you do try this though don't do it with the whole solution you already made in case this too doesn't work out. Measure out a small sample, add a measured amount of dmso and see what happens. Will likely still require a warm water bath and some shaking but I bet the methyl clonazepam will finally dissolve. How much dmso at a minimum you'll need is hard to say, that's why I suggest starting with a small sample of the PG/methyl-clonazepam solution so that you can systematically add dmso until you find what works.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Slightly OT but has anyone else experienced DMSO forming "ice"? At a fairly high temperature (like under 60 degrees F if I remember correctly) DMSO can become a crystalline solid rather than a liquid. I got a liter in the mail once and it was all crystals from being outside when it wasn't all that cold. Was interesting bc I've never seen a liquid, for lack of a better word, "freeze" at such a high temperature before.

DMSO is interesting in multiple ways. I tried ingesting it to relieve pain due to inflammation but found the effect if any resembled placebo and didn't continue that for long. If you consume it, it tastes like garlic and you can even taste this inside your mouth if you put DMSO on your skin topically because of DMSO's unique ability to wick through skin into the bloodstream.

I have no exp with this particular benzo, sorry. But I suppose it's possible that it just isn't very soluble in PG. perhaps a strong proof ethanol might work better but I have no idea. looking up it's information on places like pubchem they only list what I've typed below for solubility, doesn't mean it's not soluble in other stuff like PG, ethanol, etc but it seems from your exp that perhaps it's not so soluble in PG, assuming your methyl clonazepam is actually methyl clonazepam of course.

Here is only solubility info I could find:
DMF: 25 mg/ml
DMSO: 25 mg/ml
DMSO : PBS (pH 7.2) (1:1): 0.5 mg/ml

I don't know anything about DMF but I have used DMSO to dissolve Bromazolam a few times. Bromazolam was annoyingly stubborn about dissolving in PG especially when trying above 5mg/ml, but it was easier to dissolve in dmso. Like way easier. PG took all kinds of heat, tons of shaking, and plenty of time to fully dissolve whereas with dmso it just took a little bit of heat and a few quick shakes and it was all dissolved (usually I did it at 2mg/ml, don't know how high it's soluble to)

So you might have better luck using dmso. Can be purchased relatively easily online even Amazon offers it (should be ok to mention that since this an HR related item). DMSO can be taken orally in small amounts and doesn't taste too bad either in my opinion. Looks similar to PG, just a clear and kinda thick fluid.

As far as I know PG and DMSO mix together without issue. Meaning you should be able to add some dmso to your PG+methyl-clonazepam solution in order to get the benzo dissolved. If you do try this though don't do it with the whole solution you already made in case this too doesn't work out. Measure out a small sample, add a measured amount of dmso and see what happens. Will likely still require a warm water bath and some shaking but I bet the methyl clonazepam will finally dissolve. How much dmso at a minimum you'll need is hard to say, that's why I suggest starting with a small sample of the PG/methyl-clonazepam solution so that you can systematically add dmso until you find what works.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply. I have no idea what DMSO is but i'll look into it. I'm not really hyped to try methyl-clonazepam and I only have 100mg left, so I probably wont be buying DMSO anyhthing soon if it's expensive, but i'll look.

From what i've read the compound isn't really potent so I could try just weighing <5 mg out and eyeballing or so. But it's long ago i've read about it so I. might be wrong.

Regarding Bromazolam; I've dissolved it in 50/50 PG/water before. I made a nasal spray of 0,5mg per spray (mg per ml I don't know) and another solution of 2,5mg/ml I think with 100% pg. It takes ages and alot of heath to dissolve, but it dissolved eventually.

DMF is dimethylformamide, it's NOT SAFE to consume, it's quite toxic and can damage your liver.

DMSO on the other hand is a pretty safe solvent. It also melts at 19°C so it's normal for it to be a solid at "room temperature", just heat it up before use. Don't worry it won't evaporate, it has a very high boiling point (~190°C), this also means you won't be able to easily recover the drug once it has been dissolved.

Oh yea Bromazolam will dissolve in PG like you said, just a pain. Much easier with DMSO and DMSO isn't too hard to find and isn't crazy expensive or anything so I try to let people know it might be a better option for them. DMSO looks pretty similar to PG to the naked eye, it's just another clear liquid but it happens to be pretty good at dissolving all sorts of things that sometimes won't go into more common solvents like water, ethanol, pg. So sometimes DMSO might be the only reasonable option since there are usually other solvents out there that would work except for the fact they may be safe to consume.

DMF is dimethylformamide, it's NOT SAFE to consume, it's quite toxic and can damage your liver.

DMSO on the other hand is a pretty safe solvent. It also melts at 19°C so it's normal for it to be a solid at "room temperature", just heat it up before use. Don't worry it won't evaporate, it has a very high boiling point (~190°C), this also means you won't be able to easily recover the drug once it has been dissolved.

Thank you for that. I am going to go back to my post where I listed what methyl clonazepam was soluble in and I'll make note of that.

Thank you for that. I am going to go back to my post where I listed what methyl clonazepam was soluble in and I'll make note of that.

That's why I'm here !
Just to clarify. You would probably be (mostly) fine if you used DMF sparingly and took low doses, but I see it as a very unnecessary risk considering there are way safer solvents out there. It's also classified as a "possible carcinogen" (group 2B) as there seems to be a link to an increased risk of testicular cancer as well as liver cancer (mostly with high doses, but still, when in doubt...).

DMSO is much better, just make sure it's not contaminated with nasty stuff (don't get the industrial grade). And it would still be a good idea to try and take as little as possible if you're using it on a regular basis (just to be extra safe).
You can make a concentrated "stock" solution in DMSO, take out the desired amount and dilute it before use.