• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Methoxetamine from vendor analysed and unknown compound present. What to do?

Mindtraveller87

Bluelighter
Recently my dog purchased some MXE from an online RC vendor. This was tested in a dutch testing centre with GC-MS probably and analysis illustrated: main component MXE, but unknown compound present.
Their customer service wasn't of any help and just advised to order another compound next time.
What would you do? I am in doubt because at the one hand it might be toxic and therefore not suited for responsible research and at the other hand would a vendorsell a toxic component without any info on the web about it. Seems very unlikely.

What do you guys think? Anyone had an similar experience with MXE contamination?

Last edited:
Absolutely no vendor discussion allowed!!

This includes the dn. Keep the specifics to the vendors feed back page. Bluelight is not the place for it.

Thaaaaanks :)

If the only information they provide is that it is an "unknown compound", that is not very helpful at all. Such information raises more questions than it answers. Your mystery substance could be anything from sugar to strychnine. I guess you can safely rule out total non-volatile cuts like table salt and baking soda too, if the GCMS detected an impurity it must be volatile to move though the GC and ionizable in vacuo to be detected by the MS.

A GCMS test should produce a mass spectrum for every compound that separates out along the gas chromatograph's column. These are the "fingerprints" of the molecules - normally the GCNMS software will automatically match the spectra against a database of common compounds, but the spectra alone provide clues to the identity of the compound. You should have been given one for every unknown compound, as even compounds with spectra that do not match library entries can eventually be determined. Ecstacydata actually provides mass spectra for "unknown" compounds they identify in drugs - they look like this: [link].

There was an old DEA Microgram article that said that some MXE has a certain production impurity caused by structural rearrangement of MXE's immediate precursor. Discussion here on BL as well. If I was a betting man that's what I'd suspect.