• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Methoxetamine - extreme panic attack? or something else?

idontdothizz

Bluelighter
I have had this happen before but last night was the worst.
During my awesome hole, i started feeling uncomfortable buzzing in my hands and face.
So, I got up and went to the bathroom and it started getting worse, I took some deep breaths and then BAM.
My whole body started buzzing, I had a very irregular heartbeat, the buzzing was so bad my hands were clenching, I could not breath. My veins were constricted. It felt like my heart was going to stop.
I turned on the bath and got in it. No help. It was so bad that it felt like my eyes were about to pop out from behind my head. I struggled to tell my girlfriend to call 911. Instead she went downstairs and woke up her mom because she is a medical professional.
As she was downstairs the symptoms peaked. I repented because thought for sure it was the end.
As soon as her mom walked into the bathroom and said "okay, what did you take"
It all stopped. Gone. Nothing. Embarrassment.
I posted another thread earlier about 6apb/vasoconstriction. People said it might be anxiety. Well now it makes sense I think that I just have pretty bad anxiety and am more prone to panic attacks.
OR, I have a problem with my heart. Clogged artery comes to mind. Last night I vowed to never tough the shit again but I have some 4-HO-MET on the way, along with 50 etizolam pellets.

Please give me your thoughts.

that sounds pretty terrible. One time on MXE I thought that it was interacting with an antibiotic I had recently taken and I thought I was dying as well. My heart was beating really fast and I accepted the fact I was dying and that by the end of the night I would be dead.

but then something made me laugh in the face of death and I ended up having a really great night after that.

make sure you drink lots of water on this drug, especially if your smoking lots of weed on it because that dries you out even more.

Strange symptoms there man, I bet lots of people are scratching their heads.

I can't help, I don't think, but the way the symptoms just disapeared instantaneously with the arrival of an authority figure does kinda suggest some sorta emotional or psychological source. Methoxetamine could easily be that source. The effects you describe also sound vaguely like a mild fit, so on the mere off chance, I'd go easy on all & any psychoactives, if I were you, for awhile.

Don't get paranoid though, it's all guess work! :)

Sorry to thread necro but I came across this thread through a google search. The same exact thing happened to me last night, I hadn't slept much in the past 2 days and decided to take a hole dose anyway. I took 95 mg methoxetamine followed by a 44mg redose after I exited the hole. That dosage put me back into the hole state and everything was fine until I was coming down and trying to relax. I could not sleep and when I would lie still my body would get this strobing vibration effect that would increase in intensity until I moved, this effect started to get to me and my anxiety level was shooting through the roof. This kick started the open eye hallucinations involving the shadows in my room, I was convinced I had made myself have a psychotic episode from holing 2 nights in a row with little sleep. I have some degree of anxiety generally and drugs sometimes send me into a panic in the right circumstances. Little sleep combined with a large amount of methoxetamine certainly set me over the edge last night into a full blown panic attack. The panic coupled with being extremely out if it from the methoxetamine certainly made it feel like I would die. Since I have had panic attacks brought on by drugs before I decided to ride it out and focus on taking slow deep breaths and eventually managed to sleep.

To answer your question I believe your symptoms were definitely caused by a combination of methoxetamine and anxiety manifesting itself into a full blown panic attack. Just having someone there tends to ease the anxiety of possibly dying and helps relieve the symptoms. I have had prior panic reactions on occasion and having a reassuring presence that will be there to help you just incase shit really hits the fan relieved my panic symptoms. Sorry you had to go through that, I know first hand how terrifying that sort of ordeal is!

Dude I have been trying to fucking warn you guys about this shit for months now. Seriously.
Cut it out, it's fucking up our kidneys doing these MXE overdoses.
Please listen to me!

Same exact shit has happened to me a good 5-6 times. I had to quit. then it happened to me on bath salts too.
Now I have kidney problems and random anxiety fits when I'm not even upset about anything.
Feels like my heart just starts pouning crazy for no reason and my limbs get all jello-y.
Feels likeI start to die and scares the shit out of me.
See thread "EWO is out of the game" Where doctors blood test me.

you guys keep having MXE overdoses (not just the panick attack bad trips) and you gonna be sorry. Lighten up on that stuff a bit.

My whole body started buzzing, I had a very irregular heartbeat, the buzzing was so bad my hands were clenching, I could not breath. My veins were constricted. It felt like my heart was going to stop.
I turned on the bath and got in it. No help. It was so bad that it felt like my eyes were about to pop out from behind my head.

Yes this is it exactly. Too much of this and you're gonna have problems like me.
Please, learn control. Slow down. Put the MXE away for a long while.
you have to draw a line there. This is not a normal panic. Your body threw that fit from the drugs.

you keep doing that and after a while you'll start having those I'm gonna die fits (that really feel like you're gonna die) at random when you aren't even high weeks after taking the drugs.
they will have to prescribe you anxiety pills because they don't know what else to call it.

I'm trying to save you lots of trouble ad medical bills..

Last edited:
Strange symptoms there man, I bet lots of people are scratching their heads.

I can't help, I don't think, but the way the symptoms just disapeared instantaneously with the arrival of an authority figure does kinda suggest some sorta emotional or psychological source. Methoxetamine could easily be that source. The effects you describe also sound vaguely like a mild fit, so on the mere off chance, I'd go easy on all & any psychoactives, if I were you, for awhile.

Don't get paranoid though, it's all guess work! :)

yeah it makes sense. if it was mainly mxe fuelled anxiety, it makes sense that the mere presence of a medical professional would stop that, as such presence would give you enough confidence and would make you feel protected enough as to low down the levels of anxiety that produced the panic attack

Lol explain that to the kidney damage.
Keep it up, watch what happens..

OR, I have a problem with my heart. Clogged artery comes to mind

That's exactly what I thought too.
It's your Kidney, dude.

Here it is on paper from a doctor.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/643239-EWO-s-out-of-the-game

Feeling like you're gonna die with your eyeballs bugging out of your head and anxiety are two VERY different things. you wouldn't have either without having taken any drugs..
and none of the above are "ego death" or "bad trip" related.

you'll notice if you look up symptoms for anxiety..
none of them say "Feeling like death is pulling you from this world".

If you create these MXE panick/overdose scenarios too many times, they will begin to happen on their own at random when you aren't high. It's actually kinda serious..
Keep doing it and they end up getting bad enough to where he WILL go to the hospital and likely have the same thing happening to him as me.

Last edited:
Lol explain that to the kidney damage.
Keep it up, watch what happens..

That's exactly what I thought too.
It's your Kidney, dude.

Here it is on paper from a doctor.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/643239-EWO-s-out-of-the-game

Feeling like you're gonna die with your eyeballs bugging out of your head and anxiety are two VERY different things. you wouldn't have either without having taken any drugs..
and none of the above are "ego death" or "bad trip" related.

you'll notice if you look up symptoms for anxiety..
none of them say "Feeling like death is pulling you from this world".

If you create these MXE panick/overdose scenarios too many times, they will begin to happen on their own at random when you aren't high. It's actually kinda serious..
Keep doing it and they end up getting bad enough to where he WILL go to the hospital and likely have the same thing happening to him as me.

lol if it was me I wouldn't go to any hospital. What can they do to help you? There are natural stuff like weed that can help with anxiety. Screw Xanax...turns you into a zombie. But this drug sounds serious as hell. I'd be scared to do this shit anyway. I hate tripping now. Had a massive OD on shrooms too back in the day that made me hate it ever since.

If I hit hole-level territory with MXE and I am up and not laying down with my eyes closed, I experience similar symptoms as you described, no vasoconstriction but the most overwhelming buzz and feelings of falling through the floor. I start getting a cold sweat, anxiety, and feeling like I need to throw up. If I lay down and close my eyes these symptoms disappear and I feel amazing, though I can't get back up until it calms down.

And to the above poster... weed on a strong MXE trip will not help with anxiety, it will make the experience MUCH more intense. Weed in general causes anxiety even by itself for a lot of people. If I'm feeling anxious, weed will make me more anxious, usually. Sometimes not.

I have had this happen before but last night was the worst.
During my awesome hole, i started feeling uncomfortable buzzing in my hands and face.
So, I got up and went to the bathroom and it started getting worse, I took some deep breaths and then BAM.
Please give me your thoughts.

Sounds like when I mixed MXE with weed.