View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Methoxetamine after 5HTP post-load?

Achten

Bluelighter
Saturday I took 25mg aMT and 8mg 4HOMET and had a wonderful time in a club. Sunday I started taking 5HTP. It is now wednesday and will stop taking 5HTP. (Feel free to add what you think about this "postload".) There were other things like Bvitamins etc included too. (I tend to regard any empathogen as MDMA, hence the postloading after aMT).

When can I take methoxetamine again,since SERT is affected?

5-HTP has a half-life ranging from ~2-7 hours. This postloading seems overcautious after 25 mg aMT but if used properly it probably can't hurt. There isn't even much evidence that it helps with MDMA and a small blind survey conducted by a HR group I was part of showed no real subjective benefit.
What is interesting though with MDMA is that there are signs that it can attenuate neurotoxicity related to serotonin depletion, but while aMT does a lot of releasing and reuptake inhibiting it is a pretty different animal with regard to neurotoxicity, so IMO not all that appropriate.

Unless you are injecting a peptide you are wasting your money. No ammibo acid works oral. Sub q maybe.

5-HTP has a half-life ranging from ~2-7 hours. This postloading seems overcautious after 25 mg aMT but if used properly it probably can't hurt. There isn't even much evidence that it helps with MDMA and a small blind survey conducted by a HR group I was part of showed no real subjective benefit.
What is interesting though with MDMA is that there are signs that it can attenuate neurotoxicity related to serotonin depletion, but while aMT does a lot of releasing and reuptake inhibiting it is a pretty different animal with regard to neurotoxicity, so IMO not all that appropriate.

Yeah I know about aMT not being as heavy as MDMA is, but i'd rather be safe than sorry. It's the first time I actually postload with anything (except noopept and multivitamin, but I cycle them regardless of using a psychedelic).
I haven't felt a crash and since it has been 6 days I doubt it'll still have to come. I always feel an afterglow after a trip like this, but maybe it's more pronounced this time? Especially since I had slept only 2 hours after the trip (and only 5 the next night). Anyway this is very subjective,I'm very aware of that.

Maybe I should add, there's also 10mg of "St johns wort extract" in the pills. I checked and this has a pretty long (15-60hrs) halflife. Would waiting a week before taking anything else be safe enough?

Thanks for your time !

Unless you are injecting a peptide you are wasting your money. No ammibo acid works oral. Sub q maybe.

It crosses the BBB rather easily, that is not the limiting step in why it doesn't tend to be all that effective especially without dopa but that is potentially dangerous.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9727088

Maybe not overgeneralize.

@Achten: dude please don't take St. John's wort casually or by accident although I am too lazy to check whether that dosage is all that significant and yes I would give taking anything else now causing interactions a wide berth... Conscious use of the potent psychoactives is very good though :) I thought afterglow was thought to be a result of downregulation of something like that but yes might be amplified if you recover SE more quickly again.
IMO it really depends on what you are using and how frequently. You might consider temporarily lowered serotonin levels a bad thing but within reason you might just not, you might instead avoid quick changes in your levels... perhaps there's something to that as well. It's fine to react but not to overreact. In this case it seems fine to me either way, but I'd probably focus more on different sides to keeping use responsible. You were already doing that I guess.

I am not used to downplaying HR it feels weird

I have never crashed from aMT but I also don't take high dosages of it. I still have some it might be a nice idea sometime... :D

Last edited: