• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Methods of doing benzos(xanax, klonapin, and ativan) and time it takes to hit?

nancy145

Bluelighter
What are all of the methods of doing Xanax, klonapin, and ativan and how long do they each take to kick in? I know all the normal ones like normal oral as a pill, crushed oral, snorting, plugging, everything that works for all pills but how long do they take to hit and are there any methods of doing it that you can't always do for pills? Like smoking and IV. Thanks

Doing benzos another ROA than oral is pointless, with oral they have more than 90% of BA. Xanax kick's in 20 - 30 min, Ativan in 15 - 20 min, Klonopin 1,5 - 2 h. for me.

Crushing to a powder and holding powder under tounge is what I do with all of them...Anything else besides that or just swallowing the pill is POINTLESS. Well, not pointless, but VERY wasteful. I had a friend who would snort klonopin, but the only reason they did was because if they ate it it would make them sleepy, if they snorted it, it would mildly chill them out..I woulda just split it in half but they said even splittling it in half and taking it orally made them sleepy, so obviously snorting is kinda wasteful....

Edit: This just reminded me of when I was 13/14 and tried smoking Valium,lol. I had made a tinfoil pipe with a pen like ya would with weed with and put 3 10mg valium iin the pipe and tryed to smoke them...needless to say it didn't work...

I was curious just like you, I found sublingual is the best extra best way to go hold it under your tongue and it melts slowly takes like 10-15 minutes and than at minute 20-30 it's like a fast rush of benzo hitting you , I do that with Valium because the half life is 200 hours I try to have it hit me quick