• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Method of drying out wet/waxy 2cb powder?

outplayprizesnivel

Greenlighter
New user here and got some 2cb-hcl powder that is wet/waxy. Clumps up and is sticky which is kinda annoying to weight. Obviously i could do volumetric dosing but i like putting dry powder into capsules. Was wondering if there's a method of drying it out to get a nonsticky powder?
IMG-0342.jpg

If its moisture or residual solvent you can probably dry it out by warming it up and either using a vacuum or a dessicant like damp-rid (calcium chloride).

However if its rxn by product, your best chance is to perform a freezing anhydrous acetone wash. It's easier than it sounds.

Get some acetone, and put in some sort of anhydrous sulfate salt (baked epsom salts work) let it sit in freezer overnight. Crush the 2cb as best as possible and place in coffee filter, filter out the dessicant and run the acetone over the 2cb powder. This will remove a lot of garbage.. you could further purify by dissolving the powder in boiling anhydrous isopropyl and either stick in freezer or let it very slowly cool and evaporate.

I'm guessing based off of color that you have the hydrobromide salt. If you purify it enough it will be snow white.

Ive always wondered how Acetone washes the garbage off the drug, but doesnt also get rid of the wanted compound at the sametime?

Im sorry if this is a basic question @Didgital but ive just always been curious. There has been some compounds ive wanted to clean up over the years and just was always nervous cuz i really dont know much about it.

Is 2C-B not soluble in acetone but most other things are. Ive also wondered the similar thing about micron filters. How could they only choose the feel good drug and know to get rid of the rest. Are some other cuts/agents getting through in washes and filters but just not as muc?

If its moisture or residual solvent you can probably dry it out by warming it up and either using a vacuum or a dessicant like damp-rid (calcium chloride).

However if its rxn by product, your best chance is to perform a freezing anhydrous acetone wash. It's easier than it sounds.

Get some acetone, and put in some sort of anhydrous sulfate salt (baked epsom salts work) let it sit in freezer overnight. Crush the 2cb as best as possible and place in coffee filter, filter out the dessicant and run the acetone over the 2cb powder. This will remove a lot of garbage.. you could further purify by dissolving the powder in boiling anhydrous isopropyl and either stick in freezer or let it very slowly cool and evaporate.

I'm guessing based off of color that you have the hydrobromide salt. If you purify it enough it will be snow white.
I don't have access to a laboratory or specialized equipment, and my resources are limited to basic household items. I do have a dehydrator, but I'm not sure if it's an effective way to dry 2C-B. Are there any viable options for achieving dryness with household items? I was thinking of using silica gel packets, rice, or baking soda because they are known to be effective at removing water, but I'm not a chemist so I'm not sure if they're appropriate for this purpose.

Do what Digital says, you’ll thank him latter.
You surely can get acetone and epsom salt, that are household items.
If you purify it properly it’s very likely that you’ll feel less bodyload than with, in fact, unfinished product you have

Is 2C-B not soluble in acetone but most other things are. Ive also wondered the similar thing about micron filters. How could they only choose the feel good drug and know to get rid of the rest. Are some other cuts/agents getting through in washes and filters but just not as muc?
Many things are not soluble in acetone. And if you consider only substances that are very soluble in acetone and toss in temperature variations you could probably (just as incorrectly) say most things aren’t soluble in acetone.

Micron filter just filter out insoluble stuff. They don’t purify solution so only active stuff passes trough. Filters that let trough just certain molecules or stop just certain molecules aren’t one you’ll get for syringes.