• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methocarbamol 500mg

"does what it says on the tin" - it relaxes skeletal muscles.

Nothing in the way of euphoria, memory suppression, etc. and is non-dependence-forming.

A friend of mine gets crazy lucid dreams on higher doses of methocarbamol.

I wouldn't say zero recreational value. Makes you feel like a lump of jello.

Come on guys, saying that this drug has zero recreational value at all is simply incorrect. This drug has a very high recreational value, regardless of what you may think. For example, if I have been up with insomnia and can't sleep no matter what I do, if I take a couple of these pills (500mg Methocarbamol each, up to 5-7 grams total) I become so tired that I can't keep my eyes open. I know this drug isn't technically classified as a sedative but it sure as hell causes sedating effects. I've been taking this for over a year to help me get to sleep when I can't. Another very interesting effect that this drug produces is Intense Lucid Dreaming. When I take this drug and fall asleep, I have complete control of my dreams, I'm 100% aware that I'm in a dream, and can do and go anywhere in the dream with full control. I've never experienced this with anything else, but let's say I am running very fast in my dream, my breathing rate and heart rate will increase while sleeping as if I am actually running in real life. I get physical effects from dreams.

Also, as someone who suffers from daily social anxiety, this drug tends to dramatically reduce my anxiety rates when in public, talking to people. It's really fantastic to be honest. I really couldn't believe some of the threads and trip reports I've read on this drug, claiming it doesn't work. It's simply inaccurate. This drug is highly potent and effective in many different ways and you should always test it yourself before coming to a conclusion.

I agree its the most benign of the skeletal muscle relaxant class (at least in my experience). I was taking 3-4 grams at a time and feeling absolutely nothing. This may just be specific to me. It is true that generally cyclobenzaprine, and tizanidine have more effects at least in terms of causing drowsiness.

Our minds is what makes up what is recreational and what is not. When I was in prison, medicines like Wellbutrin, remeron, clonidine , and even lamictal were used recreationally widespread in inmate population. Drugs that I wouldn't touch if you paid me to touch them
However in jail, I did become dependent by placebo sniffing Wellbutrin, knowing it has cathinone properties and imagined in my head perhaps it being related to a strong cathinone made all the difference lol
Even lamictal brightened up my mood when taken as prescribed, you tend to become more sensitive mentally when incarcerated. Perhaps people in society have huge drug obsessions and quirks where they may find a medicine like acetaminophen recreational knowing that it's fighting pain because the label has a picture of a broken arm being healed by a strike of lightening lol