• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methiopropamine for depression ?

Kishka

Bluelighter
Hello,

Do you think Methiopropamine (MPA) can be used to treat depression ?

I use MPA almost twice or 3x per week at doses like 15mg.

I noticed a great mood lift and make my anxiety-free with no side effects whatsoever and no comedown with this compound.

Can this compound have some benefits to relief depression?

Is it a good idea to do it ?

What's your opinion about this ?

Thank you guys <3

Could low doses of this compound theoretically be used as an adjuvant to conventional antidepressant therapy in a medicinal setting / under supervision of a doctor? Yes.
Is it a good idea to try to self-medicate with a compound with significant abuse potential? No.

If you feel low doses of MPA (a compound which releases more noradrenaline than dopamine) are helpful, you might ask your doctor for Wellbutrin though, which also increases levels of noradrenaline and to a lesser extent dopamine, and has little to no abuse potential.

Wise idea, I'm not addicted to MPA tho, I just use it at very low dose, i noticed no side effects! Excellent mood lift and better appreciation in life :)

I almost cut down my Benzodiazepine use by half

Last edited:
taking methiopropamine is basically equivalent to taking methamphetamine... so no it's not a good antidepressant

You can always count on sekio to lay down the harsh truth, lol.

I also like MPA in these low doses (generally not an upper fan) but I'd advise against any stimulants if someone is really depressed.
Of course its a nice mood lift booster and feels more benign than other RC-uppers but it has downsides too.
A guy I know from a german forum is pretty addicted and non-functional without it in his daily routines...

Hum, thanks letting me know this information... Yeah this stim really feel benign, that's why I try to use it not often. What's the downside of using MPA ?

Hum, thanks letting me know this information... Yeah this stim really feel benign, that's why I try to use it not often. What's the downside of using MPA ?

Pretty much the same downsides as with Speed/Meth.

MPA is an analogue of Methamphetamine in which the Phenyl ring has been replaced by a Thiophene, meaning it is technically not an amphetamine while producing very similar effects, the same way that Etizolam is technically not a benzodiazepine.

MPA is generally weaker and less selective for dopamine over noradrenaline and thus less addictive than methamphetamine, but that's like saying that Cholera is less harmful than Ebola.

In my view MPA is not remotely on par with good street amphetamine (mainly due to unfavorable effects/side effects ratio). So it should be also worlds apart from Meth regarding psychological gravity. At the same time it could be equally neuro/cardiotoxic as meth. But at doses as low as 15 mg (you shure, your scale is working? don't lie to yourself) it should not be that damaging. If you can stay at that dosing regimen (which is unlikely) it should not burn you out in a short time period.

Yes I really dose very small line (5 - 15mg max) my scale is very expensive and accurate.

Actually a gram of Methiopropamine last 2 - 3 months for me :)

Hmmkay. To me it sounds as if you are more attached to the process of snorting crystals/powder than to the substance. Perhaps you should hire a trusted person to give you a placebo (lactose powder laced with chili to imitate the chemical burn) 2 of 3 times. I would be curious about the outcome.

I have felt 5-15mg intranasally of MPA with low tolerance, but when I had it, Id end up dropping 60-70 mg. in a capsule which just gave me a good bit of energy and motivzation as tolerance is quick and mighty whit this one.10 or 15 was mostly like moreish feeling. Then again, insufflated seemed like it had higher b/a but I mostly bombed it/capsulized it. Also, there was a long term user who frewuented BL(maybe still does) who claimed to be using 15 mg doses a few times a week. Also, I dont kno how anyone can take it without benzos or something, the adrenergic peripheral effects on me were horrible unless I used pyrazolam, which came to be the only way Id ingest it. Kishka, I envy ur neurochemistry, it seems way, way less addiction prone than mine. As far as tour question, direct cns stimulants done tend to make the best antideps. However, If youre able to keep your use inrequent and avoid rebound anxiety,lethargy,tolerance,etc., I suppose it could work for you.

Last edited:
I snorted 15mg today again after a week of abstinence. I still feel confident about myself, clear thinking, writing a lot and feel really good and uplifted. Slight increase in heart rate as usual but nothing dangerous.

It mix well with Pyrazolam too :)

Have a nice day !

Yes I really dose very small line (5 - 15mg max) my scale is very expensive and accurate.

Actually a gram of Methiopropamine last 2 - 3 months for me :)

Wow, in last two weeks I have snorted at least 5-7g. I condemn the day I started using this terrible RC. Really no recreational use for me, but helped me to get through a very hard 2 weeks at work. Yesterday was the first day without it and I felt so weak, also lost 5kg.

taking methiopropamine is basically equivalent to taking methamphetamine... so no it's not a good antidepressant

It isn't at all like methamphetamine. That's as ridiculous as saying taking sudafed is equivalent to methamphetamine.

MPA - depression, anxiety, long term, feedback - user of MPA for 2yrs

I will try to keep this as short as I can. I'm not one of these people who has done a lot of drugs in my time but Ecstacy (yrs ago before adulterated E's came out), LSD, Hash and Speed are my lot. I am over 30 and over weight.

Having a high pressure physical job in the hospitality sector, I needed to find something legal that would pep me up & keep me focused, apart from pro-plus, I didn't know what to use. Did some research and found MPA. Bought some, took a really low amount - 15mg & boom! Wide awake, could see, hear and focus better than ever. No real side effects, apart from lying awake for hours, felt awake in the morning so, wasn't too bothered.
Suffering and being medicated for anxiety, I continue my research just to be sure.
I would go for days or weeks without taking any. Then I would take it for 2/3 days, this continued and 6 months down the line, I'm taking an increased amount to get the same hit I had when I started. No major issues, sleep after taking it was always going to be a problem but I felt good, positive, focussed and stronger in my mind. Coffee gave me heart flutters & palpitations-symptoms I suffered on a grand scale before taking anxiety meds. 2yrs on and I'm still taking it but starting to see some unwelcome effects-headaches,lethargy when I miss a few days-my body is on catch-up mode, if I take too much-I can become irritated too easily and feel as if the anxiety is creeping back in., dizziness and lack of concentration is a regular occurrence. When I'm on it-I'm fine, when it wears off,I notice it, when I've not taken any for a few days, I want take some but know I shouldn't and often take a little just to shake how tired & flat I feel. I am now on half a capsule worth now- I can go through 2 grams a month. Not much for some people but long term, I am noticing the effects. It is mainly excreted through the urine/kidneys. Back pain is common while the kidneys work harder and frequent urination is par for the course. Dry mouth means drinking to quench a bad thirst, sweating and shaking too. Not unpleasant to be honest, too happy at the time, much more content, socially friendly and talkative while using it. It enhances my personality but as with all chems, be careful as we can't see the real effects inside our bodies. Will I stop taking it? Very likely however, not at this point in time. I tried it with MDAi and didn't like it- my anxiety meds played havoc with my serotonin levels and I spent all night with leg jerks & pains, palpitations and a sense of feeling like I was going to have a heart attack- be very careful. You can die from over stimulation of seretonin levels. For me, it's safe if dosage is controlled. I don't take more than 40mg and never re-dose. Mixing it with alcohol worsens the hangover but makes you drink more at the time.

Just remember, everyone is different, everyone has varying tolerances- don't jump in with both feet!