• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methcathinone

asecin

Bluelighter
wtf is that
i just read on some journal about it and then i checked a lot of info on wikipedia but it seems to unknown and strange to me.
anyone ever heard, or used this substance ??
seems like its related to meth in some ways, but not really
still , pretty exciting to try it eh ?

it seems to be relatively easy to make by oxidizing ephedrine. i dunno how true that is.

Oxidizing from ephedrine? Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's easily done. I used to be a part of a chemistry forum where people discussed that synthesis all the time, but I wouldn't try it unless you actually know your shit.

Ever heard of khat? That's got cathinone in it. Arabs like to chew it a lot, in Oz if it's part of your 'cultural heritage' then you can import a certain quantity of fresh leaves. Think of cathinone as amphetamine to metcat's methamphetamine. Except that they aren't as strong as the amphetamines from what I've read.

Its a sloppy stimulant that seems to have stupefying effects. Not worth my time. It seems to be as stimulating as amphetamines, but not nearly as fun.

Some people seem to like it though.

^ Strange...I wonder why that is? Looking at the pharmacology, I'd expect it to be similar to cocaine and meth mixed together.

That is, since it stimulates the CNS like an amphetamine as you said, and it's also a dopamine reuptake inhibitor like coke.

Jamshyd said:
Its a sloppy stimulant that seems to have stupefying effects. Not worth my time. It seems to be as stimulating as amphetamines, but not nearly as fun.

Some people seem to like it though.

Man, I fucking love it, better than amphetamine, by far. At least if you're looking for a party drug that makes you chatty without taking a ton. I don't get chatty or happy below 50mg of amp, and that rockets my heart rate and blood pressure up, but methcathinone gets me chatty at a lower dose, when equalized.

Most of the old neo range had 4-methylmethcathinone in them...

I'm sure there were a lot of people who had it without knowing what it was :)

huh, I wonder how the beta-keto-4,N,a-trimethyl-phenethylamine feels.

that's a lot of methyls spread over that little molecule.