• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Methamphetamine

Deadmaucinco

Greenlighter
Out of love for my pets… Can second hand crystal smoke harm animals or make them act strange in any way? Just from being in the same room, I’m not doing anything intentional.

I think only if your're forcing your pets to take shotguns....

This question can get pretty emotional depending on how much people hate tweakers and love animals.

I would always put by dog out of the room but she cried and barked so much it was hard to enjoy getting high. When I allowed her in the room she would sit in a corner away from me while I smoked. It’s like she knew the stuff was toxic.

But I never saw any change in her behaviour or anything that suggested she was affected by any second hand smoke.

I'm thinking any exposure to toxins from the smoke is minimal at most, unless you're blowing it directly at them.

Last edited:
Everything depends on your dog's weight, room size, air circulation, frequency of use, etc.. But im gonna say yes, the vapor can affect your pets if you live in like, a studio apartment.
Anyone who's seen a dog catch a contact high knows it can be pretty distressing to watch.
If you have animals, best to choose a different ROA while around them for their sake.

Wouldn't really get a contact high unless you were intentionally trying to like shotgunning or whatever.
The meth vapor from each toke isn't really the main concern but would definitely make it easier to get to your pet if he/she is in there with you. Remember, meth vapor doesn't dissipate into nothing and has to settle just like any other smoke or vapor Even if you were to do it alone and wait till you're done you're still inadvertently putting it into your pet or anyone else's system that goes in there and touches things. Just like nicotine from cigarettes sticking to walls, the vapor from meth sticks to everything as well. Be conscious of this and have a well ventilated place when you smoke it and where no other people or pets really would go. People who don't use can enter a room where someone has smoked and touch objects in there, then get it in their system. Meth itself is caustic, then along with all the other unknown chemicals its no good to smoke in an environment where others will be, including pets.
I wasn't able to find any definitive proof if this causes adverse effects on them but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Wouldn't really get a contact high unless you were intentionally trying to like shotgunning or whatever.
The meth vapor from each toke isn't really the main concern but would definitely make it easier to get to your pet if he/she is in there with you. Remember, meth vapor doesn't dissipate into nothing and has to settle just like any other smoke or vapor Even if you were to do it alone and wait till you're done you're still inadvertently putting it into your pet or anyone else's system that goes in there and touches things. Just like nicotine from cigarettes sticking to walls, the vapor from meth sticks to everything as well. Be conscious of this and have a well ventilated place when you smoke it and where no other people or pets really would go. People who don't use can enter a room where someone has smoked and touch objects in there, then get it in their system. Meth itself is caustic, then along with all the other unknown chemicals its no good to smoke in an environment where others will be, including pets.
I wasn't able to find any definitive proof if this causes adverse effects on them but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

It is? I thought that was just propaganda... I thought meth itself was pretty safe in small amounts since its approved for medical use in kids as young as 6. Obviously if some of the precursors are left in the final product thats a different matter.

I’m gonna say, as a pretty heavy user myself, the smoke (if you smoke enough.) Could hypothetically collect on surfaces, I’d just be inclined to believe a Dog wouldn’t fuckin luck that nasty tasting shit though.

This question can get pretty emotional depending on how much people hate tweakers and love animals.

I would always put by dog out of the room but she cried and barked so much it was hard to enjoy getting high. When I allowed her in the room she would sit in a corner away from me while I smoked. It’s like she knew the stuff was toxic.

But I never saw any change in her behaviour or anything that suggested she was affected by any second hand smoke.
It does, so thank you to everyone for being understanding and serious! I haven’t seen her go looking for anything, and I’ve just started putting them in a different room (which is even hard for me to do having my love for kitties), When I have a sesh. Thanks, people!