• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Methamphetamine

I may be posting this in the wrong place. Still very new to how blulight works as far as threads and overall discussions are concerned. That said; i have looked through the forums in search of answers many, many times and usually find what i am looking for. However, no matter how hard i look it seems as though there is no discussion on something i am VERY curious about (although, i could potentially ve overlooking it.). Anyway, about 3 months ago some guy tried methamphetamine for the first time. He got it off a very relable, trustworthy source so he knows, without a doubt, that it is what said person said it was. The guy who got the meth was going through substantial opioid withdrawal, and had actually assumed it would make him feel much, much worse. Nevertheless, he loaded it, vaporized it, and experienced a euphoric sensation that completely took away his opioid withdrawals. He continued to use, binging on the substance for well over a week. The moment he took his last hit he became very afraid that the comedown would come along with a viscious opioid withdrawal. He is the type og person that can sleep on anything and as he reached his plateau he conked out, and HARD i might add. Anyway, he was quite elated to find that when he awoke he had no physical withdrawal symptoms from tge opioids that he had battled addiction with going on ten years. Not only that, but he thinks that maybe the chemicals that naturally occur in his brain are low or, at the very least, a bit outta wack because he had been told by the supplier that the mental withdrawal off of meth could and, if going on a binge, would be not only inescapable but horrific. Especially because this guys anxiety has always been through the roof. However, he found that he had no problem quitting the meth, (did so for over a month abd when he eventually picked it back up binged for a substantial amount of time and found the result to be the same.), maintaining healthy relationships with loved ones, and really felt little to no irregularity as far as emotions and proper mental and physical health are concerned. The one thing he noticed was he felt a bit "off" describing it to me as this: "i felt a bit slow and, perhaps, a little less happy (overall) and motivated. I guess the reason for the post is really as simple as asking: A.) Is there anybody with similar experiences who can enlighten me on why this may have worked so well for him, B.) Is there some chemistry within the brain that was maybe already off that just happened to cause him to feel normal when others seem to become much more quick to anger and much, much less motivated.
Side note: (not nearly as important as far as answers are concerned but just an observation.) A few years heavy into his opioid abuse this mans libido went completely away. The first day he used methamphetamine was the first day, in a few years, that he mot only kept an erection but also was anle to climax. He literally had had no sex drive before methamphetamine usage. Any answers and thoughts will be met with respect abd kindness! Thanks, in short, for taking the time to read and reply to this. Also, i apologize in advance should this already be a topic of discussion. i would love links to the thread in that case! Thanks again!
--slyflewoverthecuckoosnest

Hey Slyflewoverthecuckoosnest, welcome to Bluelight.

I think you may get more responses in future if you break your text up with paragraphs - it's very challenging to read a wall of text like that :)

Regarding using meth to withdraw from opiates, yes, that's not totally uncommon, and many have reported similar experiences using stimulants in the past. Obviously there's a risk of switching from one addiction to the other, but regardless, the stims do seem to alleviate many of the worst w/d symptoms.

Everything you described is normal. Many people use meth to avoid opiate withdrawals but the risks are serious.

Meth is a VERY deceiving drug and has tricked many people into addiction because they thought it was "safe" to use. People often let there guard down during the honeymoon phase of use because meth seems like a perfect drug. It's cheap, strong, the effects are unparalleled, and its seems managable at first. But everything will change.

People often say meth is evil or that its "the devils" drug. That's not as metaphoric as you might think. Anyone who uses long enough will see the true nature of meth and I promise you that it is far more powerful than you could possibly understand, and yes it is fucking evil.

Reactions: CFC