• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine Withdrawal Management

blues runner

Bluelighter
Hi.

It's been a very long time since I've posted anything. I'm doing so now because I would appreciate your suggestions for how to best handle the abrupt change I think I'm going to be facing within four days.

I live on the west coast in the US, and in four days I'll be flying to Europe to stay for about a month. I am quite anxious about this, because I have been doing meth basically every day for about two and a half months (probably about a gram per week, maybe a bit more). This recent time has been my only regular use of meth; I used opiates and did many other drugs for twenty years off and on, but I'd only done stimulants sparingly here and there. However, seven months ago I was prescribed Adderall, which I was surprised to be able to take as prescribed, and benefit from its use.

Foolishly, several months ago I started using meth. After a few weeks I was smoking it daily. I've managed to stay relatively healthy in terms of diet, hygiene, demeanor, etc. I found it to be the ideal performance enhancer for my guitar playing and writing, which is how I make my living. I have not had any especially negative experiences thus far with this drug, but for a couple of weeks now I've realized that it would definitely be wise to stop soon. Unfortunately I only learned about my upcoming trip days ago, and I am uneasy about what's going to happen. I think it'd be far too risky to try to take even a small amount with me on an international trip. I don't know if it will be available in the country I'm going to. Assuming I will have to stop using meth for this reason, I need to know how to best go about dealing with withdrawal.

I have a nearly full script of amphetamine salts as I have not been taking them while doing the other. I am hoping that my Adderall will help with some of the worst symptoms (psychological), and it's specifically anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure due to severe dopamine depletion if I'm not mistaken) that I'm most afraid of. I am going to have to function normally (by all appearances) while there, so I obviously can't be battling severe depression in order to do that. I don't drink anymore, but I smoke weed and that will easily be available. Between my Adderall and marijuana, can I pull this off? What else if anything would be helpful in managing the symptoms that will be coming? I hate to say it, but in the back of my mind I'm wrestling with the thought of taking some with me. Insane, yes, so I'm sure I won't. I just cannot allow myself to fall apart because of a drawn out withdrawal.

I'm aware of the importance of nutrition, rest, etc. I guess what I'm hoping to hear from you are your suggestions based on any possible experience you might have with this. I'm certainly no stranger to withdrawal, but I've only really withdrawn from CNS depressants such as opiates and alcohol, etc. What I've read about meth withdrawal, as far as the psychological issues, is disturbing. Yes, amphetamine is the parent drug to meth and while they are similar, I know that in terms of potency, methamphetamine is far more potent. Right?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LOL, I READ "Methamp, anger management" well, i'm glad i double checked because this reply would have been different, take amphetamines instead, works like a charm can attest to this!

I have found anti psychotics like seroquel to be very helpful to end long binges on meth - as well as benzos. I would not get on the plane until you are over the worst of it though - wrong place to be strung out

i don’t see how d-amp will help with anhedonia if you are already totally dopamine depleted

Honestly, I think the amphetamine salts should more than be able to combat the anhedonia, as well as the other physical and psychological feelings that would normally accompany meth cessation after daily use for a prolonged period of time. Weed can help some people in this mindset, and if you enjoy getting stoned in general it might prove to be a useful ally. I would suggest starting in on the salts (and stopping the meth) before you head on your trip to get yourself used to it. Godspeed.

I have had the same problem in the past and I also had adderalls to take with me. They will keep you from feeling shitty.

As Atelier mentioned i would do everything you could to postpone the trip a few days (if thats possible) until you're a little more through the woods.
One of the last places i would want to be crashing/withdrawling/depressing in, would be a fucking airport or on a plane.
You have the adderall though so that should make things much easier.
Benzos are god's gift but i find they tend to work best when you're at home and don't have to deal with public interactions.

Last edited:
Hi.

It's been a very long time since I've posted anything. I'm doing so now because I would appreciate your suggestions for how to best handle the abrupt change I think I'm going to be facing within four days.

I live on the west coast in the US, and in four days I'll be flying to Europe to stay for about a month. I am quite anxious about this, because I have been doing meth basically every day for about two and a half months (probably about a gram per week, maybe a bit more). This recent time has been my only regular use of meth; I used opiates and did many other drugs for twenty years off and on, but I'd only done stimulants sparingly here and there. However, seven months ago I was prescribed Adderall, which I was surprised to be able to take as prescribed, and benefit from its use.

Foolishly, several months ago I started using meth. After a few weeks I was smoking it daily. I've managed to stay relatively healthy in terms of diet, hygiene, demeanor, etc. I found it to be the ideal performance enhancer for my guitar playing and writing, which is how I make my living. I have not had any especially negative experiences thus far with this drug, but for a couple of weeks now I've realized that it would definitely be wise to stop soon. Unfortunately I only learned about my upcoming trip days ago, and I am uneasy about what's going to happen. I think it'd be far too risky to try to take even a small amount with me on an international trip. I don't know if it will be available in the country I'm going to. Assuming I will have to stop using meth for this reason, I need to know how to best go about dealing with withdrawal.

I have a nearly full script of amphetamine salts as I have not been taking them while doing the other. I am hoping that my Adderall will help with some of the worst symptoms (psychological), and it's specifically anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure due to severe dopamine depletion if I'm not mistaken) that I'm most afraid of. I am going to have to function normally (by all appearances) while there, so I obviously can't be battling severe depression in order to do that. I don't drink anymore, but I smoke weed and that will easily be available. Between my Adderall and marijuana, can I pull this off? What else if anything would be helpful in managing the symptoms that will be coming? I hate to say it, but in the back of my mind I'm wrestling with the thought of taking some with me. Insane, yes, so I'm sure I won't. I just cannot allow myself to fall apart because of a drawn out withdrawal.

I'm aware of the importance of nutrition, rest, etc. I guess what I'm hoping to hear from you are your suggestions based on any possible experience you might have with this. I'm certainly no stranger to withdrawal, but I've only really withdrawn from CNS depressants such as opiates and alcohol, etc. What I've read about meth withdrawal, as far as the psychological issues, is disturbing. Yes, amphetamine is the parent drug to meth and while they are similar, I know that in terms of potency, methamphetamine is far more potent. Right?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
So are you getting the euphoric high from everyday use or are you just using it to get super stimulated ?.
You may be spun and done and have no dopamine left so if you can wait a month and not use you will have you're dopamine fully back. You should buy a sack of good meth save it for when you come back and snort a line. That's what I would do.
Tomorrow I'm picking up more my friend went to the wrong dealer for me today and I got robbed for $10 he only put in what looks to be less then $5 bucks worth. But it's see through shards and it got me super stimulated I have about 3-4 more lines left that should keep me going through the night.

I actually har no choice but to travel and conincidentally just got off an 18 hour plane trip (2 flights with a six hour transit in the middle) and did it like this:

1. last hit of meth 24 hours before flight

2. 100 mg seriquel + 20 mg valium 12 hours before flight

3. 8 hours chilling on bed to quiet mellow music (not able to fully sleep)

4. 10 mg valium immediately on boarding first flight - slept 6 hours and listened to chill music on waking with 2 hours before landing

5. 50 mg seroquel while waiting for transit at correct gate (lol - fucked that up before)

6. 5 mg valium immediately boarding second flight -watched music videos through flight

7. 30 mg d-amp on descent of final flight to get through customs and immigration and ride to hotel (prescribed so legit to carry)

8. 20 mg valium, 100 mg seroquel and large vodka on arrival hotel - slept 16 hours and now fighting fit

9. Keeping busy first day on normal d-amp dose but taking one hour cat naps to recharge every few hours

ALSO - rehydrated and ate a lot at every opportunity

good luck

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all of your suggestions and other thoughts. I don't think I'll be stopping the meth until less than a day to go, unfortunately. Not wise, I know. But I have a large amount of high quality methamphetamine at the moment. I would so very much love to take this with me, and while I think the chances of their finding a very carefully prepared and packed small amount are pretty slim realistically, it simply isn't even close to being worth the risk, no matter how small the risk might be. I do have a script for Seroquel, which I didn't mention. Maybe I'll try to get some Valium or Klonopin. Although, the shorter acting benzos like Xanax and similar would probably provide a greater sense of fast relief. It's been a long time since I had any benzos too.

Last time I recall being awake with no dope in my system was our trip out west last September....🤯 We were also afraid to pack any, but my husband just did a Google search on how to find dope in a city that you're not from and it recommended asking a taxi driver or some such person. So we just waited till we got to the city, worked up the balls to just ask at the precisely queued point in our chatting and scored on the first Uber driver that we asked and he got us the hook up right then and there! Problem-solved..... Well, maybe not the coping with withdrawal aspect of this thread, sorry, not sure if I'm ready for that! I keep getting anxiety when I even think about trying to not do it, but I know I have to stop for a little bit at some point to get back to getting my normal level of euphoria while smoking. Plus I have a doctor's appointment coming up in the next month or so (or whenever the offices open back up for non covid-19 patients again), in which my doctor will be giving me a drug test so that I can stay on my narcotic medications that I'm prescribed. Going to need a lot of willpower. As many have said, and I'm beginning to agree, dope becomes the most important thing in your life, if you let it take over.🥺