• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methamphetamine tolerance? increasing/decreasing

Siccness909

Bluelighter
What's Up BL, I have a quick question regarding Methamphetamine tolerance. I'm gonna try to make it as simple as possible but I'm tweaked atm so I apologize in advance if I ramble on.

I've been doing dope for about 3 years now. I am addicted but don't use daily probably 2-3 tines a week at most? ROAs include Smoking Nasal Oral & I IVd once.

At the beginning I only smoked for the 1st 2 years but due to me being very prone to psychosis (I was losing my mind) I stopped smoking and most recently started dosing strictly Nasally the past 7-8 months for mental health sake.

ANYWAY, My question is how quick does speed tolerance increase/decrease? My tolerance IMO is moderate forsure, I need at least a .3 of decent quality to get fully spun. Past 3-4 months I've been doing way more dope than I should have been.

But yeah most recently past 2 weeks I took a break from it completely. Only been using opiates since until last night. 2 weeks sober & I picked up a half gram last night. Same quality as before same dude etc. He said it was different batch but I thought it was a little better and not to mention I only dosed about 3-4 half inch lines and I got pretty lit?

Now I've read DXM lowers amphetamine tolerance like I haven't used recreationally but past few days, Ive taken a medical therapeutic dose if that matters?

FUCK Ok my questions are..

HOW QUICK DOES METHAMPHETAMINE TOLERANCE INCREASE/DECREASE WITH MODERATE USE?

IS IT POSSIBLE THOSE 2 WEEKS DROPPED MY TOLERANCE IN ANY WAY? DID THE DXM PLAY A FACTOR?

& DOES YOUR ROA MATTER IN REGARDS TO HOW FAST TOLERANCE GOES UP?

Thanks guys and again I apologize for the tweaker rambling.

Tolerance increases after each time you use , ROA makes a difference too, if you IV your getting 100% ba , so when u decide to snort u will need much more since u won't have a high ba as IV, 2 weeks is just enough time to make the high just passing worth doing and getting positive effects ...wait a good month

IME, tolerance builds within a wk if not usin an upper rec. When using rec it skyrockets in a day or two!

I use Ritalin & Addy. Usually Ritalin. When I started using my Rit rec I went from 10-15 mgs insufflated to feel good to needing 30-40 mgs in one dose to feel good. The Addy was even worse! Within 2-3 doses I needed almost double to feel anything.

Also, like above poster said, it is gonna depend on ROA too. The more BA u get, the faster tolerance is gonna build.

I've gone 3 wks without my Ritalin due to binges n didn't notice a decrease in tolerance unfortunately. IMO, it's similar to opiates.. The tolerance is gonna b there forever. Any drug really.

Yeah its all pretty strange, I can definitely FEEL this batch is more potent but its really not THAT much better? I do think my tolerance dropped A very small amount. IMO either the DXM did something or 2 weeks for some reason dropped in some way, Cause I genuinely feel a difference with this dose.

I don't know but thanks for your responses btw

Ive noticed tolerance during a binge of constant usage, using from day 3. A few days between the next dosage though has never shown increased tolerance. So for me taking meth for 3 days over a weekend every week for example would result in zero increase in tolerance.

I will say I was doing ALOT before my break. Every week past 2-3 months. Doses ranging from a whole gram to a .4. Normally Id finish anything less than gram withing 2-3 days. The gram lastedme about 4 days I believe.

So yeah I know my tolerance has gone up definitely within the past few months. In all honesty I was in a way forced to take a break, I probably wouldn't of done it If it was up to me. Basically I got Ventricular Tachycardia from either mixing H & Dope and it irritated my heart or it was my astronomical dose of speed I took that day but I ended up in ICU. My heart continued to flutter on and off after I left the hospital even with positive reports so I decided to take a break cause I was paranoid I was gonna end up having a heart attack if it happened again so yeah that's why I took the break.

Everything seems fine now, Got spun last night continuing into right now I've been dosing the same .5 I got. Just about finished it. Tolerance definitely decreased a small amount in that break. Like I said I don't know if it was purely based on the break I took cause I hadn't had a break like that in a while or possibly the small DXM doses I took maybe played a part?

I don't know whatever though. Shit I can't complain right? Haha quick question, I've read various sources all having different answers on the subject but if I remember correctly, DXM doesn't actually LOWER amphetamine tolerance right? It prevents one right?

Not sure if any of you guys have experience with it but how would you dose the DXM if trying to use it to avoid tolerance?

Would you dose like 15-30mgs right before your speed dose? Do you dose as soon as you comedown? Never really understood how the whole thing worked. Always got different answers from friends. Anyway thanks for all your help guys. Much appreciated as always.

Be very careful with taking DXM on the drug in combo, it should increase effects but also dangers like Serotonin Syndrome. What i did was used it daily in normal dosages for a period to reduce tolerances, this worked. It doesnt need to be taken in combo with the drug to do its thing.

Oh ok I got you, yeah I made the mistake once of combing DXM and speed both in recreational doses, I think it was 354mgs of DXM and I had smoked like 2-3 bowls of Crystal. I know the dangers now of SS but luckily for me I didn't get it. Felt like my brain was frying, it was just really really HOT around my forehead. Overall I just felt like Lost after I smoked? Brain was tired I couldn't think till I finally slept it off. Definitely wasn't SS though I've legitimately had SS once and It was nightmare. Anyway so you just take DXM daily in medical doses? I mean before you got high or when you comedown?

During your period of using the DXM, were you sober?

I wouldn't think a small therapeutic dose in combination with speed would have much effect, but who knows forsure I know it's possible for some but yeah better safe than sorry. Ironically I'm coming down off speed now & I have 50mg Amnitriptyline's which I've read for some works great as a sleep aid. I've been contemplating using it in a few hours to help me crash but due to it's antidepressant properties,, I worry with just my luck I'll get SS.

Most people I've read have done it with success but I don't know.... its a sketchy move and to top it off I'm slightly paranoid from the dope anyway but wellssee. Gonna research a bit more till morning before I decide, See this would have never happened if I had my opiates or benzos on hand haha this is what I have to resort to at the moment.

Meth tolerance increases much faster for me than any other drug. Never heard of dxm lowering tolerance but I'm sure 2 weeks off will. It does for me. But after a while it all batches seems to blend together and i feel not as high as I feel I should. You cud try and wash the dope or try different ROA. Also in think every time you use you prob destroy this receptors which is where you get fucked.