• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Methamphetamine preparation for injecting

Is it better or safer to cook/heat meth for injecting

• Total voters

LoYo

Greenlighter
Is it better or safer to cook/heat meth before injecting?

It is not necessary or better in any way. Use cold or room temperature water; meth dissolves in cold water perfectly as long as you have enough water.

There is no need. While I have occasionally used warmer water out of a boiling kettle, using room temperature water is just fine. Meth is entirely water soluble and whatever drug you have should dissolve entirely within a minute. Anything left over is cutter.

As the above user also said, using the right amount of water is key. Personally I like to use 2 units of water to each 100mg worth of meth. This makes a shot that isn't ridiculously thick and caustic on my veins.

Some people swear by using as little water as possible in order to get the thickest shot they can. I've always found this pointless and stupid - once you are high to a certain level with meth (ie if you've just done enough to get yourself well and truly spun) does it really matter if you get that little bit extra high? Realistically are you actually even going to notice it at all? I really doubt it. You're more likely to overamp by doing another shot.

Doing a thicker shot means that if you miss, you run a greater risk of infection and abscess forming. This is because the solution is more concentrated and disperses less throughout your body.

Because of these reasons, I prefer using more water rather than less (though not an absurd amount by any means). The only difficulty with this however is that as my tolerance increased recently I found myself doing half gram shots at a time (this is not advisable, I have Narcolepsy and ADHD so my stimulant tolerance is naturally very high) and to do this as safely as possible I needed to use at least 8 units of water per 500mg of meth, which made for a very fiddly shot to register and inject. I couldn't use the full 10 units as I couldn't get my hand in the proper position to successfully inject it without causing some kind of issue, so I slightly reduced the water ratio but left it as more water than meth still.

At the end of the way it's up to you, but I would strongly suggest being more cautious with your shots and not making them into a syrup for the sake of getting a tiny bit more high which you might not even feel.

Last edited:
I've been using hot water from the tap. It dissolves a bit faster.

I've been using hot water from the tap. It dissolves a bit faster.

Do NOT do this. Hot water from the tap is a fantastic source of bacteria in your solution. Harm Reduction websites and graphics suggest this order of water use.

1. Bacteriostatic sterile water ampule, single use.
2. Boiled water, which is then cooled (low risk of bacteria).
3. Freshly run cold tap water (low risk of bacteria).
3. Hot water from tap (medium risk of bacteria).
4. Bottled water (medium risk of bacteria).
5. Part used ampule of water for injection (high risk of bacteria).
6. Toilet water (from the cistern, not the bowl) (high risk of bacteria).
7. Puddle water or saliva (high risk of bacteria).

Please do not suggest anyone use a water source that carries more risk of bacteria than boiling and cooling their water or using freshly run tap water. You do not need warm water to dissolve meth, if you are dissolving more stuff in it you are dissolving cutter into your solution, which is also not an ideal situation.

Do NOT do this. Hot water from the tap is a fantastic source of bacteria in your solution. Harm Reduction websites and graphics suggest this order of water use.

1. Bacteriostatic sterile water ampule, single use.
2. Boiled water, which is then cooled (low risk of bacteria).
3. Freshly run cold tap water (low risk of bacteria).
3. Hot water from tap (medium risk of bacteria).
4. Bottled water (medium risk of bacteria).
5. Part used ampule of water for injection (high risk of bacteria).
6. Toilet water (from the cistern, not the bowl) (high risk of bacteria).
7. Puddle water or saliva (high risk of bacteria).

Please do not suggest anyone use a water source that carries more risk of bacteria than boiling and cooling their water or using freshly run tap water. You do not need warm water to dissolve meth, if you are dissolving more stuff in it you are dissolving cutter into your solution, which is also not an ideal situation.
Wow ive been using tap water for 15 years and didnt kniw this lol.. although i live in a small oregon town with some of the cleanest and clearest rivers in the country so theres prob a big difference in tap water

Wow ive been using tap water for 15 years and didnt kniw this lol.. although i live in a small oregon town with some of the cleanest and clearest rivers in the country so theres prob a big difference in tap water
I live in Dallas! Are you close to Dallas? Or Salem?

I live in Dallas! Are you close to Dallas? Or Salem?
No im literally 5 min from Cali, in Brookings. Check it out this is the chetco river, We got another river 15 minutes south that's just as nice, if not nicer, i think its called the hyouchi river