Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methamphetamine origins

andyjackson

Greenlighter
Hi,
First time poster, on and off longtime lurker.

I've been a casual user of a whole host of substances for quite some time, but have never stepped fully into any of their specific worlds/cliques/lifestyles.

When I first saw Meth in Aus (12/13 years ago) it was extremely varied in almost every way from sample to sample.

Fast forward to 2018 or so and it all seemed to be rocks on the drier end of the spectrum.

Is this due to the larger lab style mode of production from overseas? Is it less common to be made here? Or is it that more people involved in the supply know how to re-rock it?

I've heard some is mexican and asian (I'm assuming thats what green tea is)

Just curious
Hope I didn't break any guidelines
Thanks in advance!

Hi,
First time poster, on and off longtime lurker.

I've been a casual user of a whole host of substances for quite some time, but have never stepped fully into any of their specific worlds/cliques/lifestyles.

When I first saw Meth in Aus (12/13 years ago) it was extremely varied in almost every way from sample to sample.

Fast forward to 2018 or so and it all seemed to be rocks on the drier end of the spectrum.

Is this due to the larger lab style mode of production from overseas? Is it less common to be made here? Or is it that more people involved in the supply know how to re-rock it?

I've heard some is mexican and asian (I'm assuming thats what green tea is)

Just curious
Hope I didn't break any guidelines
Thanks in advance!

Even as a lurker, Welcome too Bluelight!

You are correct in that majority of Australian methamphetamine is imported from southeast asia and more recently mexican stuff has been showing up also.

We still get a mixed lot coming from Asia (both Dextro-methamphetamine and the racmic D/L-methamphetamine)

Mexican Super labs push out tonnes and tonnes of racmic rubbish that is sadly becoming the normal here.

Still theres definitely the occasional small scale local lab production of dextro via psu/eph reduction. Will probably have to leave it there as I dont want to cross the no synthesis rule.

Yeah so you are pretty much correct.

You are correct in that majority of Australian methamphetamine is imported from southeast asia and more recently mexican stuff has been showing up also.

We still get a mixed lot coming from Asia (both Dextro-methamphetamine and the racmic D/L-methamphetamine)

Mexican Super labs push out tonnes and tonnes of racmic rubbish that is sadly becoming the normal here.

Still theres definitely the occasional small scale local lab production of dextro via psu/eph reduction. Will probably have to leave it there as I dont want to cross the no synthesis rule.

Would that mean that stuff from say 15 years ago was dextro via psu/eph production, as most stuff have I'd lately doesn't compare?

Would that mean that stuff from say 15 years ago was dextro via psu/eph production, as most stuff have I'd lately doesn't compare?

Yes, thats correct. Of course, there would have still been exceptions. But in Australia that is definitely the case. Especially for the generally higher purity 'Ice' compared to 'speed'. Although in Australia most speed is usually just low-purity meth, we are seeing a lot more amphetamine sulfate showing up which has always been common in Europe but not in Aus. In 2007, which is when I first started using and I assume the period you were, Methamphetamine synthesized from phenyl-2-propanone (P2P) would have been *almost* non-existent.

However, back in the 80's it grew in popularity when pseudoephedrine became more restricted and monitored whilst at the time phenyl-2-propanone was not illegal. It was mostly poor quality 'speed' though and not the shards as we know today.

Yes, thats correct. Of course, there would have still been exceptions. But in Australia that is definitely the case. Especially for the generally higher purity 'Ice' compared to 'speed'. Although in Australia most speed is usually just low-purity meth, we are seeing a lot more amphetamine sulfate showing up which has always been common in Europe but not in Aus. In 2007, which is when I first started using and I assume the period you were, Methamphetamine synthesized from phenyl-2-propanone (P2P) would have been *almost* non-existent.

However, back in the 80's it grew in popularity when pseudoephedrine became more restricted and monitored whilst at the time phenyl-2-propanone was not illegal. It was mostly poor quality 'speed' though and not the shards as we know today.
Yeah I took my first pill in 06 and started checking out this forum for the pill report thread, as well as pill reports.
I remember a thread called something like your grandmother doesn't know methamphetamine or something which mentioned how all speed was really meth.
I found it strange though how the powdered speed could still get me really buzzing, but it didn't give me a 20 hour comedown like ice.

Yeah I took my first pill in 06 and started checking out this forum for the pill report thread, as well as pill reports.
I remember a thread called something like your grandmother doesn't know methamphetamine or something which mentioned how all speed was really meth.
I found it strange though how the powdered speed could still get me really buzzing, but it didn't give me a 20 hour comedown like ice.
It’s because you were taking in smaller quantities of meth and more slowly. Speed is or was usually about 10% meth 90% cut. So a gram is 1 point of meth really.

L
It’s because you were taking in smaller quantities of meth and more slowly. Speed is or was usually about 10% meth 90% cut. So a gram is 1 point of meth really.
Lol. Ummmm going to have to strongly disagree with you on that one buddy

Hasn't the US been starting to become an actual exporter of the stuff as well? I just was always under the assumption the US has been a producer of it as well, as someone in the US from what I hear off of friends who use.

Hasn't the US been starting to become an actual exporter of the stuff as well? I just was always under the assumption the US has been a producer of it as well, as someone in the US from what I hear off of friends who use.
Canada & the USA both produce a fair bit, but I doubt that it would show up as far away as Australia when it is far cheaper & easier for traffickers to import Asian meth.

Re rock it? A good point of view to begin would be to teach that a crystalline substance with stack it's structure defined by it's cool down speed. The faster it cools the smaller the shards. The slower it cools the bigger the shards. Some like sprinkles n some like stakes lol. Go grab some msn from healthshop, (for your cramps, you eat it, not soak in it n walk out with epsom salts, although epsoms work for some applications) anyway grab a few feet of foil, wrap up say a gram or two, seal her up cause no leaks is no loss, and start to understand what's happening will always benefit your mind. If you keep temperature control forefront then do it in a ceramic or glass dish on the stove n watch the difference between say throwing it hot at a crumbled bit of chilled foil on a glass plate from freezer, and do the same and leave in sun covered on-top the hotwater service and see the end results differ. For many factors play many apart to the end game. Side note: there's no business with msn outside "re rocking it" or the recrystization processes needed as this has no business outside a smoker. A user will always rather "believe your more honest" n hide the cut in glucose or the likes. But you can't lie to a user cause things swell, so 0.1 gram will always swell 9 units on the gauge, so 0.2 will add 18 units to the mix. Smokers see the product drop off from melting to a oil to melting to a clear liquid. At the end of the day everyone goes to bed so you can't bullshit the best of them. First post of my life so unsure if I can add pics but a easy way to show cut is to show pure and notice the differences, think rocks as clear as your car windscreen as opposed to white shards. Also maybe the colours are toxic not cool so green is the presence of copper, yellow is stainless, the famous blue would be the metal is assume is colbalt. None are any good and I'd call it a fuk up. Maybe the pink or purple crystals called pink champagne would look alot better if dried under a UV light like a yellow newborn baby. Purple might be a 2 kick iodine trick not the standard 1:1:1/3 ratio or 3:3:1 for those who hate fractions (if referring to red white and blue method) Anyway what was I saying, where is my doctor I did it again 😂😂

)

Mexican super labs push out tons and tons of d-methamphetamine at 94-97% purity and have been doing so for years per the DEA.

• Analysis of domestic methamphetamine purchases
from January 2013 through December 2017 indicates
the price per pure gram of methamphetamine
decreased 17.6 percent— from $68 to $56— while
purity decreased 1.5 percent— from 94.4 percent to
93.0 percent (see Figure 36).
• In the second half of 2018, methamphetamine
sampled through the MPP averaged 97.5 percent purity
and 96.9 percent potency (seeee Figure 37).

Purity is purity and potency is the percentage of d-isomer methamphetamine

That's from the 2019 national drug threat assessment by the DEA of the United States.

So 97.5% pure and 96.9% d-Isomer since 2018 from the Mexican super labs.

And prices have gotten cheaper than what's in that report. You can get a ball of very clean Very pure d-meth for 100 bucks

Last edited:
As of now, the crystal methamphetamine market in the United States is 99% cartel meth high purity high potency d-isomer methamphetamine.

There's really no large scale US production because you can't compete with the cartels. If there hasn't been any busts recently, you can get window pane clear in giant multigram shards for $350 an ounce at the street level. THAT'S $12 A GRAM.

Less, if you buy a few ounces. I've heard legitimate quotes of $2,000 for a pound.

And the amount of methamphetamine coming across the border and being confiscated is staggering. In Nashville, Tennessee a few weeks ago there was a 400 lb methamphetamine bust. And they're catching people with tons. Literally a ton at the border.

When the Mexican government reports that they stumbled on 50 tons of abandoned methamphetamine, you have an idea of the scope of the Mexican cartel super labs.

It's virtually impossible to get Sudafed in any reasonable amount to make Even a moderate sized batch. MUCH LESS THE TROUBLE TO TRY AND GET P2P IN THE US.

Any US production is small time and local. I really don't think there's any methamphetamine export coming out of the United States, unless it's Mexican cartel meth that some enterprising person figured they could resell overseas for more money than they paid for it.

No speed is a completely different drug as in amphetamine without the methyl group. You know like the active ingredient in Adderall is speed. Also known as dexedrine

Meth has never been correctly called speed. Meth has been crank, glass, ice, Tina, clear, tweak, fire, dope, junk, and If you're Asian and you mix it with caffeine, it's the Yaba.

One point of meth will still have 20 hours of total come up high. Come down after jitters. Unless you're doing a couple points a day and then you're tolerance is going to make you not have NOTICEABLE 20 hour highs anyway.

Powder that doesn't do that is amphetamine sulfate.

I don't think that people understand the scope of methamphetamine use in the United States.

As of 2021, 16.8 million people had admitted to using methamphetamine at least once in their life. Growing at the rate of 1.5 to 2 million new users. A year. Estimates are that at the end of 2024 that number will be 22 million.

So basically it's as if every single person in Australia over the age of 12 had done methamphetamine at least once in their life.

Mexican super labs push out tons and tons of d-methamphetamine at 94-97% purity and have been doing so for years per the DEA.

• Analysis of domestic methamphetamine purchases
from January 2013 through December 2017 indicates
the price per pure gram of methamphetamine
decreased 17.6 percent— from $68 to $56— while
purity decreased 1.5 percent— from 94.4 percent to
93.0 percent (see Figure 36).
• In the second half of 2018, methamphetamine
sampled through the MPP averaged 97.5 percent purity
and 96.9 percent potency (seeee Figure 37).

Purity is purity and potency is the percentage of d-isomer methamphetamine

That's from the 2019 national drug threat assessment by the DEA of the United States.

So 97.5% pure and 96.9% d-Isomer since 2018 from the Mexican super labs.

And prices have gotten cheaper than what's in that report. You can get a ball of very clean Very pure d-meth for 100 bucks
Uhm wrong! It's all P2P now unfortunately. Good luck finding any D-meth in australia haha!

Uhm wrong! It's all P2P now unfortunately. Good luck finding any D-meth in australia haha!
You don't understand that the cartels resolve the d-meth? That means that they separate the d-isomer using a chiral acid that only bonds to one stereo-isomer of methamphetamine. Technically they could throw away all the levo and not worry about it, but there's this magical class of chemicals called radical initiators that can turn levo methamphetamine back into racemic 50/50 d/l methamphetamine which they can then separate out the dextro and repeat the process. It's called RRR. Resolve -- Re-racemize -- Recycle. Maybe the shitty Asian gangs that are making the meth in Cambodia and Laos don't know how to do it but in the US all d-meth.

Hello Hello!!!
Fortunately and Unfortunately, It comes from wherever one can aquire it.
If you bare in mind some products for formula may be home brand and the hygene of equipment can all incure
quality. Its never going to be the same however something doesnt cease to exist.
I am very opinionated on this topic so I shall keep my train of thought in otherwise ill even end up pissing my self
off haha.

Nr xx