• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine & lsd, a good combination, or a recipe for disaster?

left0vershAke

Bluelighter
I have always wanted to see if I could have a good experience mixing crystal and acid. But I've heard it can cause a bad trip. Anyone have an experience with these two substances at once?

It is a question of dosage.

I've had a good time mixing stimulants and psychedelics on odd occasions. Never LSD and meth, granted. I'm very careful with stimulants, dosing probably under 100mg cumulatively every time i've done regular amph.

Vasoconstriction is something to keep in mind. Also it's good to read up on the stimulant effects of LSD. It does activate dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine receptors IIRC. Always felt like a very calm psychedelic to me compared to tryptamines, but the relevant theory should of course be considered.

You will probably get answers from people who've tried combining these particular substances but i figured i might as well share what i've got on the subject.

To me this sounds like a recipe for disaster unless your dose of LSD is low, and even then it sounds uncomfortable to say the least. I think the stimulating effects and vasoconstriction of LSD would be amplified way too much with a strong stimulant, but I suppose people have combined MDMA and LSD in a candyflip(?) so it might not be that big of an issue.

But the bigger problem is likely going to be the comedown of meth causing a trip to spiral out of control, and I suspect redosing the meth at any point is just going to exacerbate this.

I thought about trying to combine LSD and amphetamine a couple times but ultimately decided against it, you may want to pass on this. Although if you do try this combo i'd suggest having some benzos on standby incase things get too hairy

Thanks for the replies guys.. I am thinking maybe just some good old Adderall with acid may be the way to go. Starting in small doses

But the bigger problem is likely going to be the comedown of meth causing a trip to spiral out of control, and I suspect redosing the meth at any point is just going to exacerbate this.

I shudder at the thought of trying to navigate a meth crash on acid.

If someone is going to try it out, it won't be me, but whoever does should only do it if they can lay in a very comfortable safety net of downers. At a minimum, IMHO, (1) enough of some kind of benzodiazepine to equal 30mg diazepam [= 2mg alprazolam/clonazepam IME] + (2) some kind an antipsychotic, like 50mg+ of quetiapine (Seroquel), assuming no tolerance to either BZDs or APs.

I’ve done it and it’s no big deal. Strongest acid I’ve ever had lsd-25 and some pretty good crystal. The meth made the acid trip kick in faster in a way. It didn’t come on any quicker but the feeling of tripping was increased. I think it’s probably like they said lsd has somewhat of a stimulant effect. Had a good time would do again.

I’ve done this combination numerous times and for different reasons but generally it’s a bad idea and does not lead to a great time. But some people do claim to enjoy it. In no particular order some things to consider are:

1. LSD works to dissolve your ego and default mode network whereas stimulants especially meth seem to work in exactly the opposite direction. You may get the visual effects of LSD when high on meth, but it usually comes without any corresponding sense of wonder or joy or mystery. In fact, it often just gets plain annoying because your brain is 100 % rooted in reality and trying to batten down the hatches and assert your normal ego identity while that trippy shit happens.

2. If you are not totally in control of your mind though and a bit spun on meth then you can easily get locked into thought loops and repetitive action that totally distract you from the trip. So even with a solid dose of LSD you can still end up carpet surfing for shards (which is relatively harmless) but you can also get obsessed with some idea that leads to a bad trip (e.g. how person X betrayed/deceived/hurt you or whatever) and just get stuck with ruminating on that endlessly while the LSD throws up all the corresponding negative feelings/emotion to go with it.

I once spent about 6 hours of what should have been a great trip turning my house upside down trying to find the sheet with the remaining 47 blotters on it. I spent hours going through the trash over and over. Ultimately they were found the next day stuck to the sole of my shoe. I also tend to gravitate to the internet or TV on acid/meth and that’s really dull and blocks out any good trippiness.

That said, I think if you want to party or have a super active trip outdoors then being a bit high on meth before dropping the acid and getting out of the house immediately can lead to a good experience. Especially if you only use meth rarely.

Taking LSD at the end of a meth binge can be extremely traumatic but also very cathartic and you may have a real breakthrough emotional experience if you have grief/trauma issues. It also tends to kill any desire to keep binging or to take any other drugs for at least several days. So it is potentially useful in helping with uncontrollable or problematic meth abuse.

I took it weekly for a while to end a meth addiction and it was very very effective. Though I also used ketamine and MDMA occasionally as part of the process.

EDIT: even low doses of ADHD amps (in my case dexamfetamine) seem to cause LSD to hit faster and stronger with a more noticeable body load but to cut out a lot of the magic and mystery of the trip because your brain is just too sharp and too mired to relax into the trip and really let go. Depends what kind of trip experience you want I guess. It’s not necessarily bad if you want to be functional at a party or with people. But it is annoying if you want to really blow your mind - because you can’t even on prescribed dosage levels.

I've only dropped acid AFTER I'd been using meth, and Its not bad. The acid tends to overpower the meth...I definitely didn't want to do anymore meth those nights.

I just ask because lsd and acid are my 2 favorite drugs. Is there a chemical that has similar affect to both? I feel like acid and meth probably won't work well because of thought loops like mentioned above. Does MDMA have that effect? Never once had MDMA that got me high at all. I guess I just want to find a hallucinogenic stimulant

I just ask because lsd and acid are my 2 favorite drugs. Is there a chemical that has similar affect to both? I feel like acid and meth probably won't work well because of thought loops like mentioned above. Does MDMA have that effect? Never once had MDMA that got me high at all. I guess I just want to find a hallucinogenic stimulant

Your thinking seems to point in the direction of something like mescaline or proscaline, i think.

Maybe 2C-B or similar.

...Although for me LSD is stimulant enough and more.

Ive
Your thinking seems to point in the direction of something like mescaline or proscaline, i think.

Maybe 2C-B or similar.

...Although for me LSD is stimulant enough and more.
Always wanted to try mescaline, but I can't find it

I would have thought the meth would cancel out the LSD affects. A mate of mine who is a genuine crackhead forever complains LSD and MDMA never work for him.
LSD and MDMA (Candyflippin') on the other hand - Fuck me, the Shapeshifter gig and the after party was just a mash of colours for me..
I heard it was a goodnight,

I know a guy who accidentally combined these two (Someone sold him meth as MDMA, he'd never done meth before and had a very strange candyflip.) I believe that he was up for a couple days and almost went into psychosis. Then again, it was probably not clean meth + he was inexperienced + he was likely dosing high since he was told it was MDMA.

Regardless, I'd stay away from the combo. If you want something more stimulating, stick with DOxs or even just 2CB.

I have experience combining 2CB and Adderall as well as Vyvanse and shrooms. While 2CB + therapeutic doses of Adderall can mix well and create a nice level of stimulating euphoria (albeit with a somewhat heavier body load), I think that the classical psychedelics are best left taken without stims due to the increased anxiety, body load, and thought loops. I'd avoid combining stims with psychedelics outside of maybe low doses of high-grade amphetamine with moderate doses of 2CB. And even that is probably not the best combo for most.