• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Methamphetamine, Heroin and xanax

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So for the past several hours I been snorting Meth And smoking black tar. I just popped 3mg of xanax now I know I'm not going to die but it's a big debate that smoking H can't cause an overdose because you don't receive enough at once to cause significant respiratory depression. Well if it's true and adding a benzo on top would the fact I been snorting Meth prevent me from getting to sedated?

that isnt true, you can OD by smoking heroin, and you could still die from an OD when you've used meth too. Adding drugs to eachother is "additive"for the most part. Uppers + Downers = Really high instead of canceling eachother out

You can definitely overdose by smoking H, specially if you mix it with large doses of benzos.
If you're slowly smoking heroin (without mixing it with benzos or other drugs) and taking small hits then maybe you'd fall asleep or nod before having a lethal overdose. But that's clearly not your case.
We don't know your tolerance, you might be fine or not at all. But be careful, I've seen a couple of posts where you repeat that same statement for whatever reason...Mixing opiates and benzos is one of the easiest way to OD, no matter the ROA.

Edit: I guess this isn't your first time mixing those 3 drugs so you'll probably be ok as long as you don't over do it with the sedatives. Be extra careful when the meth wears off though.

Last edited:
^ what his "edit" says!
I don't know who told you that, but the are very probably dead from overdose by now.
Hell you get enuff Morphine from Opium to kill you and you can damn sure get enuff from smack.

Xanax on top of all that seems a little much, but to each their own.
Hell, when I used to do speedballs the only thing keeping me breathing was the coke and as soon as it wore off I'd go into OD mode and have to do a shot of coke to stay with it.

Very likely the Meth is what's keeping you breathing right now...do another bump of that shit and see if your resp dep eases up.

You might want to think about keeping some Naloxone around too...

Last edited:
Benzos and opiates are not a good mix. Although they act on different receptors they both act together to seriously repress the respiratory system. If you have a friend close by with Naloxone you should be okay though.

Thanks for the advice, but naloxone definitely wasn't needed. At worst my heart beat was slightly slower then normal.maybe it was the meth maybe you guys are overcautious but I guess that's not a bad thing. I smoked more H throughout the night and let's just say 18 hours later I still haven't slept lol. Honestly I do believe one cannot fatally overdose from smoking heroin. You just can't deliver enough in the body to stop breathing. Maybe If you religiously took hit after hit TRYING to. But come on who does that. I know I would have nodded if it was only the xanax and H smoking but the lines of Meth kept me plenty awake. Though I do have some glimpses in my memory.