• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methamphetamine and Marijuana- Very odd effects

percozakk

Bluelighter
I have been an IV meth user for over 2 years now, and have smoked weed for 5+ years. Although I'm not a huge fan of smoking i still do it quite often whenever it is offered to me by an associate. I have recently started noticing very odd effects whenever i smoke weed while also under the influence of meth.
I'm not sure exactly when i started experiencing these negative effects, but decided i should ask you guys for some input.
When i smoke weed while i am tweaking the weed produces very uncharacteristic effects for me. I will usually be in a very comfortable and chill setting. And my mental state will be level and clear. I'm not experiencing any kind of anxiety or paranoia, nor physically experiencing any kind of nervous tics that may accompany use of meth.

When i smoke weed however i will almost immediately begin tweaking much harder. Mentally i feel the normal effects from weed. But physically i begin exhibiting behaviors that you would expect from a hardcore tweaker. I begin getting very bad tics. I can't stop messing with my tongue, i will continually suck on it and rub it against the roof of my mouth and teeth. I chew on my lips. My face begins twitching, and i get an uncontrollable urge to open up and stretch my mouth .
I'm asking you guys why does this happen? and have you personally experienced anything like this?
what causes this huge change, from being very level and calm, then after smoking i begin experiencing all of these nervous tic-like behaviors?

I get similar things when combining weed with adderall... I'll be fine all day studying and getting things done and then light up in the evening and get increased jaw tension and restlessness. In a way it feels like rather than just getting high, I'm also getting more wired on adderall again without redosing. Weed can indirectly mess with the dopamine and noradrenaline systems, I think the combo of DA/NA releasing agents with weed can amplify the release of these neurotransmitters to an extend.

Your risking going thru a psychosis doing that...MJ already raises your chances for that Plus Meth....Man that was the combo that threw me over the edge.

Okay, now I'm actually relieved. Only IV meth user for maybe 4 months while not smoking weed. But only stopped being a normal stoner to fuck around and ruin my life real quick. I had like 2 weeks clean maybe a week prior and an in my first relapse. I also took Gabapentin a couple days when i only had enough to last half a day. And strip club coke one of those nights. Damn ? Noticed my tongue having a sort of twitch at first time. Then my eye kinda rolls back with it the second time. Currently it's more intense and is still on and off. I thought for damn sure it was the Gabapentin or my short but heavy using. Bluelight search and read this, Every single time it's after a smoke sesh with friends. Tonight was probably the most and best I've ever smoked. Super relieved. Another try at the sober life tomorrow