• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone

Binky7766

Bluelighter
Would it be very bad to have a glass of wine at a restaurant on occasion while taking methadone? I know it’s not good to combine the two, but wondered if it would truly be damaging to do it with just the one glass of wine, maybe twice per month. It may sound like a silly question, but I am just curious.

It's generally not a good idea, especially if you deal with compulsion issues. You could end up taking more alcohol than you intend to, which can cause dangerous fatal respiratory depression. How much methadone are you on?

It's generally not a good idea, especially if you deal with compulsion issues. You could end up taking more alcohol than you intend to, which can cause dangerous fatal respiratory depression. How much methadone are you on?
I’ve taken 1 teaspoon of 30 mg per day, Just for 2 days so far. I’ve taken that amount in the past to soften the edges of opiate withdrawal. Opiate was prescribed, but I always get a lot of leg pain when I stop, so the methadone gets me through it. Last time, I only took the methadone for a week and my leg pain was gone. It worked out pretty well for me, and because of the brief duration of the methadone, I didn’t feel any withdrawal from it.