• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone

I was thinking it would be well under the 1st plateau at 20 as I usually need 60 or better to hit the twilight zone feeling. But yeah it's probably not a good idea to start off too aggressively with it. The whole NMDAr antagonism aspect is a trip, I just need to track down some Memantine now.

@Ladybuggs- I've used Norcos before and they are excellent as long as you can reduce the consecutive daily amount as much as your bf can tolerate. More frequent doses of a 1/2 are better than a whole. A tip, and this is not a reflection on your significant other, but put them in a safe place other than the medicine cabinet as thoughts of recon and pilfering come with the territory regardless of how much integrity and trustworthiness he possesses. Under the mattress in a guest bedroom kept me honest during the acute phase.

Kratom wouldn't be a bad idea. And yes, I only really approve of high dose loperamide use to combat opioid withdrawal when it's literally the only option (and it very rarely is).

For sure.

I thought of Kratom as well. That would be a great help with tapering. I see Lorazepine as also a good option, and if it doesn't work in appropriate doses, perhaps diazepam which has a long-lifetime for a reasonable period of time.

@TTP, sorry for sometimes jumping in your threads. I really appreciate your comments. :)

Last edited:
Through all my experiences with protracted habits and various withdrawals I would say that if you're kicking a heavy habit of a short-acting drug like heroin, then it's a lot easier to level-out on methadone than suboxone - I've found it nearly impossible to get from high-dose heroin habits to subs, not without experiencing days of WD/PWD.

That said - the protracted withdrawals from subs are easier than methadone. I'd suggest jumping from the lowest dose of 'done you can kick to, then jump to subs, then quit those, I found that you can get about after around day 10 of WD from subs.

I have a new question.. okay so it's like day 14 and we went to a family party and he got drunk and everything was cool but when we got home he couldn't sleep and the restless legs was really bothering him and he just felt like shit so I ended up falling asleep but I think he might have relapsed when I was sleeping because when I woke up this morning he was fast asleep like sawing logs which made me think he might have relapsed but I mean he could have just really feel asleep but my question is IF he did relapse would that reset his WDs to the beginning or how does that work since it's WDs from methadone?

Also what helps with the RLS and the insomnia? I think that's what bugs him the most.. also how long does the RLS usually last? (Also I am like 90% sure he didn't relapse and now I feel like a dick for thinking he did :/)

Yea how would he relapse steal your pills? That's why you should keep them secure, count them, and just make sure he can't get to them. That being said he could've passed out drunk.... That's pretty common. Taking one dose won't throw them back to the beginning and might not even set him back, but it's more likely he will just be a little bit more exhausted today if he did.

As far as rls I've read certain supplements one being magnesium I believe that while not immediately, but after their body balances out it should help. Definitely research it for a better answer. Just go google "solutions for opiate withdrawal induced restless leg syndrome, " then you should be in the right track.