• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone Withdrawals

Sonya73

Greenlighter
I have been on methadone clinic for two and a half years 80 milligrams a day! day 4 of wit hdrawal and I know it's going to get worse I went off methadone and Xanax in 2009 cold turkey and that was hell I actually had dreams of the pink Mamba and the blue Mamba fighting it was so f***** up I just need help getting off of this s*** I don't know if I could do it cold turkey again I'm 43 and tired of this life. I am so dizzy when I stand up I have to sit right back down I can't eat and I just want to go and get something to make my skin lay down. I need to take care of my responsibilities but I can't even stand up for 2 seconds I don't want a miracle right now I just want I see the light in this long dark tunnel

Are you taking benzos still. U taking methadone with benzo is dangerous and withdrawals r way worse that way.

Try and get some medical attention, that is way too high of a dose to jump off of, and if you have been using xanax regularly than it will make the detox more stressful.

I was on methadone for roughly the same amount of time and was taking xanax when I cold turkey'd and I ended up in a psych ward because I was hallucinating so hard.

There are plenty of people on this site that have done it though.

I seriously suggest getting on suboxone if at all possible, it will give your brain a chance to actually get past the methadone withdrawal, methadone is so strong and you don't realize how high youve constantly been until you try and detox.

Went on subs for 5 years after methadone, and had I not I doubt I would be alive, but certainly wouldn't have been able to have stayed off methadone without subs.

All the best and pm me if you need someone to talk to.