Methadone Withdrawal - Need HELP!!

Req969

Greenlighter
Hey everybody, this is my first post. I have been on methadone for a little over 4 years and this week I really messed up. I am on a 99mg dose, and I get 2 weeks of take homes. Well this week I just straight messed up and I now I am here on Day 3 without methadone already hurting very badly. I am terrified. I have no health insurance and I am truly just very scared. I do not go back to the clinic all the way until Friday. I have no idea what to do...please offer me some insight and advice. I really need it. Thanks..

Dude man, I can relate. I went on methadone for pain management 17 years ago at age 45. 100 mgs daily for 17 fuckin years. I'm now age 62 & the last time I went to the pain clinic (June 22), I was told the feds were cracking down on high doses of pain meds...right after that dipshit Prince OD'd & sent the Rx's for pain into a tail-spin. Feds told the doctors to lower everyone or face a license revocation. I had been getting 3 months worth of Rx's at a time...300/10 mg pills monthly. In June, I was given 3 months' worth, but it went from 300 to 240 to 180 to 90. I knew then & there that I will no longer be a puppet for my pills & needed to do a taper.
Normally, especially after 17 yrs, you're supposed to be tapered at 1-2 mgs weekly = 1-2 years!! I had to do a 2 yr taper in 90 days. Fuckin brutal...3 months of sheer hell. Methadone has such a long 1/2 life, it takes forever to get outta your system. 1/2 life on morphine? 5 hours. Methadone 1/2 life = 1-2 WEEKS! Every other narcotic is like 5-7 day withdrawal. I'm on day 37 & am about 75% well. Each day gets easier, but I've heard others who've kicked methadone on less time & a lesser dose take up to 3-6 MONTHS before they're back to 100%.
My advice is to start a taper when you go back Friday. Weed helps tremendously, which I've been tokin for 47 yrs & have never had 1 problem with. I'll go a week or 2 without smoking & it doesn't pull at me in the least. In fact, at my age, I'm experiencing 'reverse tolerance'. I only need a couple hits & am blasted.
Anyway man...my only advice is to get off that shit ASAP. The doctors / feds call the shots & they don't give a rat's ass about any 1 of us. You gotta take control of your situation & not let these dickhead doctors string you along only to cut you off. I wish you the best of luck & it is do-able...but stock up on weed, get ready for a walk thru hell...but once you come out the other side, you'll be glad you took that walk. You can do it dude. If I could kick a 17 yr addiction of 100 mgs a day at age 62...you can too. If you need to talk, I'll keep an eye on your thread. Start soon, as who knows what's in store down the road. I still only get like 4-5 hrs of sleep & feel exhausted. I figure by 2017, I should be feeling much better. The hard part is the 1st step = stopping...just make sure you taper, as cold turkey off methadone is horrible. Maybe you can tell the clinic someone stole your doses & need something until Friday. My best to you.

Get some Kratom and use it sparingly when you feel like you just can't take it, I had to kick it a 4 year methadone habit recently in jail and a 4-6mg Xanax habit I'm gonna be honest I felt like I was losing my mind it's such a long horrible thing no sleep,cold chills, anxiety depression and it seems like it will never end but I promise it gets better, lope helps clonidine helps but there's no magic cure benzos are kinds helpful but that can be just as bad to come off if you get hooked which isn't that hard to get hooked. Make sure to get enough fluids, Gatorade or water is good, make yourself exercise I know it's real hard but when you can do it you will feel better, like the poster above me said even being off it this long, I have days where I can sleep 4-7 hours some nights I toss and turn but the physical back is really pretty much all gone through I have days like today where I get real depressed and crave doing anything to feel better it's best to stay busy don't just lay in bed it makes it worst. Best of luck I hope this help thay shit is a real bitch to kick and stay off but where there a will there's a way good luck

Never had a real problem coming off benzos, but methadone is a living hell. Get off that shit & don't look back.