Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Methadone VS Subutex

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
Hi all.

Which would you go on? All experiences are very welcome, including which is easier to get on weekly pickups, less hassle from doctors, side efftects etc. etc.

I'm curently on 10mg subutex and it's been a lifesaver. For the first 2 hour or so after getting my daily dose I even get a small but nice buzz . I do still crave gear like fucker though, but obviously there's no chance of using on such a high dose.

I was thinking of switching to meth, def. NOT to use on top, but because it feels more like a real opiate and may kill my cravings better. Does the niceness of methadone disappear quite quickly? Ive been on subs for 6 months now on the same dose and it feels just about the same as when i first started on it; is this different with the jollop?

Will methadone help better with back pain and anxiety?

Also, I LOVE the taste of methdaone, subutex tastes pretty rank IMO.

Thanks!

I went for subutex, I knew with Methadone I would just take the piss more / didn't like the fact it's referred to as 'liquid handcuffs' and the thought of a more prolonged withdrawal than smack with the only benefit being I could once in a while use on top / hoard the juice etc wasn't that appealing.

If you're serious about it, you'll do it no matter the route. If not, prepare to try and try again.

I have just switched to meth from subby, I kept fucking my script because I kept using, and when I was taking I was taking loads of diazepam, av moved to meth & even tho I have stopped the benders, used here & there for a day but not repeated days like I did with subby, for me I think meth and my few vals help better than subby did, but I see why subby can be good, if your ready to totally be out of the opoid feelings go for subby, if you feel the need of an opoid still go for meth, subby holds you longer for sure if I take my meth early I wake up basically rattling , if a use & don't take it too say 3/4 am ok for a few hours in the morning.

But I think it's simply put down to , are you ready to walk away from opioids and it's feelings, yes then go for subby, if you still want that feeling go for meth.

I sniffed a bag out of bordem earlier & cause I had 2 zopiclone & no benzos left, was to help the zops, chilled out , but my vals man hasn't got back to me & heard he didn't have today , and he never does not answer my txs, when he does get sorted it's about this time, so hopefully he txs me soon got somebody in squaring me up, man needs to get in touch lol

I've been on both. Currently on zubsolv. Was on mmt for four years. The niceness of methadone will wear off. It will get to the point where you will just want to sleep after dosing. It made me extremely unmotivated, insanely lethargic, and I gained 100 lbs on it. I will say I do think it kills pain better though. And the dosing regimen is much stricter, fail one drug test and there goes your take homes. Back to going to the clinic everyday. I feel much better on the zubsolv (sub's) of course you may have a different experience but I would never go back to methadone. I seriously could have slept 24/7. It was an overwhelming type of sleepiness (not the good nodding off kind) the first couple weeks as they where rapidly raising my dose I got high as fuck, nodding off, itching the whole nine but after a few weeks it was pretty much just unwanted side effects and sleepyness with zero euphoria or high feeling. I know that's not the point of methadone by my zubsolv gives me a nice little glow every single day. The trick with sub's is less is more. Once you find the right dose its great. That's just my experience, you couldn't pay me to go back to mmt.

From what I've seen second hand (i,e,, living around other people who were prescribed those drugs, as opposed to being prescribed them myself) methadone is for stopping on, subutex is for getting off. I have seen one person get clean using suboxone, then relapse and start using again; my other friend remained on the same dose of methadone the whole time ..... Make of that what you will .....

Meth leaves some µ-receptors free, so you can use on top of it; subs occupy them all and won't let anything else get in, even although the stuff doesn't tickle the receptors as hard as meth or gear would. And there probably is some powerful psychological lesson in trying, fruitlessly, to use on top of subs.

Still, and I'm sure I've said the same thing before already, there is no way to get off gear -- even temporarily -- without having something else lined up to fall back on instead of getting wasted -- a secondary displacement activity to displace the primary displacement activity, i.e. drug-taking. If you don't start, or at least choose, some sort of project for your New Clean Life, you are just going to be on a hiding to nothing. Learn a language, play an instrument, play a sport, create a work of art, learn to drive, whatever; only you can decide what's right. It has to be something that you find both challenging and rewarding in the correct proportion, and preferrably can do to a significantly better standard while off drugs than while on them. In the end, having a long-term alternative to heroin is more important than what short-term alternative gets you through.

So far av not put a extra pound of weight on, hasn't made me want to eat all the time either, constipation I thought was back on subs, worse on meth & that's what I hate most about opiates, but not enough not to use it would seem.

That's what I worry, like right now I feel lovely, probs no different to like a bag or 2, & that's just 40ml of meth and 12 5mg diazies in the one go, it's helped loads last few weeks my gear has decreased loads , sniffed a bag last night only cause I had just 2 zops, vals man didn't have, plus had green so was chasing a small dunt & got it, went to my vals man at 10ish & I got what I was after , happy days! Got energy , gonna tidy a bit after this post, but I could also just sit here and smoke more pollen too , as I said feels like a bag or 2, what am able to do just now , if i can keep this going , smack will be once in a while thing.

Thanks guys.

I am quite happy on the subs and don't know if the hassle of switching is worth it. I'd imagine I'd have to be titrated up slowly on the meth and they'd be reluctant to give me more than 40ml as I'd be going from subutex and (even though I'm sure this is bullshit) I've heard that doctors think subutex in high doses is only equipotent to 30ml meth.

I dont like the sound of waking up rattling either, is this the case with meth?

I am still definitely considering the switch. I'll speak to my key worker about how difficult it is.

I think I am waking up rattling because I need an extra 10ml or so, when I use gear I use a far bit, but after I get my dose my diazepam cover it, and if you can get in a routine of taking your meth at around whatever time you want and you'll be fine , I go early as not to be seen, so I need it early being on a low dose, that's how my diazepam help , big time. My chemist doesn't start giving us junkies our meth, at half 9, half hour after it opens. So if am up about 8, few vals covers it till I get down.

With me & subby, when I was just on that I would take crazy amounts of diazepam because I felt there was a hole subby didn't fill for me, but with the benzos on top it was ok.

I was against meth, hated it. Said I would never, but it ain't that bad, I need to tweak it a little & get the constipation sorted lol , il be ok.

If you don't want opiates anymore , subby all day long , if not meth!

I will probs go to 50ml & stay there for a while to be stable & get my shit together, my benzo use isn't crazy & compared to smack it's a walk in the park. I know one day I will have to stop , but not right now when I feel like am stable

And I think i have got my benzo use down to a tee, ma ma & da usually notice when av hud some , that some being over 10, like 6 yellows in the morning am easy and it's help me, am not abusing them, well the odd time i take more than I need with a smoke , sometimes a bag, but that is getting rarer these days, few vals and good green/pollen that's enough your chilled at night

To the dude that said meth made him lazy, I just tidied like fuck, and i smoked a pollen joint before, gonna smoke my first green joint of the day. Might be a different story then but I will still need to do things today, am not lazy & that's with benzos I take , were all different that how people need to think carefully about maintainnce , the one I said I wouldn't take is well better than the subby, am feeling stable on 40ml durning the day and am down to about 10/15 5mg diazies, on subby i would take like 30/50 vals a day easy, live was a blur for while, but i think av found what's good for me.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I am quite happy on the subs and don't know if the hassle of switching is worth it. I'd imagine I'd have to be titrated up slowly on the meth and they'd be reluctant to give me more than 40ml as I'd be going from subutex and (even though I'm sure this is bullshit) I've heard that doctors think subutex in high doses is only equipotent to 30ml meth.

I dont like the sound of waking up rattling either, is this the case with meth?

I am still definitely considering the switch. I'll speak to my key worker about how difficult it is.

I've never been on subs, simply because they weren't available when I first went into 'treatment'. But I've spent over a decade in slavery to the green. Don't do it mate - it's a fuckin insidious drug that will rob you of everything that makes you human...

I only had methadone a couple of times for emergencies, but my experience with subutex wasn't a straightforward 'started tapering, then next thing you knew I was clean' it took a couple years of fucking up, going back to gear, going back to subs, rinsing and repeating until I'd finally had enough.

I only had methadone a couple of times for emergencies, but my experience with subutex wasn't a straightforward 'started tapering, then next thing you knew I was clean' it took a couple years of fucking up, going back to gear, going back to subs, rinsing and repeating until I'd finally had enough.

That's opiate addiction in a nutshell...

But methadone does tend to prolong the agony, as well as providing stability...

I like methadone for long-term use, with one caveat: DON'T GET ARRESTED! After 9 months in treatment, I got busted and had to spend 45 days in jail. PURE HELL! I swear I didn't sleep a wink the first two weeks and very little after that. Also: severe body aches, tremors, cold sweats, weakness, deep depression. The pain & depression lasted over a month. I wouldn't wish it on anybody... well, maybe a couple of people. Never experienced sub withdrawal, so I don't know how it compares.

I've gone through both more than once and I think methadone withdrawal is way worse. Some people say the opposite but for me methadone withdrawal lasts FOREVER. One of the posters above said methadone robs you of your humanity, and he is spot on. After awhile you just can't find joy in anything and your perfectly content doing nothing but sleeping. It did help me get my life on track, but it is such a nasty drug especially in the long run. I would stick with the subs. As far as waking up feeling a little sick, it seems it was a crap shoot for me. Sometimes I could go two days without my dose and not feel too bad. Other days I woke up feeling rough. They dont call it liquid handcuffs for nothing. I implore you to think long and hard before making the switch. Good luck either way, addiction sucks sweaty asshole, so either way I'm rooting for you.

hmmm... THANKS BL CROO!

the consensus here seems to be stick with the subbies. i very well may do that. when i really be honest with myself, my biggest motivation for switching to the jollop is an opiate glow which sn't really there with the subs and is what im missing. maybe i should instead work on filling that gonkoloid-mong-hole with something beneficial to my career/health/wealth.

maybe extreme ironing, maybe ill write the next best novel of our generation, maybe ill start drinking frosties, maybe yoga.....

but thank you for your input chap/pettes - looks like i may stay on subutex for at least a little while longer....

any more points or experiences are more than welcome though!

That seems like a very good idea. If you wanted to switch to methadone for the opiate glow its my opinion you would be very disappointed in a week or two into treatment. I promise you it disappears. And for me using dope on top of methadone was just as fruitless as with sub's. Even if you do get a glimmer of a high once in awhile its certainly not worth what you would pay for gear. I would love to see you write the next great novel! And hell frosties are delicious!

I have been on Subutex. Methadone. Suboxone. Then back on Methadone and currently an still on methadone. I graduated from high school in 2001 and around 21 I was doing opioids daily.

DOLOPHINE (METHADONE)
As far as ease...you can check into a clinic usually 1 or 2 days a week during the week and takes anywhere from 1 to 4 hours to get you in get you a counselor then talk to the head dr then finally get dosed that day the starting dose is 30mg max. You must also provide a dirty UA to prove you are in fact an opioid dependent person or they wont take you as a patient. the clinics have phases so basically you start at 12 which is mon - sat and they give you a takehome dose Saturday for Sunday because all clinics are closed on Sundays . you come every morning usually 6am to 11am and 6am to 10am on Saturdays. You can go up to 120mg per day (which I was at in the clinic) I have a friend in a clinic on 150mg if you want to go over 120mg you have to do a peak and trough test which is a more in depth test to see exactly how fast your body is metabolizing it, in his case it was due to the large amount of Monster energy drinks that were making him metabolize the methadone a little faster than most. Once you are at a clinic usually after the second month and have clean UA with methadone only in then they give you an extra day of takehomes if you continue to have clean UA for methadone only within a year you can get full monthly take homes, my buddy is eligible for month long takehomes but he chooses to go once every 2 weeks cos he cant afford it all at once, and he doesn't want to run out early and be without for a long time which makes sense I guess. But he gets his 2 week supply on Saturdays so you go in on Saturday and dose they then give you enough to last 13 days on the 14th day you take your last bottle in sealed and take I in front of the nurse. And yes if you had a bad habit and still want to use suboxone probably isn't for you , it works well but I also still had cravings while on buprenorphine products. With Methadone I feel much better since its a full agonist (full agonists include Oxycodone Codeine Fentanyl etc its a full on opioid painkiller) and no a partial agonist like suboxone. Now you are wrong when you say that Suboxone has a blocking dose because it doesn't, I was on methadone for about 6 years at 120mg and I tried everything to get high (except needle, have never will never) only thing that would breakthrough it was fent patches orally.....that says a lot. With Suboxone I was told that you couldn't get high while on it or you would just get sick from the naloxone.......well the first time I slipped my girlfriend gave me 4 roxy 30mg.....which was a joke to me being on methadone so long and now Suboxone, well I snorted those pills and I got ridiculously high, like I had not taken anything in 6months, which then just led to me having a street addiction again....suboxone works but its just not good enough are my thoughts. and yes you do get the nice calm sedated feeling about an hr after you dose with methadone. And hell yes Methadone will help dramatically with your back and anxiety I am prescribed 100mg methadone and 6mg Xanax daily.....when I switched to suboxone my anxiety grew as well and at least on methadone I don't think about getting high because nothing can really break through doses of 80mg and higher daily....imo 10mg of methadone is equivalent to 30mg of oxycodone....in chronic doses methadone is MUCH stronger than oxycodone mg for mg}