• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone to Suboxone Questions

Inevective

Greenlighter
Hey guys! New to the forum. I'm currently undergoing the transfer from Methadone to Suboxone. I've been taking about 30mg daily (4 doses of 3/4 tsp out of each 120mg bottle) or every other day (as funds/avalability permitted) for around 5 years. I finally have gotten fed up with it and want to switch. My doctor told me to wait 72 Hrs and take a quarter of an 8mg tablet. They gave me at-home drug testing kit and said if I test negative after a few days then it was safe to induct. I'm doing an at home induction and they also prescribed Gabapentin for RLS? Not sure why they prescribed that. They said would help witb withdrawal. I took a reduced dose yesterday of 10mg or so of Methadone and nothing today. I am somewhat concerned about switching over and still getting withdrawal symptoms even after 72 hours. My girlfriend would take 20mg about once or twice a week and she was able to take a Sub after 4 days with no effects. My main questions are: Is it as seemless as they make it sound? Is it true if I do the at home Methadone urine test with a negative result, it's safe to take the Sub? Will i still have withdrawal from Methadone even after I'm on the Subs? Lastly, does anyone have a positive story about switching to Suboxone where they didnt take the Sub early? Thanks so much for reading and replying if you do. I just want away from drugs and Methadone.

-Inevective