• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

. methadone to oxycontin doses

mamabethj1

Greenlighter
I have been on methadone for many years for pain. I was on 50mg/ 4x day. I don't absorb things well because of my gastric bypass, that is why the dose is so high. But I ended up with a heart problem from it, prolonged qt intervals. So now they are changing me to oxycontin. What is the equivalent of 50mg of methadone to ?MG of oxytocin? I am on 60mg/4x day now of the oxytocin, but it doesn't seem to help near as much as when I was on methadone. I just wanted to know what mg of oxytocin is equal to what I was taking of the methadone.
Thank you!

OxyContin is an extended release medication. You as a gastric bypass patient are to avoid ANY extended release medications because they are not going to break down properly. You should ask your doctor for Roxycodone (Oxycodone) it is the same active ingredient that is in OxyContin just in an immediate release form. I have also had the procedure done on 10/23/2013 and I understand fully your dilemma. My doctor had to up my dosage from 180 30's (blues) to 360 30's per month and 180 10's (pinks). That seems to be a good number for me.

=D Hello Beth and Blazer...Not much to offer and don't want to hijack thread. Just wanted to say "Hello and Welcome".

I am almost 30 years (1987) post GB (roux-n-y loop). I lost all of my weight and have kept it off, but lost my health as well.

I am 22 years (1993-94)post total hysterectomy w/ovaries and tubes removed due to Stage 4 Endometriosis. It took 3 surgeries and several series of Lupron. It's complicated. Bone loss and subsequent arthritis are the cherry on top of my "shit sundae".

I would like to discuss my enrollment in Pain (non)Management since I surrendered to it in 2014 with y'all. I've had no success in obtaining relief because of absorption/metabolism issues that my asshole doctor doesn't even try to understand. I'm subscribing to this thread, hoping y'all will let me come in and learn from you.

Thanks...DixiChik

Absolutely DixiChik. I had the RNY on 10/23/2013 I was almost 500 pounds. I have lost 287 pounds. I am now at 206. I was a 60in in the waist now I am a 32. So I feel AWESOME. I have had zero complications at all. As far as meds go NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING extended release works for me now. Everything I take HAS to be IR. Most doctors are idiots when it comes to understanding the effects that bariactric surgery has on the effects on medicine.