Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methadone/Subxone Cost Changing

JS-Reborn

Greenlighter
Hey all thought I'd post this up here as I havnt seen anything about it I'm not sure if this is aus wide but at the very least has been in affect from July 1st in WA....all opoid dependence treatment (ODT) will be placed on the pharmaceutical benefit scheme. For people who hold a health care card that means you will only need to pay the bare minimum for each script no more extra for take aways or anything like that. just the cost of the script each time it's dispensed.If you do not hold a health care card it will now cost $30 per script or $7.60 if you're on a health care card (admins pls remove prices if not aloud ) I think this is great for the community and will result in a lot more people going on the program and kicking opioids the price is what wasI'm holding me backto at first having to get togetherthe 2 weeks worth of doses before being aloud to dose was the hardest first step I had to take going onto methadone. I can already feel difference

Last edited:
Yeah, I got a pleasant surprise when I went to the chemist on Monday. I had heard something when listening to the details of the budget , but I was not aware of the implications. I think the pharmacist was happier though. he no longer has to try and get the customers to part with their money every week. I'm sure he would have heard every excuse in the book, and probably a few that are not in the book.

Yeah, I got a pleasant surprise when I went to the chemist on Monday. I had heard something when listening to the details of the budget , but I was not aware of the implications. I think the pharmacist was happier though. he no longer has to try and get the customers to part with their money every week. I'm sure he would have heard every excuse in the book, and probably a few that are not in the book.
Yeah it makes much more sense for everyone. I assume they’ll be paid the ‘dispensing fee’ directly via the government now.

Yeah it makes much more sense for everyone. I assume they’ll be paid the ‘dispensing fee’ directly via the government now
I'm fairly sure they were already being paid via the government plus the doser (fairly sure they would match what they charged dose dosed dollar for dollar) so yeah I assume the government is covering the rest of the cost the doser would have been paid... I've always said if it was free it would have much more suaccess I know 5-8$ a day dosent seem like much but then you got cpuplesa who have used together so double that price and when I first went on to the program I could not find a chemist that would dose me without being paid up a fortnight in advanced as a junkie that 2 weeks of money seems like so so much so hopefully it'll help people take that first step a bit easier best step I ever took

Just realized the picture I posted that I got from a provodor is waythere out of format no one could read that any suggest a picbit uploading site so yall can read in detail about it