• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone-->Suboxone

Azulon

Greenlighter
So here goes
Been on methadone for a long time, over 10 years. I maxed out at 120mg but over time I got down to 30mg. Not sure what's come over me later, but I've been double dosing a few days out of my months supply and end up running out the week before I'm supposed to go back to the clinic.
It is ludicrously easy to get Suboxone, so I have 60 8mg strips.
I dosed methadone on Wednesday at 5am, 60mg.
Thursday (FREAKING THANKSGIVING) I took nothing. Felt off the whole day, minor withdrawal symptoms.

I work retail so Black Friday rolls around the corner and I had to be at work at 4am. Felt pretty damned sick, so I took 2mg of Suboxone at around 2:30am and BAM, precipitated withdrawal. During the busiest day of the year, like an idiot.

Mind you, I had done this last month successfully, no precip withdrawal, but I tapered the methadone dose down better.

Here it is Saturday, and I've taken 4mg of the Suboxone and I feel better....ish.

Any suggestions on how to dose the Suboxone from Saturday to Friday when I get my methadone? Should I taper? I have to work Tue, Wed, Thur. Sickness not an option in my job, high stress, long days.

I'd really like to maybe have a couple days where I can double dose my methadone. I'm afraid to ask for a dose increase because they may think that signals instability and take away my monthly status, which I worked damned hard for.

I have a bit of knowledge when it comes to methadone and suboxone,,,, never ever ever take suboxone unless you are if full blow wishing you were dead withdrawal already...if you were doing better st a higher dose of methadone, and by better I mean not feeling the need to double dose, maybe you dropped your dose too fast, there is nothing wrong with needing an increase, your cravings and short supply at the end of the week could lead to desperation and desperation leads to fucking up worse , increasing your dose is not a sign of backsliding, its a sign that you need a little more time for you body to adjust to that low of a dose. Your listening to your body and being aware that your current dose is making u vulnerable and uncomfortable...that's being responsible,...not backsliding...go back up before those cravings get the best of you ...and suboxone is the devil..traumatized me. Just my opinion.. your doing amazing...

I have a bit of knowledge when it comes to methadone and suboxone,,,, never ever ever take suboxone unless you are if full blow wishing you were dead withdrawal already...if you were doing better st a higher dose of methadone, and by better I mean not feeling the need to double dose, maybe you dropped your dose too fast, there is nothing wrong with needing an increase, your cravings and short supply at the end of the week could lead to desperation and desperation leads to fucking up worse , increasing your dose is not a sign of backsliding, its a sign that you need a little more time for you body to adjust to that low of a dose. Your listening to your body and being aware that your current dose is making u vulnerable and uncomfortable...that's being responsible,...not backsliding...go back up before those cravings get the best of you ...and suboxone is the devil..traumatized me. Just my opinion.. your doing amazing...
Why is Suboxone the devil? Because you experienced precipitated withdrawal? Or another reason? I'm considering going on it because I lost my monthly carries from drinking a small amount of alcohol (on only 35mg methadone,) and I need to be able to travel for work. But the more I read about it the more I get scared. It sounds like the Antabuse of opioids, no real high just no wd's and no ability to use anything else. I'm more afraid of that than the precipitated withdrawal.