• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Methadone question???

Pru

Greenlighter
Hey y'all I have a little stockpile of takehome's. About a month's worth. Been saving them for emergency, whatever. My question is, the older one (i swap them with fresh when I get new ones) but some of the older one's that are 6-7 weeks old some have little black dots or "floaties" in them. Just a couple. The bottle has never been opened. What is that? Is it still ok to take? Or just trash it? Thanks - and btw- Im new, this is my first post, and Im hoping to get to know some of you! Peace!

That is mold. Its probably OK to take it as long its not a lot. Went I was getting 2 week takehomes would sometimes see that. Have had doses sitting around for so long I just tossed it out when I found it. I would imagine eating too much mold it could get you sick.

If water or something has been added, around 2-3 weeks they may start to go bad. Would imagine by 2 months they could be getting maybe not safe to drink, at least not daily I wouldn't. Google what will drinking mold do to you. But its certainly mold.

You can try freezing. Other experiences may differ but felt that kept them better than just room temperature (always dark cool place. If you have them on your window collecting sunlight a plant may grow out of that bad boy).

Last edited:
That is mold. Its probably OK to take it as long its not a lot. Went I was getting 2 week takehomes would sometimes see that. Have had doses sitting around for so long I just tossed it out when I found it. I would imagine eating too much mold it could get you sick.

If water or something has been added, around 2-3 weeks they may start to go bad. Would imagine by 2 months they could be getting maybe not safe to drink, at least not daily I wouldn't. Google what will drinking mold do to you. But its certainly mold.

You can try freezing. Other experiences may differ but felt that kept them better than just room temperature (always dark cool place. If you have them on your window collecting sunlight a plant may grow out of that bad boy).
the clinic used to add water to my take-homes, and then they stopped and decided we could do it ourselves, and my guess is for the possiblity of something yucky happening. These bottles have never been opened, and kept in a lock box, in a dresser. Mold-the little dirty @$xx@! Thats what I was afraid of. Thanks for the reply

I had stockpiled take home Methadose in tang stored in fridge for literally 1 year plus....a few 2 years in fridge.

drank them and were perfect. Potency, taste, etc. Little stuff on bottom, but was tang crystalline powder that settled

Stored in the fridge it will last long.