• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

methadone question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyB1990

Greenlighter
Hey guys, am currently on 120 MG a day of methadone, (am on the program due to heavy opiate addiction). I have quit drinking and all other drugs for two years now but I still get the urge to get a buzz. I have never been a iv user but I used to eat around 8 80mg oxy a day. Want to know is there a way I can get a kick off having extra methadone? (Have drank 360 MG before and it didn't feel any different to my usual 120mg) if not, how any days would I need to be off the done before I would feel the effects of any other opiate? Cheers

Perhaps try rectal administration of methadone . Idk what kind of solution you get it in and I'm not sure if it makes a difference but ya that's pretty much the only thing I can think of

It's a 120mg dilute in 100ml of water, they don't give done pills to anyone on MMT in Aus. Yeah not too keen on shoving anything up my ass, probably not all that possible anyway with it being in liquid..but cheers for the advice anyway..

Hey Johnny and welcome to Bluelight if you haven't already been welcomed. One of the first things you should do as a new member is to familiarize yourself with the rules and guidelines of the forum. We are a society based upon the philosophy of Harm Reduction. We are not overtly "pro-drug" or "anti-drug" here, although all are entitled to their opinions, we are here to keep people safe.

For this reason, we don't allow threads that essentially are asking how the user can get high. We will only direct you toward relative safety and not give you direct tips on how to get more fucked up. This would be contrary to the nature that we intend to exist in.

With that said, I can give you a quick tip. I don't know much, but I (unfortunately) know Methadone and Opioids as a whole like the back of my hand. Methadone has been a mainstay treatment for Opioid addiction for decades now. Why you ask? It's because it's a pretty effective medication in the management of addiction if dosed according to plan. At a dose of 120mg, a buzz from Opioids is firmly out of your reach. I'm sorry to say that, but you're a dog chasing the car down the street. You're not gonna catch it.

If you wish to return to the buzz of Opioids in favor of cleanliness and believe me, there would be no judgment from this guy if you did, then you must taper from the Methadone. Even at 30mg of regular dosing, a ten bag shot of Springfield, MA Heroin registered as a tickle to my system, while the runner who got it for me was drooling over his McDouble over a 2 bagger.

It just won't work. This is why you constantly hear of Methadone Maintenance patients turning to alternate substances i.e. Alcohol, Cocaine and most importantly, Benzodiazepines. By doing this, you're screwing yourself in the most extreme way. You would be better off without the Methadone and using Heroin, but my advice is to stay on the Methadone and investigate other means of attaining a buzz.

I'll add, that I've taken double and triple doses of Methadone at the 100mg dosing level. The most I ever felt was the strong urge to nap a few hours later...

Status
Not open for further replies.