• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone question(s)

zhenyabkny

Greenlighter
Can anyone advise me if they ever overdosed on methadone and specifications as to time lapse of symptoms. Also if I drink 800mg in one dose would I just fall asleep and die piecefully or will I vomit and experience pain or any type of agony? Basically I just want to know for no specific reason other than research.

If you didn't have a tolerance to Opioids, you would certainly die. When end-of-life euthanasia is administered, usually with some kind of Barbiturate, an anti-emetic is typically administered.

It would be hard to say how quickly you would be dead. I assume that your last moments would probably consist of violent emesis. Methadone is a long-acting Opioid. This is not what one would want. A large injection of Heroin with an oral Benzodiazepine 30 mins prior would be better suited to this task.

If you are really suffering and have no relief in site, then I respect your right to end your life. If this is the case, I would reccoment goint to a "right to die" state like Oregon or Vermont and have a physician oversee the process.

If you are considering suicide due to depression or anxiety, then PM me and we can talk about it. We can also talk about it right here. We are like Planet Fitness, this is a judgement free zone.

Orally administered methadone is insidious in its effects, thanks to its very lipophilic nature it can take several hours or more to reach peak effects.

The Methadose concentrate common where I live is thoroughly unpleasant in taste and texture though. Some people find it difficult enough to stomach 5 mL or so. It would not surprise me if most people ended up vomiting most of a massive overdose up before it was absorbed.

I have heard from friends of mine that some opioid overdoses are actually quite unpleasant, hardly serene at all. My good friend had a close call with a large dose of IV dihydroheroin, his whole damn face was swollen up from the histamine release and he felt like utter shit as he recovered.

The widespread availability of naloxone kits and public awareness campaigns about opioid OD and promoting naloxone use means that there is a nonzero probability that a passerby may step in and revive you. Generally this is a good thing, but if you are seriously considering this as a means of euthanasia this may be a concern.