• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone or Morphine?

justtakethat

Bluelighter
And why, (recreational use)
-also open for any harm reduction insight that needs to be offered so don't close this please.

Methadone all the way! With no tolerance a small bump of methadone feels great and lasts all day. I mean small! Like 5mg and don't dose twice in 24 hours for safety's sake.

I used to use both fairly heavily. My average daily intake was approximately 180 - 300mg Morphine Sulfate or 40-60mg methadone. I preferred morphine.

As stated above, methadone is incredibly potent. My first opioid experience was 30mg of methadone without a tolerance, or having ever used any opioid. I was incredibly ill for days.

^See? 30mg methadone will make you puke for days. 5mg plus some good weed is a safe starting point.

Seriously... about 5 hours post ingestion and smoking a bunch if pot I started vomiting and nodding uncontrollably. I was in a field, nearly choked on the puke cuz it wouldn't stop. Had to call a friend to literally carry me home and I slept for 2 days.

That sucks chemist, I usually take 10 to 15mgs of done and some benedryl or hydroxyzinw helps. Definitely smoke weed with any opiate CfZrx.

Make no mistake, Methadone is a pretty dangerous drug to the novice Opioid/general drug user. What makes it so dangerous? Well, I won't mince words here. Methadone carries with it a significant risk of respiratory depression, as do virtually all Opioids. It's a potent Mu agonist, just like Morphine and according to clinical reports, may produce proportionately more severe respiratory depression mg for mg, although I don't have references right in front of me at the moment.

Why are novice users most in danger (besides brutally obvious rationale)? Well, I believe I can say with safety that the majority of drugs used today in a recreational fashion have a relatively predictable course of action. It will vary by ROA and other variables, but in general, if one consumes a drug, they can expect the onset of effects and for that matter the duration, to follow at least relatively similar paths. If I eat an Oxycodone pill or an Amphetamine or a Benzodiazepine, I will typically expect effects within 20 mins - 1 hour.

For one who is only meagerly experienced with drugs, Methadone can be dangerous because it can take at least one hour for primary central effects to really kick in and up to 5 hours for some for maximum respiratory depression to be reached. This throws a lot of people off significantly. Maybe, they hear how powerful Methadone supposedly is and are let down when they don't feel much around the 45 min - 1 hour mark. Maybe they decide to drink a couple beers or pop a Benzodiazepine as to "not waste the experience". As they slowly drift out of consciousness, minute by minute, they become much less likely to suddenly come to the realization that they are over-intoxicated.

It's my firm belief that this is the primary danger associated with toxic overdose when Methadone is compared directly to short(er) acting agonists of the same type like Morphine/Heroin. As far as recreational benefits, that's not something I or the forums like to establish as primary topics of discussion.

As a post-script, do a little research concerning a drug that was produced in a significant way in the 60's known as DOM (2,5-Dimethoxy-4-methylamphetamine) alternatively known as STP (Strength, Tranquility, Peace) on the street. I think the concensus was that it was just not a great drug anyway, but a lot of folks who were used to taking the relatively faster-acting substance LSD-25 (Acid) often had difficult experiences as they would re-dose before the effects of the original dose became apparent. It's an analgous situation, but I feel it totally rings true, save that the DOM was not nearly as acutely dangerous as something like Methadone, with the primary consequence being panic, anxiety etc.

oral methadone is better than oral morphine, as is rectal.
both pretty much suck for insufflation, hbut morphine takes blows 'done out of the water (as well as most othter drugs too aha_)
how were yuou planning of taking it? (ツ

Last edited:
Seriously... about 5 hours post ingestion and smoking a bunch if pot I started vomiting and nodding uncontrollably. I was in a field, nearly choked on the puke cuz it wouldn't stop. Had to call a friend to literally carry me home and I slept for 2 days.
damn bro, glad you made it out alive!

^See? 30mg methadone will make you puke for days. 5mg plus some good weed is a safe starting point.
THIS 5/10mg methadone will have you nodding for 12 hours if your opiate nieve way more recreational than mophine imo

Becoming that intoxicated on Methadone or any Opioid is no joke. 30mg Methadone can kill an Opioid naive individual pretty easily. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you feel you might be over-intoxicated, you should do your best to lie on your side or even face down. It can make a big difference.

real talk ^ lol. Methadone is so potent. and last for so long. Not only is the "mg to mg" completely incomparable (between morphine and methadone), the duration of the high is completely different as well, not to mention the high is absolutely different..

I remember my first time taking a methadone, I had been experimenting with other opioids for about 4 months (essentially opiate naive/moderate) and I took 10mg. At the time, I was really into hydros and oxys, so when I was handed one 10mg m'done, I wasn't expecting to feel it much. Boy, I almost puked about 2-3 hours into the high. I didn't realize how long it lasted. I had also been drinking, too. Drinking while on m'dones is dangerous and imho fucking retarded.\
Personally, I prefer dones over morphine for my own reasons primarily because it lasts way longer, and it actually gives me energy, believe it or not.

Last edited:
oral methadone is better than oral morphine, as is rectal.
both pretty much suck for insufflation, hbut morphine takes blows 'done out of the water (as well as most othter drugs too aha_)
how were yuou planning of taking it? (ツ
I was taking both orally, done burns the fuck out of my nose if I snort it. I understand the potency of done and the risks and such, does anyone find one to have more unpleasant or pleasant side effects than the other?

Methadone would be useful for recreation if used once in a while. I was on MMT for about 2 months and after the first month experienced hardly any good feeling from dosing (probably tolerance+half-life of methadone being super long).

Morphine on the other hand would be useful for recreational purposes whether you are using once in a while or everyday. The half-life is shorter so you will feel good from dosing over a longer period of time.

Edit: And please do not fuck around with methadone unless you are extremely tolerant to opioids. As said above, it takes a long time to kick in, will last all day, and causes a stacking effect if dosed consecutive days which can also lead to overdose even if you are taking the same amount every day.

Methadone would be useful for recreation if used once in a while. I was on MMT for about 2 months and after the first month experienced hardly any good feeling from dosing (probably tolerance+half-life of methadone being super long).

Morphine on the other hand would be useful for recreational purposes whether you are using once in a while or everyday. The half-life is shorter so you will feel good from dosing over a longer period of time.

Edit: And please do not fuck around with methadone unless you are extremely tolerant to opioids. As said above, it takes a long time to kick in, will last all day, and causes a stacking effect if dosed consecutive days which can also lead to overdose even if you are taking the same amount every day.
Opiates aren't super easy to OD off of, if I was feeling pretty high the next day and a bit sick that would be an indicator to not take more. I've never been "extremely tolerant to opiates" or dependant for longer than a week but I've been taking Done every once in a while for about 2 years, it's not something you're going to keep taking to the point of OD without any bad side effects.

I think as far as euphoria, they both rival each other in terms as the mellow and mild buzz, methadone has a longer half life making it more favored , as far as pain relief I would say methadone hands down, don't get me wrong I think morphine works great as well, it has a long duration for ME atleast as well