• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone is EXTREMELY strong.. Stronger than most think..

Ativanage2mg

Bluelighter
Ok, I recently visited my PM doctor, he gave me a script for 3 10mg Methadone a day, and 4 30mg Oxycodone a day.
My first dose, I knew they were some SUPER strong stuff.. But last night.. Is when I got shocked at how strong these bad boys are.

I have a friend who's 47, and has been using dope (Heroin) for 29 years, via injection..
he uses 2-2.5g daily.. For as long as he's been using.. You would think he would use a little more dope right?
I guess his connect is super legit and gets some fire dope.

So my friend was out of money yesterday, and was EXTREMELY dope sick.. I'm talking crawling on his knees, sweating like he just got out the shower, in extreme pain, and couldn't get up.
When I saw him he was a COMPLETE MESS (Obviously).. I asked him if he's ever tried Methadone.. He replied no.
I told him the best I can do is give you a couple 10mg Methadone pills, hopefully that will make you feel at least a little better. SoI handed him the pills, and of course consumed them immediately.
I stayed there for another couple hours, to make sure he would be alright.. 2.5 hours pass by.. He's up, energetic, wanting to go out and eat, and do anything possible.

I say to myself.. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.. I expect d him to just get some relief.. But it looked like he shot up a whole gram of dope in one shot.. No bullshit.

TWENTY NINE years of IV Heroin use.. And just TWENTY MG of Methadone would get someone with that high of a tolerance well like that?

Damn me if I wasn't shocked.. I was SUPER shocked.

Have you guys experienced something like this before? To you or a friend or loved one?

That's crazy, iirc methadone is more or less equipotent to heroin.

But imo this thread is not suited for OD, as OD is for harm reduction questions, I think Blogs would be the right place for this, or maybe BDD :)

Last edited:
There's no way that heroin and methadone are equipotent unless methadone just isn't a very good analgesic and we are only talking about their pain relieving qualities...but what what first came to mind when I read this thread was incomplete cross tolerance between methadone and morphinan opioids.

I do know it is all too common for even seasoned addicts to OD on methadone when they score it off the street because they can't get any dope, methadone takes a LONG time to peak, I'm talking like 6 hours, and it isn't very euphoric, so addicts will take some and think they aren't very high and take some more in a couple hours, start feeling good and then redose again trying to get high and before they know it they are waking up in the back of an ambulance from a shot of narcan(if they are lucky).

Methadone is very strong, yes. I actually od'd last year from it and clonazolam together, and I was using a lot of heroin at the time.

Though i think for 20mg of methy to get him high his gear mustn't be all that good.

There's no way that heroin and methadone are equipotent unless methadone just isn't a very good analgesic and we are only talking about their pain relieving qualities...
Yeah, it's called analgesic potency in germany, don't know the english term for it.
racematic methadone scores a 2, heroin a 2.5 and levomethadone a 4

I've never taken Methadone but yes it's extremely strong from what friends of mine who have taken it said.

One of The Best shots i ever had was when i was on 80mg of methadone.

Despite beeing on methadone i used h and coke everyday back than, usually i wouldn't feel much from the h....
But This one time i bought 10€ wirth of dope which is about 250mg and a 10€ crack rock. I prepared the shot, stuck it Inside me and pushed the plunger. Before the coke rush went by i allready felt the dope. Even on 80mg methadone this shot knocked me on my ass. I will never forget This one. It wasn't fentanyl as i had a strong histamine Release and it lasted for hours. It was insane, i couldnt look straight.

What i wanna say is that most dope is just shit and that is why You think that methadone is so strong. I mean it is strong but not as strong as You make it out to ne. With the regular dope we habe here you would need 50mg of methadone if you are used to 1g of average dope from what we have here. If your friend is used to 2g or even more and 20mg of done get him high his dope must be pretty bad.

Last edited:
that dope must have been shit, if he's shooting 2-2.5g a day and 20mg got him well. Yes, methadone is strong, but someone who was using that much smack of even decent quality would not have gotten well off of 20mg.

It's what almost took Eminem and he was downing painkillers like crazy at the time.

I used to do a gram of FIRE tar a day, the time I took 20mg done it did exactly jack shit.

that dope must have been shit, if he's shooting 2-2.5g a day and 20mg got him well. Yes, methadone is strong, but someone who was using that much smack of even decent quality would not have gotten well off of 20mg.

This. His dope is cut to hell. When I first went on methadone maintenance my tolerance wasn't as insane as it got later on so I was only shooting 1.5-2g a day and wasn't doing the other shit with my dope yet. It took 70mg to hold and I ended up on 100 before tapering off. Methadone IS a potent opioid absolutely but you're stretching it.

This isn't a discussion for OD. I'm not sure where to put it because you're not asking a question we'll try BDD.