• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

methadone - experiences.

weirhear

Greenlighter
Hi all,

Currently know of a close friend who has been gradually moved to a stable dose of 130mg of methadone after a decade long heroin battle. He's a heavier chap at 245lbs since starting and has experienced tremendous success at this dose. This June will mark the 1 year anniversary of MMT.

MMT was left as his last case tesort due to stigma and lifestye choices and prvious financil ability. After trying every treatment for a decade of hell; methadone seems to show promise. Most importantly ,meetings and lifestyle changes have come along as well. There is one occuring fear-tapering. The consistent fear of lofe without methadone and the struggle of weaning off. Right now it is a life saver and workinf 100%

If anyone can share successful tapering experiences or suggestions it would be so very appreciated. Thank you. God bless

Just take it slow with the taper. Maybe 3-5 mg reduction a week or so.

I was on a similar dose and then switched to suboxone for 5+ years. I now use kratom daily for maintenance.

130 a day

How was the transition to subs?
It wasnt too bad considering all the struggling i had been going through.

On the first visit the doc gave me 52 - 2 mg subs on a friday and told me to take what i needed to feel normal and i went back on monday to let him know i felt stable at 20 mg.

I started with 1mg and progressed to 20 mg by the end of the day.

I was off methadone for about 36 hrs or so and was in severe withdrawal upon induction.

The most important thing is to feel like death before you dose buprenorphine.

Last edited:
i wish opiates were like weed where you can just do it everyday and there is no wd