• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone & .Etizolam dose totally not making sense!! Please Please help me!.........

CalamityVein

Greenlighter
Methadone & .Etizolam dose totally not making sense!! Please Please help me!.........

First I should say I am a recovering Heroin addict. I goto the methadone clinic every day (liquid handciffs) and am on strong road to recovery! Started off a 140mg. now I'm download 100mg. Anyay,this Aug 27, was my 6th moth completely clean from H! :) WOOOO FRIGGIN HOOO!!

Even before the clinic (since i was a teenager), I've ALWAYS had trouble falling sleep. So I recently found out about this drug called "Etizolam". It's literally the only thing that works for my insomnia ad I'v tried EVERYTHING! Etozolam is legal in America at the moment so I can take the pee tests at the click and there are no troubles at all! at the clinic :)

Only trouble I have with it now is that I was started taking Etizolam. it esd only at 4mg to 6mg to fall asleep. Now to get the same results, i need to take 20 to 25mg!!!! What is going on here?! It's only only been a couple weeks. Could the tolerance really be catching up with me that fast? If so, how far with it go? Especially with the methadone, we's VERY hard to fall asleep.

Anyone think it's the methadone that's messing with the dose? It's really frustrating cuz I finally thought I the answer to my insomnia. I've tried everything out there and this the only thing that helps -- which it still does, I just need a huge dose -- doses that people say are pretty high for Etizolam. What should I do? Any advice?

thanks in advance for any responses!

Napkin

First I should say I am a recovering Heroin addict. I goto the methadone clinic every day (liquid handciffs) and am on strong road to recovery! Started off a 140mg. now I'm download 100mg. Anyay,this Aug 27, was my 6th moth completely clean from H! :) WOOOO FRIGGIN HOOO!!

Even before the clinic (since i was a teenager), I've ALWAYS had trouble falling sleep. So I recently found out about this drug called "Etizolam". It's literally the only thing that works for my insomnia ad I'v tried EVERYTHING! Etozolam is legal in America at the moment so I can take the pee tests at the click and there are no troubles at all! at the clinic :)

Only trouble I have with it now is that I was started taking Etizolam. it esd only at 4mg to 6mg to fall asleep. Now to get the same results, i need to take 20 to 25mg!!!! What is going on here?! It's only only been a couple weeks. Could the tolerance really be catching up with me that fast? If so, how far with it go? Especially with the methadone, we's VERY hard to fall asleep.

Anyone think it's the methadone that's messing with the dose? It's really frustrating cuz I finally thought I the answer to my insomnia. I've tried everything out there and this the only thing that helps -- which it still does, I just need a huge dose -- doses that people say are pretty high for Etizolam. What should I do? Any advice?

thanks in advance for any responses!

Napkin

Hey dude, that's strange because Etizolam has a reverse tolerance for most people. Like when you take it for a week straight it should be hitting you harder the second week. I crush mine up and snort them. But that's just me. I'm guessing you blew a fuse and should stop taking them for a week the try again and keep it at a low dose. Good luck

I will try to write a more concise answer when I get home, but in general, Benzo/Thienodiazepines are not an "answer" to long-term issues like insomnia.

They are wonderful, even miraculous drugs when the are used as intended. The problem is, they are not often used as the are intended to be used.

It's almost painful to here newer users make comments like "I found the answer" when they first discover powerful drugs.

Benzodiazepines work great for everyone's anxiety.

Amphetamines increase everyone's work capacity.

Opioid make everyone feel great.

Beginning from the perspective of "I am different" can be a major pitfall for folks. It is not uncommon to experience the feeling of drugs just "working".

Benzodiazepine and sedative/hypnotic withdrawal in general can be of the most bullish experiences one can endure. This is coming from a life-long Heroin addict.

I'm in complete agreement with Keif on this one. You don't want to switch out one habit for another as you'll likely just wind up with two habits and in many ways benzos are worse than opiates (in particular .. the withdrawal).

The dose escalation you describe sounds like textbook short term tolerance to any drug that affects sleep/wake cycles. A drug doesn't even have to be involved as it's driven by your bodies rapidly escalating and overwhelming changes in the need to sleep. You are no doubt familiar with these and since your body only actively notifies you of tiredness if you focus on inducing sleep it's very easy not to notice sleep imbalance is the cause when you get stuck in a cycle of escalating doses with downers. The sleep they offer is crap and has a hangover .. which doesn't help either - but it's basically the same process as you get with inducing wakefulness using uppers just not as immediately obvious .. or as much fun.

I suggest you take a week off etiazolam and see if the original effectiveness for sleep is restored as if it is then this is probably the answer. It may not be the answer, but regardless my advice as an old and lifelong insomniac is always to lay off regular drug use for sleep as it just won't work. By all means use them for sleep but avoid more than 3 days like the plague. Of course .. if it's not about sleep then it's a different story entirely, though as a rule of thumb it's never a good idea to overwhelm your basic physiological functions with drugs unless it's really good fun or it's keeping you alive.

For me lying awake is by far the most frustrating and self re-enforcing part of the can't sleep / being tired cycle so I never spend more than 10 minutes trying to get to sleep. The extra time is actually quite useful if you've got the space and being tired really isn't that bad unless you're bored senseless but are supposed to be paying attention. It goes without saying that as I'm an insomniac I've always found re-arranging my life to have less boring crap in it a far more tractable and rewarding problem to solve than forcing myself to be asleep or awake at specific socially acceptable times. Of course sometimes you just have to suck it up such as working for the man but I don't think of that as a sleep problem .. it's a problem with the man!

Best of luck to you with the sleep thing - it'll never feel right, but you can learn to live with it. You don't really have a choice as homeostasis (roughly speaking .. physiological balance) makes everyone it's bitch.

Did you have a tolerance to benzos before etizolam? How could you need 4 to 6 mg to sleep in the first few weeks? If you are really taking 20 mg, good luck dropping that because it's gonna be a bitch.

Tolerance for the hypnotic aka sleep-inducing effects of benzos raises much quicker than the anxiolytic or amnesiac properties. 20-25mg is baaaaaad territory, my friend. I've never had to take more than 1.5mg to fall asleep, even when dosing daily. I would recommend beginning to taper immediately.

I wonder how no one noticed this thread is 4 years old. Lol

Well, it's a bit late for this reply, but I agree with the people who said tolerance, and that the doses you're taking are excessive - particularly for something like insomnia (consider that 25mg etizolam is equivalent to ~15-20mg of Xanax, IIRC).