• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

methadone dosage

for a first time user of methadone how many mg should i take?
also how long will it last? if i took he same amount the day after will i get the same effects or will i need to take a stronger dosage?

thank you

psl do yourself a favor and get off of it take suboxen or use heroin its better no lie
they have outlawed meth in Portugal it destroys your body worst the any other legal or illegal drug im not being a fear monger im just telling you the truth if you don't believe me Google methadone in Portugal see why they outlawed it
if nyou need any advice i will be more than willing to chat with you my face book is [email protected] or skype me at jonny.steel18...:?

Bump as the previous posters answer is somewhat incredulous based on all his recent posts and his current status. More opinions would give me a greater comfort level.

Is ongoing or onset nausea common with a one time 10mg dose of methadone for an opiate tolerant user or not?

Bump as the previous posters answer is somewhat incredulous based on all his recent posts and his current status. More opinions would give me a greater comfort level.

Is ongoing or onset nausea common with a one time 10mg dose of methadone for an opiate tolerant user or not?

Just because one person you know got nauseous from 10mg does it mean that you are going to. I know people who got sick from codeine but they regularly take oxycodone. Now they (him) is very negative about codeine due to the nausea and including the itchiness. Remember this guy takes oxycodone on a regular basis. Nausea is a common side effect of opioids but generally comes from taking too large of a dose. I guess the point is that this guy took a much weaker opioid and got sick so it doesn't always mean that its because the opioid is too strong for you. As my friend gets sick from codeine and your friend gets sick from methadone, this does not mean that you will.

When I started MMT I was started on a dose of 30mg and it didn't even help with the withdrawals, usually starting doses don't for people starting MMT. However I was taking 240-320mg of oxycodone daily. So you really can't compare that with your dilemma. TBH I only think 5mg will work for people who have a small habit at most. Compared to the amount of hydromorphone you are taking (16mg, correct?) I don't think 10mg will be too much at all and I always believe that people should start out at the smallest dose possible, but enough to catch some feeling. But if you are really scared about taking too much then go ahead with 5mg.

I know of someone who kept puking all day from Methadone. His habit was maybe 20mg of hydrocodone every couple days and he took 30-40mg of Methadone (it was liquid done so hard to say the exact dose). He was at work and every time he moved too much he'd have to run to the bathroom and puke. About every 20-30 minutes. But you have to remember this guy was basically a newbie, not even using daily, and he took "30-40MG". That is an awful lot.

I sure appreciate the response. I am in no hurry to try it, so I will pick a day requiring no other maintenance with my best friend and get back to you.

That makes one girl I know girl I know give a positive, one I know a negative, a guy who has a history and some credibility here a positive, and a guy who couldnt last two weeks on this board a negative.

Feelin much better about trying it. More feedback always welcome. It is info useful to all.

On another note: I snorted my dose of hydromorphone for the first time tonight. I will write a trip report. Definitely got more of the drug this way. I felt "perfect". My girlfriend said she has not seen me so "normal" and happy since my neck pain began.

That is why I love opiates, they make me feel normal. I don't feel bipolar, my mood is evened out. In fact, a little better than normal.

can anyone please tell me how long it takes before a high tolerance to methadone drops? SWIM was on 80 mils for 3 months and SWIM got cut off, but now swim can buy it from a fiend, but 80 still does the exact same thing it did a month ago when i was taking it daily. SWIM was off methadone and IV'ing aprox. 2-3 hydromorphone conton 12mg a day for a month before swim tried to take his old dosage to have basically no high and only to feel a bit tired)

jg....I think u are confused.dilaudid is hydromorphine....not oxymorphone

I think u are confused...I think you take hydromorphone (dilaudid) NOT oxymorphone....which is opana

I read sone where that methadone clinics don't go by your current dosage of opiates but rather by your height and weight (7.5mg for an 160lb person ). I've been tapering off H but am considering getting on methadone so I don't relapse and would like to know how dosing goes. I was doing about 1 or 1& 1/2 buns a days (10 or 15 bags, like a gram or a 1.5 grams ). Does anyone know what my starting dose at a clinic would be? I'm 4"10, around 125 lbs

I've been on 165 mgs of methadone daily as an MMT patient for about 2.5 years. Recently I have tried taking my dose in halves instead of all at once, daily. Each time I've tried this (maybe 3 times now), I have felt more of an opiate euphoria than I ever do when taking the full 165 at once! I know I can't be the only one who's experienced this, but for some reason I'm having trouble finding any threads related to this. Does anyone out there experience more of a high when they take a smaller amount than their daily methadone dose? Please tell me this makes some sort of sense??? Thank you!

methadone is the first opioid I ever used some 10 years ago. I stupidly took 30mg with no tolerance.
Holy shit I'm happy to be alive from that one...