• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

methadone dosage?

lman_15

Bluelighter
Hey i recently acquired a 100ml/80mg bottle of methadone nd was wondering how much the dosage should be? I've been using oxys regularly since may nd would say i've used 40-80mg a day for about 2 months.. usually closer to 80mg.. how much would be a safe dosage?

Hey i recently acquired a 100ml/80mg bottle of methadone nd was wondering how much the dosage should be? I've been using oxys regularly since may nd would say i've used 40-80mg a day for about 2 months.. usually closer to 80mg.. how much would be a safe dosage?

Please be careful, you are asking a very dangerous question. You see, with Oxy., you are use to a good strong high, probably. Methadone, while super strong, don't really offer that kind of high. So after a few hours you take some more. Before long, you wonder why you are barely breathing. And it last so, so long its scary. I had a friend die with that shit, and I almost did too. And I'm not even going to go into the problems if you get hooked on it.

My suggestion is to put it away or throw it away. Sorry, but thats one opiate that I really respect. Its spooky.
Best

Methadone is extremely potent. Even 20-30mg's could potentially kill someone who isn't tolerant to opiates/opioids. I can't really offer any advice about how much to take. In fact, to be safe, I'd follow Pchild's advice to put it away or throw it away.

well i wasn't even thinkin recreational use.. im been using oc for a while now nd wanted to quit.. would takin methadone help avoid withdrawls?

well i wasn't even thinkin recreational use.. im been using oc for a while now nd wanted to quit.. would takin methadone help avoid withdrawls?

No, I see no conceivable way that 'done would help you with WDs. I mean, sure it would stop 'em cold. But, then your back to square one. Now there are times when it is used, even in inpatient detox centers, but thats beyond the scope here. At your dose, and length of addiction, CT is your best route, IMO.

The good new is your not at that big of dose. I'm not saying it will be fun, but you can do it. Just remember, days 1-3 are the worst, with #2 being peak.

Now, the true hard part, and one that I haven't beat, is staying clean. I hope you have much success on quiting. just leave that methadone out of the picture.:)

Best

Also please explain "nd"

CT? any chance you could lower the dosage over lets say 2-3 weeks.. for example drop to 70 a day, then 60 a day, then 50 a day, etc. would that actually work? would it help wit the withdrawals?

CT? any chance you could lower the dosage over lets say 2-3 weeks.. for example drop to 70 a day, then 60 a day, then 50 a day, etc. would that actually work? would it help wit the withdrawals?

CT = "cold turkey"

Well I'll tell ya, in theory, a taper plan sounds like a super plan. Now, in reality they are a major bitch to do. I mean, once bitten by the opie bug, its so, so easy to break off taper, just to get back feeling normal again. I'm not saying it can't be done, or that people don't do it, I'm just saying its damn hard. At least it was for me.

For me the best way to quit is eat all your supply(or throw 'em away:)) and go into it with nothing you can get access to. And really, if you were able to drop to say 20-30mg/day, I'm not really sure that would really help you with actual WDs. I mean I have entered WDs coming off amts. of Oxy from 75-300+mg/day and can actually say the symptoms to be eqully bad. I mean your body is addicted at whatever dose and once the opiate is stopped the body has to readjust. And thats going to hurt.

I think us who want off these things, worry too much about WDs, and as a result we postpone starting, try tapering, or anything to avoid having to go through it. I would get a good mind set started. You know you want off 'em and luckily after only two months. Tell yourself its worth a little pain to get back to a real life. You CAN do this. Don't put it off, with opies you just get wound tighter. I wish you the very best.

Ask any other questions you need answering.

Best

Please be carefull methadone is a very difficult drug to self medicate.
I'm 2 far gone today to explain but i'm sure someone else will back me up.
Hope you get to where you want to be but respect that shit its fukin deadly

@IMAN

Id go with 30 or 40 mg but the main rule is dont mix it whatsoever with alcohol or any benzos.
I think its overstated the o.d. potential of methadone in healthy adults as the vast majority of deaths are from a mixture of other drugs which slow your breathing down. according to methadone handbook 50mg is the min to kill a healthy, male adult

@IMAN

Id go with 30 or 40 mg but the main rule is dont mix it whatsoever with alcohol or any benzos.
I think its overstated the o.d. potential of methadone in healthy adults as the vast majority of deaths are from a mixture of other drugs which slow your breathing down. according to methadone handbook 50mg is the min to kill a healthy, male adult

I agree mate with your dosage. 40mg is meant 2 be a holding dose ,it is difficult 2 give info on line cos we don't know the bro personally and there can be externall factors. but as you say do not mix as can be fatal.<3

@IMAN

I agree 100%. But you think about how many of us likes to take a little benzo chaser with our opiates. I know I DID
But I did a bunch of valium with the Methadone and it about laid me in the shade, for real. Thus the reason for the cautious post as well as the reason I don't mix benzos and opies, anymore.

That being said, a Methadone high sucks compare to Oxy. So I found myself increasing the dose, thinking my tolerance was way out there. And then, all the sudden, I could barely breathe. I maintain that stuff should be respected.

Best

If your trying to quit use the methadone to taper with, take just enough to where your not fiending like crazy. I would start with 10ml and see if it's enough to hold u, if it doesn't hold you titrate up little by little till your comfortable enough. After that take less and less every day till your on a low enough dose to make the jump without being too sick.

if you can hadnle 80mg oxy you can handle 50mg methadone

Exactly. I must say that some crappy suggestions, if you can call them suggestions, have been put on the table in this thread. Methadone is dangerous for someone with no, or very low, opiate tolerance, and when taken with other depressants and anxiolytics. Neither of which the OP said he did, and he gave his current opiate tolerance which puts him well within the confines of a strong opiate tolerance. If cold turkey is not an option, this is the best alternative if used correctly and on a stern regiment.

OP: Best advice would be to take as little as possible to get through the day. Assuming you are not going to abuse it, and depending on your BMI, 30mg to 35mg taken orally should work. Night time will not be sweet dreams, but nothing that a little marijuana can't fix. After roughly 7 to 10 days, you should be sleeping fine, and begin to taper 1mg every other day. Follow this regiment, and do not substitute any other drugs (withhold marijuana IMO) during the taper, and you should be successful.

I just want to add that I once had a similar level of opioid (in my case heroin) habit, took a SINGLE methadone dose of around 30ml and was high for days then it gradually worked its way out of my system and it was a perfect opioid taper in a single dose. Was working and traveling and it really saved me from detox hell and was able to keep my travel and work plans and it was super successful.

As always YMMV but I can attest to the potential to taper off a small-medium opioid habit via a single dose of methadone.

The reason I used this method is that it was it was recommended by a friend who used this technique regularly (every few months when wishing to get clean).

My Methadone 25mg 100 tablet bottle states……..take 2.5/5mg to 10mg every 8-10 hours

After 5 days of taking Methadone it gets stronger due to its extremely long half life, and builds up in the system/CNS/mu receptors

If your taking Oxycodone regularly 40-80mg for 2 months your opioid tolerant

A Methadone clinic will start you at 30mg for safety reasons, and increase if needed to stabilize patient free of withdrawal.

You can take 20mg in the morning and see how you feel an hour after (30min onset / hour full effects / 2-3 hours peak serum levels) 24h half life roughly ……analgesic effects lasts 8 hours approximately