• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone detox help. Only on it for 4 months

Reid187

Greenlighter
Hi my name is Reid and ive detoxed from everything from fetenyl to heroin but this is my first time detoxing off of methadone. Going to keep things short and simple. I'm in a veteran ptsd clinic and have to take methadone in order to be here but am leaving soon. I have spit my dose out the past 3 days, tomorrow will by my fourth. And so far the withdrawals have been minimal, am I just getting ahead of myself? Are they going to get worse in days to come? Is some being absorbed through my gums? I'm finally down to 10mg from 80mg. Started to taper 2 months ago. I'm on liquid form they add water too in the clinic. It's only in my mouth for about 20 seconds max. Anyone have any experience with this?! Any help would be greatly appreated. I'm rather on the skinny side too, so don't think it would take extra long to leave my system.

methadone wds tend to last quite a while and peak around the first week, so you may notice an increase in severity.
do you have any meds to help with the wd's? clonidine etc
a negligible amount will be absorbed into the gums but it won't make any difference
and if you've got a faster metabolism it may speed things up incrementally but you're still in for the long haul with 'done wds i'm afraid.

Thanks for the reply! I honestly wish I never started with the stuff, but I guess it has helped me feel somewhat normal. Starting to feel real emotions again, which is strange after 8 years of use. Guess I'll just keep with it. And yes I'm taking clonidine and Imodium to help with the symptoms. Not even bothering to go over and pretend to take my dose today.

Can you get comfort meds OP? Gabapentin, clonidine, diazepam, buprenorphine, tramadol, baclofen, etc these are all used to help people transition off/detox from methadone. Highly, highly recommended, even in a fairly ideal situation such as yours. You'd probably even benefit from a week or two of.kratom if you can't get anything more appropriate.

I'm at a VA facility, they think I'm tapering, and I have chronic back pain so I'm already perceived most of these mess, although you have to be careful with baclofen as it has it's own nasty withdrawals. Been taking trazadone for sleep, but lately it's been giving me bad restless leg syndrome or maybe it's just the withdrawals. Would kill for some xannax, but I'm an addict so that's a no go lol