Mental Health Methadone combined with other prescription drugs

Warriorprincess

Greenlighter
Hello. I am new to the forum and would like to get some insight om something I've been experiencing. Basically, I have been sober from heroin for a year and have been participating in a methadone clinic. It has helped but I hate the idea of being on something that is physically addicting so in an effort to gain my body and my life back I have been doing a slow detox, I am on tabs so I have been going down 10 mg every two weeks. I realize that this is a rather rapid detox but I plan to switch to liquid soon so I can lower my detox amount. I have also been taking Clonazepam to help ease the detox and I'm also on 100 me of Zoloft a day. I know it is dangerous to use any benzodiazepines with methadone and I actually tend to nod off and pass out when taking them. So, I stopped taking them abruptly which I also know is dangerous but it has been about 4 days now and I still feel the effects. I'm always tired, I'm actually struggling to keep my eyes open while typing this post! If anyone had any insight in this matter I would really appreciate it. I can't really afford to lose my job for falling asleep and not to mention whe I was taking the Clonazepam I was doing a lot of mindless behavior not thinking rationally for example I was stealing random things from stores and also forgetting everything I had done the day before. Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for your help!