• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone clinic question/do they report to pharmacies?

JustMeNKU

Greenlighter
Hello,

if this post isn’t allowed please feel free to delete. I live in Ohio. I’ve developed a herion addiction that’s really taken over my life. I’ve always had horrible anxiety and a tendency to run from all my problems. Anyway, I’ve been on herion (pretty sure it’s got fentynal in it as well) for about a year. It’s destroyed my life in many wayy...I’ve lost my job...got another one and have since lost it.
Anyway, I decided today to call and make an appointment at the local methadone clinic over in West Virginia. I am currently prescribed 4 1 mg Xanax daily by my psychiatrist in Ohio. My anxiety is horrible. I don’t always take them but sometimes I have to. My question is, if I go through with my appointment in the morning, is my doctor going to be notified that I’m now on methadone?

I really wanna get clean but idk about losing my Xanax. I’ve tried quitting the herion on my own and have made it several days but always fall back into the downward slope. I just don’t wanna lose my Xanax, for many reasons. My anxiety is one of the reasons I started using.
I’m just curious if this would be reported back to my doctor or not, or if there is pharmacy list that I would be flagged on.

There are protections in place that keep methadone clinics from notifying pharmacies or logging anything in state PDMP databases. However, if concurrent benzo use isn’t outright forbidden, you’ll likely have to sign a waiver allowing the clinic to communicate with your prescriber.

Thank you both for your response. So I know I sound stupid (watching the debates and haven’t read the scoop yet). Im going to be private pay in WV at the clinic, I get my Xanax in Ohio (with my insurance if that matters?) so, would they be able to contact my doctor in Ohio and tell her ?

And say, I sign the waiver and don’t test positive for any benzos after my first visit... would they contact my doctor? I really wanna ween off the herion, and honestly I can not take the Xanax until I get off the herion

It’s possible to have a Xanax prescription and be on methadone just realize you’re going to be heavily scrutinized and drug tested for this reason. Also realize It you take your dose above 100 mg and take Xanax daily your life’s basically going to be a giant nodding off./ sleeping fest. Xanax and methadone will basically make you tired all of the time

I understand and I don’t want to be nodding off all the time. I just got a new job I start in a few weeks and need to get my sh*t together. So, I guess my question is, with methadone treatment, do the methadone clinics report to pharmacy’s ? Or doctors? Or anything ? I know when a suboxone prescription is written, doctors are able to see that when they run a prescription report. But methadone clinics have you dose onsite...is that reported to any pharmacies or doctors ?

And say, I sign the waiver and don’t test positive for any benzos after my first visit... would they contact my doctor? I really wanna ween off the herion, and honestly I can not take the Xanax until I get off the herion

As long as you have a doctor prescribing xanax, the clinic will need to contact them. It doesn’t matter if you test negative.

As long as you have a doctor prescribing xanax, the clinic will need to contact them. It doesn’t matter if you test negative.
I think he’s asking if the clinic would notify the prescriber if he DIDNT test positive for benzos, as in, to tell them that he wasn’t properly taking his medications as prescribed.

I understand and I don’t want to be nodding off all the time. I just got a new job I start in a few weeks and need to get my sh*t together. So, I guess my question is, with methadone treatment, do the methadone clinics report to pharmacy’s ? Or doctors? Or anything ? I know when a suboxone prescription is written, doctors are able to see that when they run a prescription report. But methadone clinics have you dose onsite...is that reported to any pharmacies or doctors ?

Chances are the clinic will want you to sign a release to the doctor. So yes they will likely report to the doctor. Are you worried your doctor won’t be OK with this? I would just bring a prescription to your clinic for your Xanax.

If you don’t fail a drug test for Xanax just tell the clinic the Xanax is an as needed medication for panic attacks?

I don’t think your doctor can cut your script because your getting on methadone but who knows today all doctors are afraid of being sued or losing their medical license so he may not want the liability and try and pull your script

My situation is a bit different in a couple ways, but I can provide my experience and maybe it’ll give you some insight. I was arrested while heavily addicted to benzos, had a massive seizure in jail, and they prescribed me a taper of ativan which later got changed to Valium in the hospital after being released, for the longer half life. I was also heavily addicted to heroin, and after 3 weeks cold turkey, 1 week in jail, 1 week in the hospital, and one more week until I could make an appointment, I got into the only hospital in my area that prescribes suboxone. I went in to the appointment with a nurse from a mental health program I’m in. My doctor gave me an agreement to sign that stated I was aware of their expectations, and the prohibition of benzos was one of the requirements. My nurse asked if, since I was on a Valium taper, would I have to wait to finish that before starting suboxone. He said no for 2 reasons. 1-because it was being heavily monitored and 2-because it was a taper. Had those two things not been true, I’m not sure they’d accept me into MAT. Methadone is a pretty powerful medicine, and 4mg Xanax daily isn’t necessarily a low dose, and they both cause respiratory depression, and combined they can indeed kill you, so it’s hard to say what the clinic will say. There’s a chance they’d accept you, since it’s doctor prescribed, but like others have said, you’d be under heavy surveillance as far as your meds. It’s also possible they tell you that you have to choose one or the other and either taper off Xanax and get on methadone, or choose to stay on Xanax and decide not to go on methadone. It’s hard to say, but doctors are really careful these days, and I have to be honest I’d be surprised if they knowingly gave you a medicine knowing you already take another med that combined can be deadly.