• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone and clinic question.

Xkx099

Greenlighter
I’m currently on 140 mg of Methadone. I’m a monthly patient been in treatment for about 5 years now. I lost 6 bottles of medicine in my washer. Don’t ask. Long story. I went to my clinic Wednesday and told them what happened. They said there was nothing they can do. For me to come back my normal day which is Monday. They said I would have to come everyday for one week and then should get a 2 week take home and then my month. My question is does anyone know how much they will cut my dose tomorrow? I know for safety reasons they’re supposed to. I’m in Georgia by the way.

I’m currently on 140 mg of Methadone. I’m a monthly patient been in treatment for about 5 years now. I lost 6 bottles of medicine in my washer. Don’t ask. Long story. I went to my clinic Wednesday and told them what happened. They said there was nothing they can do. For me to come back my normal day which is Monday. They said I would have to come everyday for one week and then should get a 2 week take home and then my month. My question is does anyone know how much they will cut my dose tomorrow? I know for safety reasons they’re supposed to. I’m in Georgia by the way.
Probably not much. I know here in PA if you run out of money to pay they will drop you by 5mg everyday to taper. I can't believe they couldn't help you out after 5 years being with them.

Probably not much. I know here in PA if you run out of money to pay they will drop you by 5mg everyday to taper. I can't believe they couldn't help you out after 5 years being with them.
Thank God they didn’t cut my dose at all, very much to my surprise. Still waiting until tomorrow though to see if I’m going to daily for a month or be weekly for a couple months. My counselor said they were going to discuss it today and decide what exactly to do. She said they had to go over the laws and everything. Worse case though, she said I would be daily for a month and then go back to picking up a month. Yes, I was very shocked that they couldn’t or wouldn’t help me. She said it’s the same way at a regular Dr office. If you loose your med in some way your just screwed.

Thank God they didn’t cut my dose at all, very much to my surprise. Still waiting until tomorrow though to see if I’m going to daily for a month or be weekly for a couple months. My counselor said they were going to discuss it today and decide what exactly to do. She said they had to go over the laws and everything. Worse case though, she said I would be daily for a month and then go back to picking up a month. Yes, I was very shocked that they couldn’t or wouldn’t help me. She said it’s the same way at a regular Dr office. If you loose your med in some way your just screwed.

Not where I'm from. Lost about 12 Suboxone tablets a few months ago and I called up my doctor and he called them right in. Of course insurence wouldnt cover the script I had to pay cash for them.