• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone after naltrexone therapy

lmaster

Greenlighter
Hello,

I was on naltrexone 50mg pills for 3 months - 50mg a day.
Last dose of 25mg was taken before 32h.

I switched back to methadone - took 20mg and nop, nothing, apsolutely. I have redose another 20mg after 4 hours - nop, nicht.

Naltrexone doesn't accumulate in body after prolonged use on 100mg, not to talk about 50mg and 25mg 30h before methadone use...

How long i have to wait again for methadone to kick in?
This little Naltrexone pill really blocks even methadone and 40mg isn't quite low after 3 months break.
My daily usage was 30 to 50mg a day with some Klonopin.

I hope for some input.

Regards,
LM.

I think naltrexone has some metabolites, 6β-Naltrexol, that have longer half-lives and may be contributing factors after a few months of naltrexone. If it is perhaps 12 hours for 6β-Naltrexol, could be 60 hours roughly for that metabolite, another couple days. I don't know fully about naltrexone terminal elimination in reality, but when it has been distributed in the body it can take a while longer than the half-life listed.

As to when it passes to a level that doesn't interfere with opioids significantly, that could happen sooner than complete elimination.

30 hours after your last dose of naltrexone isn't exactly long.

As checktest said, naltrexone has a moderately long-lasting metabolite, naltrexol, which has a half-life of 13 hours (whereas naloxone itself has a half-life of approx. 4), so after 30 hours, there should still be roughly 1/4th of the drug left... that is probably enough to seriously put a damper on the effects of any opioid consumed so shortly after your last dose of naloxone.

Moved from Neuroscience and Pharmacology to Other Drugs.

And so i waited next day - on fourth day i took 40mg - my tolerance after 3 months of naltrexone was totaly reversed (15 years on/off on opioids) and rush with all day lasting nood was like a virgin thing again 😊

Man, Naltrexone really brings the tolerance back, this 40mg was like a 100mg couple years ago.

Aaand unfortunately - I have overdosed on Friday night.
Took morning klonopin 2mg,took 40mg of methadone and another 2mg of klonopin after that, about 7 hours plusm
I was nooding pretty fine and went to bed arount 01am.
Last thing i remeber - i wad in a ICU, don't remember a thing.
ER gave me IV naloxone and when we arrived in ICU they were repeated IV naloxone with IV Flumazenil.
3x0.2mg Naloxone and 2x0.3mg of Flumazenil.
Second shot of Flumazenil has bring me back to life.
Everything was lit and vibrant, something beetwen seizure and ligh strobes.
Could also be a panic attack because of Flumazenil - it had took all that beznos from receptors.
I started to panic and the whole room with doctors was celebrating - they were starting to creating tube for ingestion, saturation with oxygen was about 60% only.

Well, if you want to go down the road with Naltrexone, don't be stupid as me, you've got first time for everything - even the OD.

Last edited:
I'm ok for now, i was just plain stupid, I don't know....
I hae taken 2mg of klonopin at 9am, 49mg of methadone at 5pm and another 2mg klonopin at 10pm... Everyrhing started to happen around 9am next day.
My first OD in a almost 20 years on/off.
Remainder - i can't get another word for it.
Whan i became conscious on table in ICU and saw my wife i just try to imagine what a fuck up i have made.
Maybe it's time for me to just give up once and for all.

Last edited: